UFC 271: Adesanya vs Whittaker 2 - Feb 12

I like Rob at +200 more than I should. It's just so rare to get a fighter as good as Whittaker at +200 odds I think I need to throw 50 or a hundred at it.

Anyone have any sort of training clips about him? I know New Zealand is fucky with covid. Want to make sure he's not just rolling in his garage with a couple of buds. And that he's showing signs of coming in with a smart gameplan not just trying to do his thing he feels best at and thinking he'll beat Izzy man vs man.
Didn’t Rob get wobbled by Jared? Why do I remember his performance being soso?

i feel like Jared would have won a 5 round fight here, Adesanya is Jared Canannier 5.0 , he is going to smash that lead leg and wobble robert far worse

Last edited:

i feel like Jared would have won a 5 round fight here, Adesanya is Jared Canannier 5.0 , he is going to smash that lead leg and wobble robert far worse

Good post. I’ll give their fight a rewatch. Thanks. Both fighting on that card as well

I mean, it happened right after Rob nearly finished Jared, so I chalk that up to getting careless after smelling blood in the last round of a fight. Other than that, I don't really recall Jared having many moments due to Rob breaking his arm early. I came away from the fight thinking it was very clear that Jared was just not at the level of Israel and Rob, which is not an insult to him given just how good those two are.

Having said that, Robert is not winning a striking match with Adesanya, he either manages to mix his wrestling in successfully or he'll fight a losing fight.

I mean, it happened right after Rob nearly finished Jared, so I chalk that up to getting careless after smelling blood in the last round of a fight. Other than that, I don't really recall Jared having many moments due to Rob breaking his arm early. I came away from the fight thinking it was very clear that Jared was just not at the level of Israel and Rob, which is not an insult to him given just how good those two are.

Having said that, Robert is not winning a striking match with Adesanya, he either manages to mix his wrestling in successfully or he'll fight a losing fight.
In the last part he got wobbled, and looked happy that the fight was over, i think there was a 50/50 chance jared was going to starch him in a 5 rounder. And his leg was getting chewed up. Watching him get tapped hard by a lead hook gave me flash back to Izzy’s . Cannonier was fighting with a broken arm and still wobbling him should be a sign of concern. Imo Robert doesn’t pass the test for me , izzy has already dealt with a better grappler in Vettori, he answered all the concerns about his grappling defense and scrambles. Robert hasn’t answered rather he knows how to deal with lead leg kick defense. At this juncture if you’re looking at this as a trial lawyer, what evidence do you have that Robert is going to have anymore success than vettori’s grappling? how is he going to outstrike izzy who is the best defensive striker in the game and yet getting hit often by a weaker version of izzy ?

Last edited:
I like Rob at +200 more than I should. It's just so rare to get a fighter as good as Whittaker at +200 odds I think I need to throw 50 or a hundred at it.

Anyone have any sort of training clips about him? I know New Zealand is fucky with covid. Want to make sure he's not just rolling in his garage with a couple of buds. And that he's showing signs of coming in with a smart gameplan not just trying to do his thing he feels best at and thinking he'll beat Izzy man vs man.
I think the odds are fair, Izzy is a bad matchup for Bobby. But like you said, Rob is a world class fighter and the clear number 2 in the division. A small stab at Rob wouldn't be a bad bet.

Moicano only loses to top guys. Hernandez is nowhere near the level of Aldo, Zombie, Fiziev. Moicano was beating Ortega before Ortega pulled some sneaky shit. Plus outstriking Kattar is extremely impressive. Sure he's chinny but 2 of the ko losses were when he was killing himself for 145 and then one of the most brutal combos by Fiziev. Gonna go pretty big on Moicano, think he'll dominate.

Moicano only loses to top guys. Hernandez is nowhere near the level of Aldo, Zombie, Fiziev. Moicano was beating Ortega before Ortega pulled some sneaky shit. Plus outstriking Kattar is extremely impressive. Sure he's chinny but 2 of the ko losses were when he was killing himself for 145 and then one of the most brutal combos by Fiziev. Gonna go pretty big on Moicano, think he'll dominate.

Define dominate. Submission? Decision? He doesn't hit hard enough to TKO Hernandez.. Moicano is washed.

Define dominate. Submission? Decision? He doesn't hit hard enough to TKO Hernandez.. Moicano is washed.
Sub or Decision. Maybe ground and pound finish. He's lightyears better on the ground and trains with killers frequently. Apart from Fiziev who is world class and the best striker in the division (was looking good before ko clipping him with good shots), he's looked amazing at 155. Great boxing too. Out struck Kattar 3-1 and Ortega 2-1. Hernandez isn't special and not a fighter to beat Moicano. Levels to this and Moicano gonna show it.

Sub or Decision. Maybe ground and pound finish. He's lightyears better on the ground and trains with killers frequently. Apart from Fiziev who is world class and the best striker in the division (was looking good before ko clipping him with good shots), he's looked amazing at 155. Great boxing too. Out struck Kattar 3-1 and Ortega 2-1. Hernandez isn't special and not a fighter to beat Moicano. Levels to this and Moicano gonna show it.

You're talking about fights that happened 3+ years ago. I'm talking about Moicano now. Hernandez isn't special agreed but at + money he's a pretty good sized bet for me. Levels to this is lol. The only level Moicano is going to is the 2nd level of the arena when Hernandez knocks his head off.

What is the narrative onto why currently Kyler Phillips is so high in the odd markers?
Kyler Phillips +350
This high even after he lost Paiva?

What is the narrative onto why currently Kyler Phillips is so high in the odd markers?
Kyler Phillips +350
This high even after he lost Paiva?
caught my attention as well. he should be favored but +350 is nutty. rojo is solid, and coming with a full camp with moreno(?) i think it could be a good lb opportunity maybe? kyler's herky jerky style is taxing

This blood diamond guy getting thrown to the wolves here cause he’s Izzy’s buddy

havent found any of his mma fights but in his kickboxing fights his defense is porous. Keeps his hands extremely low. Probably not good when fighting a tank like wells

stil trying to figure out whether the line is wide on Silva vs morozov. Big experience gap. Silva has power but dunno if he can keep morozov off of him. Morozov probably cruises with his grappling to a decision here

like knight at +150 and will be looking to live bet cherant if he can survive against gassy ulberg, who I would expect to pace himself in this fight

taking a shot at Roxy at nearly +300

Last edited:
I'll root for Casey but can't blame anyone for taking Roxxy since she always fires herself up when fighting the more marketable fighters. Or at least the ones the ones ufc really wants to win.

This blood diamond guy getting thrown to the wolves here cause he’s Izzy’s buddy

havent found any of his mma fights but in his kickboxing fights his defense is porous. Keeps his hands extremely low. Probably not good when fighting a tank like wells

stil trying to figure out whether the line is wide on Silva vs morozov. Big experience gap. Silva has power but dunno if he can keep morozov off of him. Morozov probably cruises with his grappling to a decision here

like knight at +150 and will be looking to live bet cherant if he can survive against gassy ulberg, who I would expect to pace himself in this fight

taking a shot at Roxy at nearly +300
a lil surprised Roxy is such a big dog here, I would think she's the better grappler here, and crazy enough, probably better on the feet lol..she could derail another hype train here

I'll need to check the footage myself, but it's not like Wells doesn't leave himself open whenever he swings, so I could see a KB vet catching him early.

Under 2.5 might be good there.

Back