UFC 231 Holloway vs Ortega

Wow - confident enough to put 4 units on Holloway! That seems super risky, especially considering his (CTE) illness. Check his latest interviews where he basically says the symptoms took a very long time to go away (he actually doesn't answer the question & implies the symptoms never fully went away) + how he tries not to think about it, & it got him really depressed. A lot of the fight game is mental, careful on that Holloway bet.
Bro...thats pig u r talking to...know ur place peasant

Wow - confident enough to put 4 units on Holloway! That seems super risky, especially considering his (CTE) illness. Check his latest interviews where he basically says the symptoms took a very long time to go away (he actually doesn't answer the question & implies the symptoms never fully went away) + how he tries not to think about it, & it got him really depressed. A lot of the fight game is mental, careful on that Holloway bet.

can you link these interviews you mention? thanks

can you link these interviews you mention? thanks

This doesn't sound good (check Max's answer at the 4 minute mark). Also, check Ariel Helwani latest interview with him, Holloway gets testy about the investigation into his 'mystery illness'. I'm actually considering doubling my position on Ortega because of these interviews.

Last edited:

This doesn't sound good (check Max's answer at the 4 minute mark). Also, check Ariel Helwani latest interview with him, Holloway gets testy about the investigation into his 'mystery illness'. I'm actually considering doubling my position on Ortega because of these interviews.

He's looked and sounded kinda derpy for his entire career, tbh.

Why would i bullshit about doubling my position on Ortega? I'm big on Ortega to win this fight, & Holloway truly sounds like this CTE thing has effected him badly. Good luck if you're betting on Holloway, you're definitely gonna need it.

He's looked and sounded kinda derpy for his entire career, tbh.

Why don't you listen to the specific interview that i linked, where Holloway clearly says that his symptoms never fully went away after his 'mystery illness' (aka CTE) & how he doesn't like to think about it & how he got very depressed. Oh & did i mention how he wasn't allowed to be in the gym for a long time too? Like I said, a big part of the fight game is mental. The interview that i linked (which is literally from a couple days ago) will not inspire confidence in betting on Holloway.

Why don't you listen to the specific interview that i linked, where Holloway clearly says that his symptoms never fully went away after his 'mystery illness' (aka CTE) & how he doesn't like to think about it & how he got very depressed. Oh & did i mention how he wasn't allowed to be in the gym for a long time too? Like I said, a big part of the fight game is mental. The interview that i linked (which is literally from a couple days ago) will not inspire confidence in betting on Holloway.
you do have a point and it may be a concern but judging from the interviews, I think us Holloway supporters do not see it as big of an issue as you may describe it to be. Holloway has always been a bit spacey plus he has been cleared by the UFC and other medical institution. For me, "mystery illness" is usually a poor excuse for:
1) it is not in my best interest to fight this guy
2) I missed weight really badly and there is only one week left
3) I reconsidered my position
Thanks for your inputs tho man.

you do have a point and it may be a concern but judging from the interviews, I think us Holloway supporters do not see it as big of an issue as you may describe it to be. Holloway has always been a bit spacey plus he has been cleared by the UFC and other medical institution. For me, "mystery illness" is usually a poor excuse for:
Thanks for your inputs tho man.
Dude, just listen to the Holloway interview that I linked. I’m not talking about the way he’s speaking, I’m talking about specific things that he says in the interview. He admits that it’s effected him a lot. That’s not me saying it, it’s coming directly from Holloway & it should worry people willing to bet Holloway.

It was obviously not any of those reasons, just look at his open workout pre ufc 226, something was wrong and everyone in attendance saw it. It wasn't Max himself who pulled out, his team had to trick him by telling him he had more media obligations and took him to the doctors, because he refused to risk being pulled, so that he was too heavy and thought he could not make weight can't be it

Everyone keeps bringing up that he's been cleared by medicals, that dosen't mean anything, Liddell got cleared, the testing is really bad

Last edited:
Yes Gunnar looks good, IDK bout jucied lol but he's in shape. But here's the thing, that photo is a photo shopped af, air brushed af and I don't think he'll look nearly as impressive when you see him on the scale.
This is from a video of the photo shoot. Sure there is better lighting and some post processing but I wouldn't call it photoshopped/airbrushed af.

Attachments

• nelson.JPG
    nelson.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 27
It was obviously not any of those reasons, just look at his open workout pre ufc 226, something was wrong and everyone in attendance saw it. It wasn't Max himself who pulled out, his team had to trick him by telling him he had more media obligations and took him to the doctors, because he refused to risk being pulled, so that he was too heavy and thought he could not make weight can't be it

Everyone keeps bringing up that he's been cleared by medicals, that dosen't mean anything, Liddell got cleared, the testing is really bad
Exactly! Also, if Max is just a little mentally slower or sluggish, that could be the difference in the fight. Medicals don’t detect things like that, they’re only looking at major things to make sure he doesn’t have an irregular heartbeat or something easily measurable. Symptoms related to CTE, like mild brain fog, those aren’t going to be detected in a medical clearance.

I'm impressed by how many ppl is so confident on Holloway??

How can you guys simply ignore Holloway health issues and mind state?

At those levels factors like that are literally game changing.

This fight is a pass for me.

Gl

I'm impressed by how many ppl is so confident on Holloway??

How can you guys simply ignore Holloway health issues and mind state?

At those levels factors like that are literally game changing.

This fight is a pass for me.

Gl
How can you guys ignore the deep chasm in striking skill and gameplanning between the two?

Man it seems we are 50/50 on the main event. what a great matchup, can't wait to know who's the better fighter. already on ortega, wanna bet the sub line and over.

I just saw the tapes of Eryk Anders and Theodorou

my initial impression were wrong. I thought Theodorou would take this easy but I don't think so. The first fight I saw of Anders was with Thiago at LHW. At LHW, Theodorou looked like a can, however, at middleweight, this guy was just as durable and faster. He also has some power in his punch unlike pillow fist Theodorou. (btw..is it me or does he look like Fabio?)

here are my assessments
Theodorou
+good at scramble
+point fighter
+counter
+strong
+quick recovery
+strong footwork
+best hair in MMA
+high volume striker
+good escape
-semi-pillow hands
-poor-mediocre grappling
-no power in strikes

Anders
+always pressure
+super durable
+some power in hands
+opportunistic
-poor footwork
-poor submission skills

All in all, I think its around 55% for Theodorou and 45% for Anders.
Most possible outcome
Theodorou wins by dec. or Anders by lucky KO

please feel free to disagree!

I just saw the tapes of Eryk Anders and Theodorou

my initial impression were wrong. I thought Theodorou would take this easy but I don't think so. The first fight I saw of Anders was with Thiago at LHW. At LHW, Theodorou looked like a can, however, at middleweight, this guy was just as durable and faster. He also has some power in his punch unlike pillow fist Theodorou. (btw..is it me or does he look like Fabio?)

here are my assessments
Theodorou
+good at scramble
+point fighter
+counter
+strong
+quick recovery
+strong footwork
+best hair in MMA
+high volume striker
+good escape
-semi-pillow hands
-poor-mediocre grappling
-no power in strikes

Anders
+always pressure
+super durable
+some power in hands
+opportunistic
-poor footwork
-poor submission skills

All in all, I think its around 55% for Theodorou and 45% for Anders.
Most possible outcome
Theodorou wins by dec. or Anders by lucky KO

please feel free to disagree!
Always pressure? If he always pressured he'd have stomped Machida and Williams

Back