UFC 257: McGregor vs. Poirier 2

lol well its just me calling him more of a quitter. i dont agree that getting your ass kicked left to right = showing heart and resilience though. Frankie Edgar's last fight showed heart and resilience or Overeem when he fought Walt imo. I do think Hooker beats Chandler though.

I would go rewatch that fight. Hooker's body just gave out on him. There comes a point where your brain might say to keep fighting but your body just says "fuck you, I'm done". Hooker took an ABSURD amount of punishment in that fight.

If you want to criticize Hooker, it would be that he clearly slows down about 12-13 minutes into high paced fights. He did vs both Felder and Dustin. But saying he "quit" vs Edson...if you mean his body just quit then yeah. Otherwise...no.

I would go rewatch that fight. Hooker's body just gave out on him. There comes a point where your brain might say to keep fighting but your body just says "fuck you, I'm done". Hooker took an ABSURD amount of punishment in that fight.

If you want to criticize Hooker, it would be that he clearly slows down about 12-13 minutes into high paced fights. He did vs both Felder and Dustin. But saying he "quit" vs Edson...if you mean his body just quit then yeah. Otherwise...no.
i posted both videos because i did rewatch the fight.. but hey, not everyone here is gona agree on the same thing. otherwise we'd all be making accurate picks in the bet forum.

my take is that he took a shit beating and realized he couldnt take anymore once he felt the last shot, he still had the wherewithal to put both hands down as he went down to the mat. If his body did indeed say "fuck you" then it did with enough kindness to allow him to use his arms like that. whereas jeremy took a legit liver shot that shut his body down but he refused to stop fighting.

but lets move on

Hooker + Conor ITD parlay for this event. I don't see Chandler being able to overcome the height/reach advantage + UFC debut. This reminds me of when Eddie came over and it was a totally different world. gona add Condit as well.

Last edited:
lol well its just me calling him more of a quitter. i dont agree that getting your ass kicked left to right = showing heart and resilience though. Frankie Edgar's last fight showed heart and resilience or Overeem when he fought Walt imo. I do think Hooker beats Chandler though.

That earns you an ignore.

i posted both videos because i did rewatch the fight.. but hey, not everyone here is gona agree on the same thing. otherwise we'd all be making accurate picks in the bet forum.

my take is that he took a shit beating and realized he couldnt take anymore once he felt the last shot, he still had the wherewithal to put both hands down as he went down to the mat. If his body did indeed say "fuck you" then it did with enough kindness to allow him to use his arms like that. whereas jeremy took a legit liver shot that shut his body down but he refused to stop fighting.

but lets move on

Hooker + Conor ITD parlay for this event. I don't see Chandler being able to overcome the height/reach advantage + UFC debut. This reminds me of when Eddie came over and it was a totally different world. gona add Condit as well.

It's probably splitting hairs. After that much punishment, it's often "autopilot" time. You start shutting down and fold and yeah you may not just collapse in a heap but for the most part your body won't respond to what you're telling it to do.

I like your bet though. I think keeping an eye on live betting Dustin if he survives 2 rounds is the hedge. I agree that Hooker likely handles Chandler. The only hesitation would be how much damage Hooker has taken over his last few fights. But he's still relatively young so not a huge concern.

Here are some picks i'm looking at for this weekend. Curious on what everyones thoughts are on these.

Makhmud Muradov -1.73
Antonio Carlos Jnr +2.17 Sub line
Arman Tsarukyan -1.37
Amanda Ribas -1.27 sub line
Ottman Azaitar -1.58 Ko line
Dan Hooker -1.73 Ko Line +3.30
Connor Mcgregor -1.33 First round KO line +2.80

I see potential in these for various reasons but mainly because i think their styles match well with their opponents and they have some clear Paths to victory. What are your thoughts on these picks?

Here are some picks i'm looking at for this weekend. Curious on what everyones thoughts are on these.

Makhmud Muradov -1.73
Arman Tsarukyan -1.37

I see potential in these for various reasons but mainly because i think their styles match well with their opponents and they have some clear Paths to victory. What are your thoughts on these picks?
I like Amanda Ribas, but I would never pick her to Sub Marina, who has never been subbed in her career. If Amanda couldn't sub Randa Markos, I wouldn't put money on her doing it to Marina. Amanda did sub Paige and Emily Whitmire in the UFC, but they pale in comparison to Marina. I usually bet on all WMMA but betting on Amanda was too expensive for my blood. Best of luck.

What the fuck happened to this thread.

I skimmed through it.

Hooker has insane heart. The fight against Barboza should've been stopped numerous times.

I didn't even bet on it, but I remember literally yelling at my friend's TV, "STOP THE FUCKING FIGHT" numerous times.

Hooker has been in some absolute wars. The Barboza fight wasn't that long ago, and since then he's had absolute wars with Felder(which I think Felder was robbed in, but it is what it is), and most recently had a war with Dustin.

So he's taken some serious damage over the tenure of 2 and a half years.

This goes into my prediction. I bet Chandler a week or so ago at +136, and I think he's the play.

