UFC 228 - Till V Woodley

Byrds striking looks much better than Stewarts and Stewart looks poor enough on the ground. I think Stewart is pretty bad overall.

Honestly I'd have to agree. Stewart has this faux-technical style where his striking looks crisp but with 0 precision and mediocre defense. He swings at air a lot. It's like he spends most of his training time hitting a bag alone instead of sparring.

At best for Stewart I see it being relatively even on the feet with a big grappling advantage for Byrd. But I won't be surprise if Byrd can outland him.

I imagine it goes like Woodly Wonderboy but if the fight looks close enough they give it to Till because the UFC would clearly prefer him to be champ.

I imagine it goes like Woodly Wonderboy but if the fight looks close enough they give it to Till because the UFC would clearly prefer him to be champ.
Hmm... didn't know the UFC could handpick their preferred champion in closely contested title fights.

Of course they can.
People have had these kind of conversations ad nauseam in these threads. Of course there is a possibility of corruption, but why would they even risk it on a relatively minor commodity like Till? There's really not that much to gain from it, and it would be a big scandal if someone found out. And obviously, the judges aren't under UFC management in the first place.

I think Shev vs Montano is a mismatch and I really don't see Nicco surviving 5 rounds. Valentina's striking is from another planet compared to Nicco's and she is faster, stronger and more technical as well. She also has been training martial arts for almost her whole life and beat much better girls at a higher weight class. This is Valentina's natural weight class and I think she will completely destroy Nicco on the feet and finish her with GnP or a submission. This fight is a squash match and I'm really big on FDNGTD @-150. Wish I could've gotten that + money opener, but -150 is still a steal. I kind of feel bad for Nicco here and I hope she doesn't have to take to much of a beating before the ref steps in.

Hmm... didn't know the UFC could handpick their preferred champion in closely contested title fights.
LOL. What do you think UFC is? It is a business. Thus, if Till makes more business sense in a 50/50 fight, it will go to Till. Do you really believe the judges are always discrete? Come on man... Get into the field where there is money flow and see how real world works. It is easy to believe that the world is impartial when you are working office job punching clock 9 to 5.

People have had these kind of conversations ad nauseam in these threads. Of course there is a possibility of corruption, but why would they even risk it on a relatively minor commodity like Till? There's really not that much to gain from it, and it would be a big scandal if someone found out. And obviously, the judges aren't under UFC management in the first place.
And you sure know that judges are in no way influenced by UFC... How would you know that?

$1,000 to win $3,000

Woodley Decision

Sorry mate but that is an awful bet IMO. Woodley hasn't fought for so long. Hates being pressured. His cardio is shit. His only hope is an early KO. Till is going to make him look stupid and because of how boring he has become i think he deserves the embarrassment of whats going to happen....

Sorry mate but that is an awful bet IMO. Woodley hasn't fought for so long. Hates being pressured. His cardio is shit. His only hope is an early KO. Till is going to make him look stupid and because of how boring he has become i think he deserves the embarrassment of whats going to happen....
Stop it. Till might have an awful weight cut and his cardio could be even worse, don't act like everyhing is black and white. There are so many factors in this fight that you simply can't know, and to just disregard them are foolish. My money is on Till but posts like this are stupid.
Bet Woodley not decision if his only hope is a KO, it's -300 should be really good value if you see it that way

Ohmbet was offering a bet on Till making weight but they took it off, is anyone else offering it?

Someone high up with the UFC goes to say hi and shake hands with the judges pre-fight, happens to mention how much they like Till, they can see big things for him..

Someone high up with the UFC goes to say hi and shake hands with the judges pre-fight, happens to mention how much they like Till, they can see big things for him..

Judges are hired by the AC's, the UFC doesn't get a say. There would need to be some sort of benefit (financial would be the assumption obviously) for a judge to be biased due to UFC influence. I understand that there is a lot of $ involved with the sport now, but the actual logistics of influencing judges to rig fights is complicated (not impossible, but not easy). Esp because unlike boxing, MMA doesn't have the long history of legitimacy. Right or wrong there's a lot of the population that views it similarly to pro wrestling. A fight fixing scandal could torpedo the entire org, they aren't gonna risk that over Darren Till.

LOL. What do you think UFC is? It is a business. Thus, if Till makes more business sense in a 50/50 fight, it will go to Till. Do you really believe the judges are always discrete? Come on man... Get into the field where there is money flow and see how real world works. It is easy to believe that the world is impartial when you are working office job punching clock 9 to 5.
I own a business and I work 50 hours a week, there's no need for you to lecture me on how the real world works.
The reason a lot of these discussions easily devolve in petty bickering is because of the passive-aggressive stance people take for anyone having the 'audacity' to disagree with them. It's a very toxic attitude and you see especially in real life how much unnecessary conflict it causes, mostly because people can't keep their ego in check.

Mortex2 said:
And you sure know that judges are in no way influenced by UFC... How would you know that?
You are asking me to defend a proposition I never made in the first place.

I clearly said:
Of course there is a possibility of corruption (...)

Applesvild said if it goes to a split it will surely go to the guy the UFC desires. I said I had some strong doubts about that, since we've clearly seen many times in the past 'undesirable' fighters winning a split. At what point in the conversation was I talking in absolutes?

Last edited:
FUCK! There goes my biggest bet of the card

I’m calling it, Montano fight is scrapped. Till missed weight, and TWood won’t take the fight. UFC228: Zabit Davis.

Back