PBP UFC 299: O'Malley vs. Vera 2 Main Card PBP Discussion: Sat. 3/9 at 10pm ET / 7pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chito was stymied by the distance, speed and stance switches. If he would have risked getting flattened early, got inside and went to the body he would have had a much better chance. He didn't.

We all knew this was a cherry pick, and knew that Chito was a sitting duck outside of toughness and a big punch, but it's still impressive to see it in real time. Sean's use of angles, which he also did on Aljo who fought like a dumb ass, and range were very impressive. Props to him. I don't like him, but you've got to respect the performance.
I never take anything away from O'Malley (even though I'm definitely not a fan), he's a good fighter, even if he's had favorable matchups, or strategic ones. Idk that it can be argued he isn't a highly skilled fighter. Big Max Holloway vibes.

'Empty the tank'. 'Let your hands go.'

Parillo is the King of Platitudes. The guy has no useful mid-fight info.

He once told Penn to "fuck him up" in a fight he was getting blown out in between rounds.

Fighters don't win because of him. They win despite him.
I've worked the corner for a bunch of fights and have no idea how some coaches throw out such generic advice. These coaches might as well scream "HIT HIM" as advice..... I have forgotten to give my fighters the stool too many times sadly enough though.

I've competed with bad corner work and it makes you feel a bit lost at times where as a good corner can help you solve certain issues in the fight.

I never take anything away from O'Malley (even though I'm definitely not a fan), he's a good fighter, even if he's had favorable matchups, or strategic ones. Idk that it can be argued he isn't a highly skilled fighter. Big Max Holloway vibes.
I was thinking tonight that it looked a lot like a Holloway performance.

Petr lit up sandhagen like a Christmas tree.
And Sandhagen has added more defence, an elite jab, feints and takedowns to his game... he's literally upgraded everything and lessened his over aggressive behaviour that got him hurt in that fight.

Anyone else feel like that body shot at the end might have hurt him significantly more than anyone thinks and another 30 seconds may have lead to a very different outcome?

Dude has a chin, but no wonder he has stamina. He doesn't do a damned thing for half the fight.
I've been frustrated before with him for doing this. I remember when he fought Cruz, I was talking shit bc he was just kinda dilly daddling, and for a while, and like 20 seconds later, the kick lol. He doesn't waste a lot of movement early in his fights, but I wouldn't say it is always to his advantage, as it wasn't tonight. Probably a coaching gaffe

I've worked the corner for a bunch of fights and have no idea how some coaches throw out such generic advice. These coaches might as well scream "HIT HIM" as advice..... I have forgotten to give my fighters the stool too many times sadly enough though.

I've competed with bad corner work and it makes you feel a bit lost at times where as a good corner can help you solve certain issues in the fight.

I can't speak to it in real time, so you're much more knowledgeable than I am. But as someone who's been a big fan of his fighters, he's mostly useless. I think he's been blessed with all time talent in his gyms.

I think Sandhagen is the most interesting fight at 135 of them all, stylistically.
Me too. I thought O'Malley was gonna beat Ajo with a Head kick. The way Ajo forces his wrestling. It's gonna take someone that's fast and is good at mixing it up to take his belt

And Sandhagen has added more defence, an elite jab, feints and takedowns to his game... he's literally upgraded everything and lessened his over aggressive behaviour that got him hurt in that fight.
Thats exactly what I see in him. His last few fights he has improved so much... Like the last person I've seen improve that fast was GSP back in the day

omalley-v-vera-2.jpg

omalley-v-vera-2.jpg

omalley-v-vera-2.jpg

I'll believe it when he can beat Yan.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back