Chandler has great boxing, great power, good fight IQ, and a MUCH better ground game than Hooker. He has a good chin too, he's been rocked plenty of times, but always seems to maintain his composure and come back and win(with a few exceptions).

I think he'll stand with Hooker for a minute or two, and then shoot for a takedown and get it without much problem. The possibility of him eating a knee, uppercut, or an elbow on the way in is a possibility, but once he gets him down, Hooker will not be able to get up.

Hooker has a DECENT top game, but is shit off of his back, and I see Chandler either grinding him out en route to a UD or stopping him via submission/ground and pound in round 2.

This isn't the UFC bringing in a Bellator lad to feed to the wolves. Hooker is a tough out for anyone, but Chandler shouldn't have too much problem with him.

Other top 5 LW's Chandler will struggle against. I think if Chandler wins impressively, and Conor wins, they set up Conor vs Chandler, and Khabib will come back and fight the winner.

Screenshot_2021-01-19-03-28-58.png

Any thoughts on these odds and how the fight will go? Lentz is a veteran and Evloev is a litte green. Odds seem off.

View attachment 826965

Any thoughts on these odds and how the fight will go? Lentz is a veteran and Evloev is a litte green. Odds seem off.

I genuinely am thinking Evloev might be worth playing at -450. I don't see Lentz's path to victory. Lentz is an aging vet slowly falling off and Evloev is one of the most promising FW prospects who probably beats Lentz everywhere. Not sure what props to bet there but it should be pretty one-sided imo.

I genuinely am thinking Evloev might be worth playing at -450. I don't see Lentz's path to victory. Lentz is an aging vet slowly falling off and Evloev is one of the most promising FW prospects who probably beats Lentz everywhere. Not sure what props to bet there but it should be pretty one-sided imo.

Ok great thanks! Maybe ill parlay it with Chiesa not winning a decision for 1.49.

How about 2.75 on not going the distance? I dont know either fighter well but the difference in experience makes me wonder.

Neither are huge finishers and Lentz despite getting older now is a durable guy - I'd probably sooner player the o2.5 at 1.36 than Evloev at 1.23. you can get Evloev Dec at around 1.75 too which is probably about right.

I don't usually like playing big favourites straight up when their main path to victory is a decision (unless it's prime GSP and even then I used to mostly prop bet).

What the fuck happened to this thread.

I skimmed through it.

Hooker has insane heart. The fight against Barboza should've been stopped numerous times.

I didn't even bet on it, but I remember literally yelling at my friend's TV, "STOP THE FUCKING FIGHT" numerous times.

Hooker has been in some absolute wars. The Barboza fight wasn't that long ago, and since then he's had absolute wars with Felder(which I think Felder was robbed in, but it is what it is), and most recently had a war with Dustin.

So he's taken some serious damage over the tenure of 2 and a half years.

This goes into my prediction. I bet Chandler a week or so ago at +136, and I think he's the play.

Chandler has great boxing, great power, good fight IQ, and a MUCH better ground game than Hooker. He has a good chin too, he's been rocked plenty of times, but always seems to maintain his composure and come back and win(with a few exceptions).

I think he'll stand with Hooker for a minute or two, and then shoot for a takedown and get it without much problem. The possibility of him eating a knee, uppercut, or an elbow on the way in is a possibility, but once he gets him down, Hooker will not be able to get up.

Hooker has a DECENT top game, but is shit off of his back, and I see Chandler either grinding him out en route to a UD or stopping him via submission/ground and pound in round 2.

This isn't the UFC bringing in a Bellator lad to feed to the wolves. Hooker is a tough out for anyone, but Chandler shouldn't have too much problem with him.

Other top 5 LW's Chandler will struggle against. I think if Chandler wins impressively, and Conor wins, they set up Conor vs Chandler, and Khabib will come back and fight the winner.

I think Chandler getting a takedown won't be so easy as you make it seem to be.

Makhmud Muradov -1.73
Arman Tsarukyan -1.37

I have a parlay right now with Ribas ml + azaitar ml + Hooker ml + conor ITD + Chiesa +450 decision (which hit today). the only scary bet to me is the Hooker one. But im hoping his ufc level experience, height + reach and TDD will be enough to beat chandler.

I also don't see a Chandler vs conor match ever happening. thats some wild shit. Conor would just fucking kill him. How many midgets has Conor KOd in total now.

I have a parlay right now with Ribas ml + azaitar ml + Hooker ml + conor ITD + Chiesa +450 decision (which hit today). the only scary bet to me is the Hooker one. But im hoping his ufc level experience, height + reach and TDD will be enough to beat chandler.

I also don't see a Chandler vs conor match ever happening. thats some wild shit. Conor would just fucking kill him. How many midgets has Conor KOd in total now.

Great hit on Chiesa dec, sweet odds. I definitely favored him, thought dog odds were amazing but didn't know if he'd find a sub or win a dec.

Even if Chander beat Hooker (I'm with you, I like Hooker to win that one but not super confident in it) it's hard to see him fighting Conor next. The ONLY way I could see that even being possible is if Conor beats Dustin but somehow it's a lackluster decision win (like let's say his win over Nate in their rematch where he looks really good early but fades and has to run away or something because he's gassed) and Khabib decides to come back but fights Oliveira instead. If Conor didn't want to sit idle (and he's shown he will and he obviously doesn't need the money) then MAYBE he'd take a fight with Chandler believing it to be an easy win? That whole scenario is far fetched but it's the only way I see it happening.

