UFC 272 looks bad... like really, REALLY bad

Works great as a tongue twister at a booze filled party. So many unpronounceable names.

Honestly without the mainevent it's a great fight night. With Masvidal vs Covington it's a huge main event away from being a quality ppv.

WelcoME to the wme era! Colby Mas will sell on it's own, so they water the card down. Zuffa used to jack up stars like Brock or Conor's cards, make the best possible product, but now wme makes them as weak as humanly possible.

Don't blame this on wme. Zuffa had to scrap a card because the main event fell through. The rest of card was so shit they placed blame on jones

Masvidal showed really good TDD in a short notice fight against Usman. We've seen Colby struggle to get guys down (RDA) and we've seen him struggle with his gas tank.

I kinda favour Colby still, but not nearly as much as most on here. Masvidal is excellent at losing really competitive decisions, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what we're in store for here.

Rest of the card looks decent to me. Any chance to see Greg Hardy KO'd excites me. That crazy Agapova and the Ukranian chick is interesting, lots of crazy going on there. Barbosa vs Mitchell and Oliveira vs Holland floats my boat.

Not stacked by any means, but it's a decent card. For the amount of money they charge it may be a little lacking, but very very few cards at all are worth their ridiculous price tags.

Card looks fine to me. If you actually follow the sport and not just headliners, card is ok.
That's the same bullshit people here say when someone says it's a weak card. Let's be honest man, I follow the sport a lot, but this is a weak card!

Look at the March 12th fight night, which looks better:
20220206_230848.jpg

It looks ok. 2021 really spoiled us though so almost everything is going to be underwhelming compared to it.

UFC 272 is less than a month away and will be headlined by Colby vs. Jorge (which lets be honest isn't a competitive matchup).

Here is how the rest of the card looks:
image.png

I like Marina vs. Xiaonan and Holland vs. Oliveira will be fun fights.
But the rest of the card is atrocious... Can't believe baldy is gonna charge people $75 for this atrocious card. This is straight up awful.

How would you rank this card on a scale of 1-10? I give it a 2/10

Do you have empirical data of the picks you made and the proportions of ones you got right and wrong? If not then stfu talking about the main event being a wash. You know fuck all.

It’s a good card with a great main event that will do incredible business.

Looking at this, and some of the hardcore responses. I realize WME era slowly turned me into a casual. Oh well. It's better for business so I can't complain why they do it. I'll catch a couple of the fights after I get back from my saturday night.

Don't blame this on wme. Zuffa had to scrap a card because the main event fell through. The rest of card was so shit they placed blame on jones
Yah, Zuffa had the integrity to scrap it.....now, wme would still not only put it on, and with local level talent and wmma, but would charge you even more to watch it.

Lol this card is legitimately a fight night tier event

All the A Level Athlete jock sniffers should be engorged at the thought of Hardy fighting

On a serious note, not a 75$ card, but I get it free with my streaming service in India so what do I care

History has proven some cards with no names tend to be barn burners and fighters seem to "go for it" more going for an exciting fight.

Yah, Zuffa had the integrity to scrap it.....now, wme would still not only put it on, and with local level talent and wmma, but would charge you even more to watch it.
Yeah, integrity, sure.
108 - loaded with canceled fights but the show went on.
193 featured main and Co main were wmma
You can pretend all you want, but ufc has a history of crap ppvs being sold on hype of just the main event. As soon as Rousey proved she could carry a card zuffa had no problem with wmma being front and center. This has always been the case and it's not just WME

14-1 vs 17-12
8-1 vs 15-10 (8 fight winning streak vs 3 fight losing streak)

if these fights happened in any other orgs a bunch of ufc shills would be flaming and laughing at those orgs but I don't see any comments from them here?
I sort of see what you're getting at, but context matters in these two fights. Elliot is ranked #12, and Ulanbekov is #15. Eye is ranked #9, Fiorot is #14. The fights makes sense, in that regard. Also, Elliot and Eye are seasoned veterans being challenged by prospects. That's not unusal. Are Elliot and Eye likely to lose? Probably. Are either of them an easy fight?

No.

Listen, good/great cards have name value and there's almost no name value here.

I dont know what people expect. They only have so much name/ talent to spread over so many ppvs and a gazillion contracted fight nights.

I mean " Jorge masvidal " has become a non champion ppv headliner.

"Stacked" ppvs will be placed when they have the opportunity. It's their bread n butter.

Back