PBP UFC 298: Volkanovski vs. Topuria Main Card PBP Discussion: Sat 2/17 at 10pm ET / 7pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wow. great night of fights. cant believe the volk era is officially over. from looking so fast, to looking like he couldn't move fast enough. what is goin on? the landscape changes again, the wheels of time grinding forward.
Seriously, where were his feints? He always prided himself on overwhelming his opponents with feints and footwork but it just wasn't at the same level. I guess realistically featherweights can be champions til about 34....

Thank you for the threads @Jackonfire. I'll be checking out your post-fight press conference thread to see the DW's announcement on 300.

In about 15 minutes Shillan & Duffy start their live podcast with observations on all the fights starting with the main event, along with your comments.

Fun night of fights. Thanks for all the comments keeping it entertaining. It's always better with the PbP. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. See you around the boards!

Seriously, where were his feints? He always prided himself on overwhelming his opponents with feints and footwork but it just wasn't at the same level. I guess realistically featherweights can be champions til about 34....
he just looked so fast against holloway / KZ, and then just looked so slow here. he might have reached career high peak at the first islam fight. then the following Islam loss was just too much. not enough time to recalibrate. he was doing OK up until getting stopped by Topuria, but definitely did not resemeble the same volk we're used to seeing. wonder what will come from this.

13 of Ilia's 15 wins have been finishes. Josh is lucky to not get finished but he caught a 50-42 beatdown. Conversely, Bryce Mitchell and Ryan Hall were like 25-1 when they fought Ilia and had never been finished until they fought Ilia. With this Volk win now people can't say he hasn't fought anyone good.
Yup..

Ilia backed it up though. Can’t hate

Backed up Volk to the cage and got a flurry of punches catching him with a nasty hook right on the jawline. Almost no one can eat that. It's the situation Volk needed to avoid and it cost him the belt.

Up till that point Volk was kinda winning the fight and munched Ilia's face up a bit. Surprised Volk didn't try to get it to the ground at any point.

he just looked so fast against holloway / KZ, and then just looked so slow here. he might have reached career high peak at the first islam fight. then the following Islam loss was just too much. not enough time to recalibrate. he was doing OK up until getting stopped by Topuria, but definitely did not resemeble the same volk we're used to seeing. wonder what will come from this.
He looked better than ever against Yair though - I think him against Yair and Islam the first time was Volk reaching the absolute pinnacle of his abilities. Then he came off surgery and the couch in the Islam rematch which seems to have cracked his chin. I love the guy and I'm devastated

He looked better than ever against Yair though - I think him against Yair and Islam the first time was Volk reaching the absolute pinnacle of his abilities. Then he came off surgery and the couch in the Islam rematch which seems to have cracked his chin. I love the guy and I'm devastated
Yup..

Is Chael transitioning
not that there’s anything Wrong with that
he needs to ditch those goofy glassses
He needs to ditch those ridiculous glasses and the coke. It's amazing how much punishment his heart can take. And we all said he had no heart

Back