UFC 236 Holloway vs Poirier 2

Interviews: Boston Salmon, Curtis Millender, Belal Muhammad

Interviews: Montel Jackson, Andre Soukhamthath

Interviews: Andre Soukhamthath

Interviews: Randy Costa

I have 4u on Davis at -137 and the line is still way off. Costa is complete shit, technically awful, inexperienced, R1 KO or bust and even thats unlikely. Probably gasses after throwing about twenty high kicks in R1 then gets dominated badly.
Agree with this completely, also got exactly 4u on Davis. Think this line is way off, and one of the best values of the card.

I'm also taking Davis ITD. Probably taking the under once it releases.

Jouban is super aggressive, I believe he's had two Fight of the Night bonuses so far including his last bout against Saunders where he was hit a lot by a very depleted and chinny fighter. He's TOO aggressive, too his own detriment. Gets hit way, way too much. I believe Grant was fighting bigger guys earlier in his career, and he still has several highlight reel legitimate one punch KO's on his record. He's not high output, but he's precise and hard hitting, a dangerous combination.

I've already said it but Nelson effectively badly hurt and nearly stopped Jouban standing before grabbing the neck and finishing that way. Jouban literally did that "My brains are scrambled" dance where your legs go wild and everything. Not a good reaction to be having against a guy who's only a decent striker with a handful of TKO's... Then in his next fight the defensively porous but hard hitting Niko Price takes him out in one round with a big right hand. Back to back fights where his defense wasn't up to snuff and he was put into la la land by a so-so striker and then next one of the hardest hitting guys in the division. He just gets hit too easily, even Saunder's landed a ton before getting bodied.

Honestly, I've never thought Jouban was that good. This goes back to watching him on RFA when he was lost to Rhodes and barely beating Legere. I was honestly surprised that he's had such a long run in the UFC. The problem here is Grant can be so damn tentative. If Jouban is aggressive, I think he gets sparked. I'm just not sure that I can trust Jouban to be aggressive here. When he fought someone like Perry, he didn't go that route. I'm wondering if he does the same here.

I will 100 % be on Adesanya here but I feel like the line is going to improve even more. I've read an incredible amount of dumb shit about him in various places lately, I think there could be more anti-hype money coming in closer to fight night. Am I being greedy here?

I will 100 % be on Adesanya here but I feel like the line is going to improve even more. I've read an incredible amount of dumb shit about him in various places lately, I think there could be more anti-hype money coming in closer to fight night. Am I being greedy here?

I don't think so, almost everyone in here seems to be on Kelvin for some unknown reason, I'm sure the odds in Isreal will continue to improve

I don't think so, almost everyone in here seems to be on Kelvin for some unknown reason, I'm sure the odds in Isreal will continue to improve

Because he hits like a fucking truck and if he is somehow able to get Israel down it could be all over. I was originally on Gastelum but there's a reason Adesanya isn't a huge favorite like he usually is.

Because he hits like a fucking truck and if he is somehow able to get Israel down it could be all over. I was originally on Gastelum but there's a reason Adesanya isn't a huge favorite like he usually is.

When was the last time Kelvin took someone down or actively looked for a take down? When was his wrestling good, back on the Ultimate Fighter?

I get it, but I think people are hunting for value, they want a good value dog to out money in but not looking at the actual style match up.

Is Holloway by KO at +115 even worth betting at this point? Shit, Gastelum's KO line is way more juicy in my opinion.

Zelim Imadaev is a prospect to look out for

This guy is serious, don't be surprised when he destroys Max Griffin

When you guys watch tape, which fights do you watch on each fighter? Do you pick and choose or do like the last 5 fights or so? Any input is appreciated.

Rethinking the stances on Griffin/Zelim, Davis/Costa. It's kinda difficult to say you have an edge on a side here imo because of the proven UFC guy vs the debutant who's been can crushing. Haven't seen the skills at a high level yet so the benchmark hasn't really been set. Sometimes you think you have an edge you really dont have and the debutant will come in oversold (Mazo) or undersold (Kattar, Naurdiev). Best to stay away from these fights imo.

I like this Jalin Turner

Huge frame for 155, athletic, dangerous striker with a big arsenal. Was impressed with what he did to Potter, that combo he finished him was no joke. Even against Luque he was holding his own before getting caught.

Then you go look at Jalin Turner's record and he's taken some concerning L's in his career and never won a fight outside the 1st round. I really wanna back Turner as a prospect because I do see some serious talent. In terms of potential, Turner has way more than Frevola but that doesn't mean he'll win, what happens if those goes to a 2nd round, I'd be worried for Turner

I like this Jalin Turner

Huge frame for 155, athletic, dangerous striker with a big arsenal. Was impressed with what he did to Potter, that combo he finished him was no joke. Even against Luque he was holding his own before getting caught.

Then you go look at Jalin Turner's record and he's taken some concerning L's in his career and never won a fight outside the 1st round. I really wanna back Turner as a prospect because I do see some serious talent. In terms of potential, Turner has way more than Frevola but that doesn't mean he'll win, what happens if those goes to a 2nd round, I'd be worried for Turner

His striking is deadly, uses his long frame well. That said, his grappling is a major concern and Frevola has shown the ability to wrestle, even if he seems to prefer to bang. Turner's line keeps coming down though, probably going to dig into this one as it seems worth a play at the current line.

Izzy hit -145 for a hot second on Bookmaker, upped to 5u with an avg price of -155. Kelvin wrestling is a concern, but Izzy has shown major strides in his distance management, tdd, and get ups. The more I look into it I just see Kelvin struggling mightly to close distance and land his 1-2. Izzy's range weapons are vast and extremely effective. Even if Kelvin shoots it likely ends up in the clinch where Izzy is very solid. Tough matchup for Kelvin and a very favorable one for Izzy IMO.

Omg Jouban is horrific. I didn’t remember any of his fights and watched them again... wtf

He gets hurt by every shot and the openings he leaves after throwing a leg kick are enormous. Grant is orthodox and has long ass arms. He will get hit with a bomb at some time and I don’t see it continuing afterwards. People overrate Jouban‘s striking so much and act like Grant is a bum smh. Ben Saunders had way too much success in their fight. Grant had a shitty performance vs Ottow but after that KO last time, I think he will open up more.

Good counter striker with long arms and huge power vs a guy who is scared to get hit and leaves openings after kicks (Pedersoli did the same). The right hand of Grant can land easier, too because Jouban is a southpaw.

Jouban has been ko‘d and hurt a few times now. 14 months lay off after a serious injury + a career outside of fighting. I’m always cautious when a fighter goes Hollywood outside (Cyborg, Woodley recently). Grant is still in the "I need to fight to get this money" phase even though he is not much younger but he is for sure hungrier. To me he is definitely the value side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back