UFC 222 - Edgar vs Ortega - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible post. His jab is very effective and he has a piston for a left cross. And he does have power have you not watched his dwcs fight? Ware is tough as nails has never been kod. And ware is a very solid mma striker. Omalleys 23 ffs just made his ufc debut cut the guy some slack do you expect the finished article at 23 after 9 pro fights? Jeez.
not saying he's a bum, he has potential, he's very raw and unpolished. I'll go watch the DWCS fight now, but that ware fight showed me everything I need to know about him.

I absolutely agree with your overall point. But to clarify this part of it, Stephens rocked him with a kick to the chin, but it was all toes. He was badly wobbled but he was able to dive for a leg and recover. If a similar situation plays out against Ortega there’s a strong chance that he’s getting choked.

Yeah I remember Frankie getting stung there, and I remember him tying Stephens up right away to recover. I didn't remember it being a kick but then I'm old so my memory kinda sucks LOL and I didn't rewatch that fight recently.

O'Malley's striking is super sloppy (hands down all the time, lazy jab, no power behind his straight left) Ware is not a high level striker and he landed a solid 20 significant punches throughout the fight, especially in the 2nd, souk has a lot more power than Ware, but Souk's striking isn't exactly elite either. I bet Souk decision but I hate it. this fight is the 3rd on the ppv... smh.
Ware isn’t a high level striker but he is a solid boxer and is very experienced. I think it was a very good test for O’Malley and he can learn and improve from that fight.

This was when O'Malley already had Khashakyan rocked, terrible defense. He's sooo sloppy, I stand by that.

^^hands down like that is a concern. Reminds me of Marcin Prachnio from last card. He just marched forward walking Alvey down with his hands so low. You just can't do that and get away with it.

lmao if edgar/ortega gets bet down close to a pick em

lmao if edgar/ortega gets bet down close to a pick em

I love Ortega. Super nice guy with really outstanding BJJ. Sad to say but I think he gets pieced up tomorrow night.

Looking back at all the hype behind Yair Rodriguez....Yair got absolutely crushed. There are levels to this game. Even though Frankie is a few years old and maybe showing some wear I think he still mauls Ortega.

holy shit dollaway looked terrible on the scales. still may play him after r1 though.

Fortuna is a better fighter than Milstead and he lost.

i actually thought fortuna won. you could definitely make a case either way.

milstead's striking defence sucks but he's explosive and has a good shot selection. also been wrestling since a kid, should be able to hold his own in the grappling.

johnson is slow as fuck and says he's looking to stand and get a knockout. he also has a baby on the way any day now which could be disrupting his focus.

all the value is on milstead here.

I love Ortega. Super nice guy with really outstanding BJJ. Sad to say but I think he gets pieced up tomorrow night.

Looking back at all the hype behind Yair Rodriguez....Yair got absolutely crushed. There are levels to this game. Even though Frankie is a few years old and maybe showing some wear I think he still mauls Ortega.

Yair’s best win coming into that fight was the KO against Fili, when Fili was complaining about an eye poke. Ortega’s resume is much more impressive.

I bet Frankie against Yair, I thought Yair was overhyped and it was a good matchup for him. It seems like everyone is on Edgar here but I’m not sure about this one.

Indeed, Frankie's got mileage, but he's still beating top guys. If Ortega wins, it really bodes well for his future.

i actually thought fortuna won. you could definitely make a case either way.

milstead's striking defence sucks but he's explosive and has a good shot selection. also been wrestling since a kid, should be able to hold his own in the grappling.

johnson is slow as fuck and says he's looking to stand and get a knockout. he also has a baby on the way any day now which could be disrupting his focus.

all the value is on milstead here.
What value ?
He is coming from 1 year lay off
He has a full time job
Blaydes destroyed his knee

The thing with Jordan having a baby soon can be motivating for him.

Yair’s best win coming into that fight was the KO against Fili, when Fili was complaining about an eye poke. Ortega’s resume is much more impressive.

I bet Frankie against Yair, I thought Yair was overhyped and it was a good matchup for him. It seems like everyone is on Edgar here but I’m not sure about this one.
I wouldn't say everyone. I didn't read the whole thread but I saw quite a few posts picking Ortega. The betting line is pretty close, relatively. Ortega's only +135 on 5dimes. Hardly a massive dog. I'm not sure about this fight either, but I've seen Edgar dig deep and win so many times against so many great competitors, I think he will do it again.

id rather just play Johnson -235 in a parlay with a underdog--the problem is, I cant find an underdog I like?

Johnson is a better athlete then Milstead.. He has a strong college wrestling background, rising jiu jitsu, can take a shot, slow with hands but takes the right technical approach and throws the jab out, shows good wrestling takedowns like Cormier.. Milstead is faster with the hands and on the feet, but I think he gets pushed against the fence and taken down. If Milstead wins I think its in the first with a fast KO or something but still Fortuna landed shots on Johnson and he survived. I think Johnson's fight IQ is OK so I don't see him standing there and trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back