Media UFC 236 may have come in under 100k buys.

I ordered it and watched it, and holy shit, it was a pain up to the last minute. It was even worse because I was at someone's home and we had to sync everything, download apps, etc. No fun.

Very predictable given the move to the new platform. Many people probably don't even have the necessary setup to do streaming much less want to pay for ESPN+. Then you had the issues with ordering. This one was destined for failure regardless of who was on it.

Conor would never fight again unless they amend the current structure just for him. He would never fight for no points on ppv.. also likely why brock passed as well.

Yeah... i gave the card a miss too

Solid fights but not worthy of staying up till 6am

I actually tried to order the PPV but get an error several times.

It's amazing that the pay per view model held up this long given that most are looking to cut cable, the ones that have cable already pay out the ass and don't want to drop another 60, and it's really available for free.

Now, not only do you have to pay to pay....you have to be tech savvy? Really fkn dumb. As the bars stop showing events people will lose interest all together.

ESPN should have looked to build viewership early and for free instead of milking the loyal audience for a few bucks more.

Seriously, fans fascination with PPV buys and what these athletes are making financial wise is weirdest fucking kink I've seen, specially from newer fans.

UFC were having problems with the whole ESPN/PPV ordering situation, but fans will turn it around to show that these fighters arnt stars or are shitty because of how many PPV is bought.

Didn't Meltzer report that Brock asked for a lump sum because there is a paywall behind PPVs now, thus making PPV% less valuable? So yes, ESPN has everything to do with it.

brock was gone make millions brock just picked to not fight or he failed a drug tests since there those new usada rules.

brock fighting makes the ufc money and brock money so it was gone happen until brock got cold feet or vince paid him way more money to do it.

They didn’t make the GSP fight, why? Both fighters wanted it and the fans wanted it. The story comes out that they wouldn’t pay Lesnar, why?

Are you shilling for the UFC, now?

GSP refused to come back until they could match that Under Armor money. Are you clueless? Do you realize how much sponsor money GSP was making in 2014?

They are pinching pennies now, and into the future.

Let me lay it out for you...

They are not bringing in two guys they believe will beat their champs for a mere 500K ppv. Especially when both cards would easily do 1M.

Two guys that will win and retire. Leaving the org looking as bush as a Southern 15 yr old.

gsp didnt lose any sponsors ,like cowboy didnt. gsp retired after ufc 229 not when he did what ever he did in reb.

gsp knew he couldnt beat khabib that why he retired and used social media to play the victim and blame the ufc.

ufc always about putting on money fights and gsp makes money so it was ufc that killed the fight it was gsp that didnt want it.

Didn't Meltzer report that Brock asked for a lump sum because there is a paywall behind PPVs now, thus making PPV% less valuable? So yes, ESPN has everything to do with it.

Yes. I heard the audio. He said it was 100% over money.
Brock wanted a high guarantee because PPV is all screwed up now. Egghead lied and said it was because he retired.
He retired because WME refused to pay him and he can't fight elsewhere.

I have to say that @FrankieNYC called this month's ago. He said Brock and Conor will be the most effected by this.
The egg is a liar.

Yes. I heard the audio. He said it was 100% over money.
Brock wanted a high guarantee because PPV is all screwed up now. Egghead lied and said it was because he retired.
He retired because WME refused to pay him and he can't fight elsewhere.

I have to say that @FrankieNYC called this month's ago. He said Brock and Conor will be the most effected by this.
The egg is a liar.

Conor will still get big money, but now I wonder about brock.
Will they throw $10m at him?
Does ESPN have a say?

It's the end of the world as we know it

No. Most of us just have no interest in yet another bundled service. Try to make me pay for shit I don't want and you get nothing.

Not like it's hard to find ppv streams or torrents.

Be honest when was the last time you paid for a ppv?

Back