UFC 273: Volkanovski vs. Korean Zombie

I think Volkanovaski takes the win on the Main Event.
Khamzat Chimaev smashs burns. I dont hate Burns as a punt for the co event.

To bad about Tucker not appearing on this fight card.
I was going to have him.

I understand where you are coming from and Piera has improved a ton since her debut without question but she still appears to have very poor takedown defense, subpar cardio (though she has begun pacing herself), and atrocious striking defense. Piera definitely has some pop on her shots but her opponents knock her down far more frequently because she doesn't move her head when she throws leaving her open to always be countered.

She has gone from getting taken down every time her opponent shoots to offering up some resistance which is a major step in the right direction but when Hansen gets her flat on her back she is going to be a total fish out of water. Even if Hansen were unable to sub her, which she should be able too, she hasn't shown anything to demonstrate she has the ability to get back to her feet once she opponent has established top control.

Kay is absolutely not a world-beater and Piera's style has proven popular with judges but this looks to be a very straightforward victory for Hansen as soon as the fight hits the canvas unless I am missing something major.

hansen is horrendous - like absolutely terrible …. I think piera smokes her 3-0 easily if not finishes her ….

hansen is horrendous - like absolutely terrible …. I think piera smokes her 3-0 easily if not finishes her ….
Hansen is a solid prospect and is good everywhere and she’s only 22

I’m on Rodriguez but this is a coin flip fight imo

Depends on the props, Vanderaa legit has 0 ground game. This is a pure striker vs grappler matchup. Vanderaa KO or Oleinik SUB.
Under 1.5 is realistically the only thing that should be looked at for that bout, and even then, it could devolve into a slopfest that goes long.

Don't really see why Hanson has moved to dog. Make no mistake, both are terrible but Hanson is terrible and has a ground game, it's an edge

I just heard that Sterling might be out. Can anyone confirm?

Under 2.5 Khamzat/Burns 1.50 is steal. This fight done in first round.

I just heard that Sterling might be out. Can anyone confirm?

April Fools more likely lol

stone-cold.gif

Yeah, I tracked down the link someone sent me and it was already gone.
I think it's safe to say that was an April Fools joke.
Since I'm the fool for passing it on, my apologies Sherbros.

Who here also thinks Sterling upsets Yan? They were both 2-2 had it gone the 5th. I can see Alja changing his pace and winning a close split dec. no way should Yan be a -450 or -500

Who here also thinks Sterling upsets Yan? They were both 2-2 had it gone the 5th. I can see Alja changing his pace and winning a close split dec. no way should Yan be a -450 or -500

To me it felt like Yan was on his way to a finish in the 5th. Similar to the Aldo fight, Yan has this tendency to keep scorecards close but personally I think that's just his style of being patient in the earlier rounds to get his reads.

I like to compare Yan to Silva in terms of their fight IQ, confidence, finishing instincts.

Im feeling a Yan finish and will also play his Rd 4 and rd 5 props.

Yeah, I tracked down the link someone sent me and it was already gone.
I think it's safe to say that was an April Fools joke.
Since I'm the fool for passing it on, my apologies Sherbros.
yeah you don't bullshit with these things even when it's 1st of April

if it was any other day i'd slap ya

Nah Yan was up 29-28 on 2 cards & Sterling up 29-28 on the other, with all momentum going Yan's way. Also he was about a -3000 fav going into round 4 (I remember because I have PTSD from not cashing out my small Yan bet lol <Lmaoo>)

You can definitely make a case for Sterling to perform better than the first time & make some good adjustments, but it's still hard to envision his path to victory. Especially after going 1 for 17 on his takedown attempts and Yan looking like the better grappler.

Back