UFC 270 PBP/Discussion

Since when are knockdowns not round defining in this sport? (unless they get both get knocked down ofcourse).

They matter, but "damage" is the primary defining round winner. A flash knockdown where the guy instantly pops back up and then lands his own shots that wobble the opponent isn't an exchange where the guy who scores the knockdown automatically wins. There's subjectivity to it. I absolutely wouldn't argue Moreno was the clear rd winner, but nor do I think it's reasonable to argue that Fig was either.

gane is my favorite hw, riding with him since his ufc debut and not stopping now. him winning belt is more important than winning my props on him, win by any means necessary. fight is too stressful for me to enjoy though due to the nature of ngannu and his power.
Im on Gane Decision as well, gonna be buckets of sweat spent, or just 10 seconds of it lol.

They matter, but "damage" is the primary defining round winner. A flash knockdown where the guy instantly pops back up and then lands his own shots that wobble the opponent isn't an exchange where the guy who scores the knockdown automatically wins. There's subjectivity to it. I absolutely wouldn't argue Moreno was the clear rd winner, but nor do I think it's reasonable to argue that Fig was either.
Fair enough I kinda see your point there.

2a64e59c0b8aa2ba0aada7f2923b47ed.gif

Fair enough I kinda see your point there.

I really do try to be as objective as possible. That was a damn close fight. I lost money, and I did score for Moreno. BUT, no way do I think it was a robbery and I absolutely think there's a case to be made for Fig. Basically it was a coin toss imo. One of those fights where nobody should really complain because judging it was very tough and there were multiple extremely close rounds.

It's always annoyed me that Buffer still says 'undisputed' when it's a match of champ vs interim-champ

LOL everytime Ngannou throws it's like "Is this the one that takes his head off?"

Close rd 1, but Ngannou maybe already looking tired. Yikes.

Back