PBP UFC 294 - Makhachev vs. Volkanovski 2 Main Card PBP Discussion: Sat 10/21 at 2PM ET / 11AM PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Excuses what?

I said it was a dumb fight to take on Day One lol.
I love people that just say “excuses” as if there is no possible valid excuse no matter what lmao

He fought a 145er on a weeks notice… had a 7 figure camp…

I don’t get why people are praising him so much for this… I guess people wanna be excited about something

I like and respect the tenacity of alex wanting a fight in Jan. But maybe after getting kicked in the head and pounded out take an extra few months off. Ilia whips heat, and is fast. You don't want to go in there not completely recovered.

That head kick has always been there, in the first fight, Islam threw it, Volk blocked it, but was slightly wobbled, for whatever reason, Islam didn't go back to it. Then Javier probably looked at the footage and said, yeah, let's go a little higher, above the guard, it will still rock his skull like Cro Cop did, landing it high on Wandy's head prior to ruining him forever.

I mean that’s what that means when you’re one dimensional my dude. He’s one dimensional. He wasn’t exposed this fight. He was exposed against Gilbert. And it’s clear he’s still very one dimensional. I’m ready to see him fight a guy his size with some TD defense. The real question is are they drinking monster and if so where’s Prime?

He isn't. We're just gonna have to agree to disagree, and that's okay.

Reactions: Yep
Absolutely. Goddard gave Volk time to try and defend in some way, but he couldn’t. He was donezo.
When he went down you knew it was over

What are you on, dummy?

I can't stand Volk and I'm glad Islam destroyed him. That doesn't make him the LW goat though. Not even close.

I think you need to cope with Islam's lack of top 10 wins and title defenses broski.
Everybody was ducking him clearly, that's why he lacks those fights, its obvious he would have killed any LW in the past apart from Khabib and Motovated Penn.

He would have made guys like Bendo, Alvarez, Conor, etc look like cans like he did with Oliveira.

Excuses what?

I said it was a dumb fight to take on Day One lol.

If he had won it would be a different story. The guy is one of the most elite athletes in the sport. He has also fought Islam before, he saw the opportunity and took it thinking he could win and clearly he is not up to Islam's level and I don't think it would have been any different even with a full camp.

I love people that just say “excuses” as if there is no possible valid excuse no matter what lmao

He fought a 145er on a weeks notice… had a 7 figure camp…

I don’t get why people are praising him so much for this… I guess people wanna be excited about something

Facts.

I didn't get excited seeing it either.

Like this should of been the outcome.

Back