UFC 239 - Jones vs Santos

Excuse me sir. What do I know anyway

I guess that’s why rockhold moved up to 205 so he could improve his defense.
Do you not see how there is absolute no logic to what you are saying? People don't just move up in weight to improve their chin and changing weight class won't change their skill set. Which as I fairly clearly explained is the main issue with Rockhold.

Do you not see how there is absolute no logic to what you are saying? People don't just move up in weight to improve their chin and changing weight class won't change their skill set. Which as I fairly clearly explained is the main issue with Rockhold.

Sure they do.

When you cut massive amounts of weight your chin is going to be compromised. We’ve seen it plenty of times.

Pillow hands bisping knocking him out cold? Getting hurt by David branch? Yea maybe you shouldn’t be cutting 45 lbs. time to move up

I’m not arguing whether he’s defensively flawed, I’m saying his ability to take a shot is compromised at 185

Keep digging.
Nunes isn't nearly as technical as Holly. The closest fighter to Holly that she has faced was an undersized Valentina, a fight that she barely won.
True, however, I'm not sure it's fair to discount the Valentina win for Nunes so easily. Shev (in my opinion) is a more technical fighter than Holly in every aspect and Amanda proved she can shut down most of the game of a counter fighter over 5 rounds.
I don't think the cardio aspect is overblown. If Holly circles around her and makes Amanda cut off the cage and chase her, she WILL slow down.

Not to mention this weight cut is going to be brutal for Amanda. She fought most recently at 145, and after the fight she said herself she went on a bender for a week after.
I do. In multiple interviews leading up to the...2nd valentina fight I think or maybe the Pennington fight idk, Amanda had been stating she was getting surgery to fix her chronic sinusitis. That's why you often saw her going into the cage with a breathe strip on her nose. It's hard as fuck to breathe with sinusitis, hard to sleep, hard to get oxygen to your muscles. She was a tremendous hammer against Rocky in that fight and hardly looked tired laying a beating down for 4 something rounds. I think her conditioning has massively improved.

As for the weight cut, you know Holly's last fight was 145 as well right? I think Holly is quite a bit leaner than Amanda as well so they will probably be on equal terms as far as weight cutting goes accounting for Holly's age too. She's 37 and taken a fair amount of damage for a female fighter. Rocked a few times in her last 5 fights (GDR and Anderson I believe) brutally ko'd in boxing, etc.

I think turbo has a style that could give yadong problems. Song gassed in rd 3 vs morales and instead of fighting at range got into a brawl.

Perez should be able to pressure him better and put him against the fence. He needs to make it an ugly fight and if he can put yadong down he may be able to keep him there

Perez also throws a lot of leg kicks which yadong should be susceptible to with his stance

Keep digging.

True, however, I'm not sure it's fair to discount the Valentina win for Nunes so easily. Shev (in my opinion) is a more technical fighter than Holly in every aspect and Amanda proved she can shut down most of the game of a counter fighter over 5 rounds.

I do. In multiple interviews leading up to the...2nd valentina fight I think or maybe the Pennington fight idk, Amanda had been stating she was getting surgery to fix her chronic sinusitis. That's why you often saw her going into the cage with a breathe strip on her nose. It's hard as fuck to breathe with sinusitis, hard to sleep, hard to get oxygen to your muscles. She was a tremendous hammer against Rocky in that fight and hardly looked tired laying a beating down for 4 something rounds. I think her conditioning has massively improved.

As for the weight cut, you know Holly's last fight was 145 as well right? I think Holly is quite a bit leaner than Amanda as well so they will probably be on equal terms as far as weight cutting goes accounting for Holly's age too. She's 37 and taken a fair amount of damage for a female fighter. Rocked a few times in her last 5 fights (GDR and Anderson I believe) brutally ko'd in boxing, etc.

Thank you. Now i don‘t have to explain why Holm is overrated as fuck and outmatched everywhere against the GOAT lol.

Watching Perez vs morales and missing Brian Stann

He was easily the best commentator I’ve heard

masvidal's tdd is pretty top notch. His low output at the end of fights shouldnt hurt him here as askren stand up should cause him no troubles at all. Askren looks old to me. (I know Jorge is like 35). When he first was champ in bellator he may could've been champion in the ufc. But i think that window is now closed. Ithink masvidal gets taken down some but gets up and makes him pay. Would not be surprised to see him gassed and finished late.

Watching Perez vs morales and missing Brian Stann

He was easily the best commentator I’ve heard
Always thought Stann had very little flavor. Kind of boring actually.

Always thought Stann had very little flavor. Kind of boring actually.
I personally thought that Brian Stann was one of the best color commentators the UFC ever had. The research he put into fight week was incredible obviously speaking at length with many of the fighters and coaches and providing information and anecdotes during the broadcast.

I personally thought that Brian Stann was one of the best color commentators the UFC ever had. The research he put into fight week was incredible obviously speaking at length with many of the fighters and coaches and providing information and anecdotes during the broadcast.

Surprisingly, I agree.

Stann is head and shoulders ahead of Hardy, Felder, and Bisping, all of whom do minimal research judging by their fighter commentary, fall too into narratives too easily (and will then cling to the narrative regardless of what is actually occurring in the fight), and the latter of whom is literally blind.

Masvidal will murk the funk

His wrestling is majorly underrated

I still think Valentina beat Nunes in the rematch.

That said, I seriously don't see what Holly has for Nunes. She doesn't have the distance control or variety to her striking that Valentina has. She's not the grappler Nunes is (though Holly has improved her grappling). And even if Nunes still had issues with her gas tank (and she may not), Holly doesn't have the style to tax it enough for it to matter imo.

It's Nunes fight to lose.

I think Holly takes this.

She's not going to go in there with an idiotic gameplan like Cyborg.

It'll look a lot like Holly's fight with Miesha, but Nunes wont have the cardio to pull off a late sub like Miesha did.

I like HH and was high on her (obv) following that win over Honda. However, since that big win she has consistently disappointed me. She lets close fights slip between her fingers and also seems to struggle mentally. I want HH to win as a fan but Nunes has everything in her favour from my perspective.

Yeah I really liked Stann. He was confident and didnt make mistakes. I feel like these new crews lack that confidence and often get all awkward when they make mistakes.
Good commentating should just blend in. I also miss the good ol days with Rogan and Goldie.

Stann was the best commentator UFC had. For all Goldies quirks I think he's missed currently too

Whatever they do, please get rid of Cruz! Insufferable

Who else is likes Perez? I got him at +187, which seems crazy against a young and relatively unproven fighter like Song. I only put 0.6U as, tbh, I think Song has a PTV using his wrestling and BJJ if his striking does not match up well with Perez, but the line is way too wide imo. Who else is betting on Perez? Disconcertingly I seem to be on my own on giving Jan a decent chance against Rockhold, but what about this fight? I taped a bit, and Perez is an animal, the level of opposition for Song up to now has been pretty weak. The line has got to have a lot of hype in it.

The chalk continues

Back