PBP UFC 299: O'Malley vs. Vera 2 Main Card PBP Discussion: Sat. 3/9 at 10pm ET / 7pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
O’Malley can do that to anyone who will just stand there and let him take target practice. I doubt he can do that to Merab.
Merab loves to get hurt early. You can't do that against Sean. He might survive, but there's a solid chance he doesn't.

Yea, it says he got hit with a nice shot right at the end of a fight he completely dominated. Seriously, what do people think Sandhagen has for Sean?
Sandhagen also dominated Chito while also scoring 10-8 rounds.... Sandhagen and Suga are both arguably BW's best strikers.

what did his coach do wrong?

'Empty the tank'. 'Let your hands go.'

Parillo is the King of Platitudes. The guy has no useful mid-fight info.

He once told Penn to "fuck him up" in a fight he was getting blown out in between rounds.

Fighters don't win because of him. They win despite him.

O'Malley could have fought like that French guy (who against DPP tonight) from round 1 but that also results in even more danger.

I think Chito fought to the best of his ability and he did land like 3 serious heavy shots against O'Malley = the problem is O'Malley has a decent chin himself.

Sean’s feinting in this fight was a master class, other fighters should study that shit.

Yea, it says he got hit with a nice shot right at the end of a fight he completely dominated. Seriously, what do people think Sandhagen has for Sean?
Sandhagens standup and grappling has gotten so smooth and he transitions great between em. I thought he was gonna smoke ajo in a rematch. But in came the clown.... Sandhagen has him gassed by the third round my prediction. O'Malley can't fight Cody's pace

That part where he just grab chitos wrists and throw knees had to be demoralizing.

Merab loves to get hurt early. You can't do that against Sean. He might survive, but there's a solid chance he doesn't.
He had better defence against Aldo and Yan... in hindsight he might've expected the striking to be easier against Cejudo and Moraes since they're not as well regarded strikers but he's shown very tight defence against good strikers so it's not like he'd just wade into danger.
Not saying Sean can't set it up but I don't think either man has an easy way to win at this point.

Sandhagens standup and grappling has gotten so smooth and he transitions great between em. I thought he was gonna smoke ajo in a rematch. But in came the clown.... Sandhagen has him gassed by the third round my prediction. O'Malley can't fight Cody's pace

If these two ever fight and Cory doesn't utilize clinch work, go to the body and mix in takedown attempts, I'll throw my remote at the TV.

omalley-v-vera-2.jpg

omalley-v-vera-2.jpg

Even though I hate the look and the personality, I have to respect O'Malley's skills. Not only was he sharp but he kept his power and cardio for 5 rounds and never stopped attacking even though he was up 4-0.

Is it safe to say, O'Malley > Conor at least in terms of skills? Conor could never go 5 rounds like that and completely dominate his opponent.

Back