PBP UFC 280 - Oliveira vs. Makhachev: Official Main Card PBP Discussion: 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The problem is that under the ridiculous scoring system we have, O'Malley has a strong case.

If we had a proper MMA scoring system, and not one invented by an absolute moron (Big John McCarthy), then we wouldn't even be questioning whether or not Yan won.

woulda got the nod if it was petr yanomedov and not just yan. it is known.

Well the octagon is now a crime scene after that robbery

81i1uy9LwKL.jpg

I feel like people just didn't expect Sean to do so well or manage to hurt Yan, so him doing anything better than bad makes people think he's winning. I thought the only clear round was the second, and it was Yan's. There's an argument for either guy winning the first and third rounds, I gave the third to Yan, first to Sean.

people getting shitty about Omalley because of how he looks, the guy has some accurate hands, picked some holes in Yan there.
hes always been legit.

As a Barao fan I'm glad Cody got whooped too because his highlight is the one the UFC showcases now

omalley better not get title shot off that bs... judging is turning into boxing judges who also protect the big names in close fights

Influencer fighters gonna get that special treatment. 30-27 Yan imo, a few decent shots landed by Sean but outside of that it was a beat down imo.

sorry man. I though yan won. So did a lot of people. He had lots of great strikes and top control mixed in. O’Malley landed more sig strikes though. Guess that’s what won it for him.
Thanks mate. It sounds controversial at best, hope they run it back, sounded like a good fight and O’Malley clearly did better than I thought he would have.

The problem is that under the ridiculous scoring system we have, O'Malley has a strong case.

If we had a proper MMA scoring system, and not one invented by an absolute moron (Big John McCarthy), then we wouldn't even be questioning whether or not Yan won.

How? Yan was far more aggressive, controlled him on the ground, landed the more significant strikes.

There's no case for Sean here, this is boxing level corruption.

I don’t think omally had more than 4 significant strikes
Look at the Moutinho fight.Anything Omalley throws is deemed a sig strike. Including when Yan just took jabs to his guard before landing a massive counter on Omalley that wobbled him.

Back