Great hit on Chiesa dec, sweet odds. I definitely favored him, thought dog odds were amazing but didn't know if he'd find a sub or win a dec.

Even if Chander beat Hooker (I'm with you, I like Hooker to win that one but not super confident in it) it's hard to see him fighting Conor next. The ONLY way I could see that even being possible is if Conor beats Dustin but somehow it's a lackluster decision win (like let's say his win over Nate in their rematch where he looks really good early but fades and has to run away or something because he's gassed) and Khabib decides to come back but fights Oliveira instead. If Conor didn't want to sit idle (and he's shown he will and he obviously doesn't need the money) then MAYBE he'd take a fight with Chandler believing it to be an easy win? That whole scenario is far fetched but it's the only way I see it happening.
I was dog shit wrong about magny though. initially bet $98 bucks on and that cost me bigger profits with the chiesa decision bets. I truly thought magny would put on a pace that would cause chiesa to fade despite chiesa being phyiscally thicker. WRONG. I guess at this stage in both their careers, cardio shouldn't be a factor in a 5rd fight if either guy is serious about being in top 5

Do you think Hooker finishes chandler?

UFC 257, Saturday, January 23, 2021

parlay +279

Arman Tsarukyan -275
Conor McGregor -310, 10-2 in UFC since 2013

Amanda Ribas -300
Khalil Rountree -325
Movsar Evloev -485

Some sentences I found:

"Khalil Rountree is a powerful southpaw striker and isn’t the most balanced fighter in terms of skills or athleticism. While he can annihilate any opponent with one shot, his gas tank drains quickly after a flurry of punches. Rountree seems like a fast twitch, explosive fighter that hasn’t worked out how to manage his energy in a way that suits his body type. While dangerous and reasonably technical on the feet (while he’s fresh, at least), Rountree is not a good grappler. I have serious reservations about his takedown defense and especially his ground game. In the third round against Michał Oleksiejczuk, Rountree was visibly exhausted and offering very little off his back.

Arman Tsarukyan is a decorated freestyle wrestler. Tsarukyan shows a level of proficiency far beyond what you’d expect from a young fighter. The young Armenian has good entries into his takedowns, excellent positional awareness on the mat and is also quite fluid on the feet............ He’s an excellent wrestler, has perfect timing on his shots, and if he doesn’t get it the first time, he will adjust and get the takedown. His chain wrestling is perfect and his grappling is just as good. He transitions very well and can land active ground-and-pound from a small amount of distance. Tsarukyan is very good at taking the back, especially against the cage and pulling his foes to the mat. On the feet, he’s improved drastically and so has his conditioning. Tsarukyan has some good kicks and does a great job throwing those kicks behind his punches. He will mix it up kicking the leg and go to the head while using the spinning kick to the body, which he often throws. He’s a tough fighter to predict with some flash in his arsenal and some good output. Tsarukyan is a much stronger wrestler/grappler so you won’t see him on his feet too long.

Movsar Evloev. Russian is a fantastic grappler who has dominated his foes for the most part. On the feet, he has a good jab and a nice straight one-two down the middle. At times he can leave his chin in the air and leave himself exposed in exchanges. Evloev still needs to put it together on the feet but has the skill to close the distance and work his takedowns. He can get single legs and double legs but what he specializes in is just working to the back and getting it down from there. The Russian is glue-like on the mat giving his opposition no room. With four rear-naked chokes, that stems with the ability to take the back so effortlessly. Him finding submissions isn’t the only problem for opponents because Evloev has active ground-and-pound forcing his foes to give up better positions.

Amanda Ribas: Age 27. Has won 5 straight and has a funny witch laugh that's kind of adorable. She’s athletic with a well-rounded skill set. When you compare her UFC footage to her regional footage from a few years ago, one of the most obvious improvements is her striking. The Brazilian has good footwork, throws clean combinations, has smooth upper body movement and slick pull-back counters. You can tell she’s working on boxing. Ribas is also a black belt in judo and jiu-jitsu. Her take downs primarily involve trips in the clinch and dreaded head and arm throws"

Conor McGregor: See my signature lol

Like this post if it's any good

Last edited:
I was dog shit wrong about magny though. initially bet $98 bucks on and that cost me bigger profits with the chiesa decision bets. I truly thought magny would put on a pace that would cause chiesa to fade despite chiesa being phyiscally thicker. WRONG. I guess at this stage in both their careers, cardio shouldn't be a factor in a 5rd fight if either guy is serious about being in top 5

Do you think Hooker finishes chandler?

No. I think it's more likely he wins a decision. It's hard to say with real confidence though because Chandler can get reckless. I think if we assume Hooker wins it's like 60/40 dec vs finish.

Think marina has a shot here. Odds are pretty wide. Bettors assuming she gets taken down and controlled 2 out of 3 rounds

leaning pena and eye. Would like a bit better odds though

Back