PBP UFC 298: Volkanovski vs. Topuria Main Card PBP Discussion: Sat 2/17 at 10pm ET / 7pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's big. Though I went with the majority here on the main and co-main I'm only about 51% confident in both picks. They could go either way. That's what I love seeing - how they play out. How you doing this fine day? Cold and windy here with snow flurries. Settling in with chicory coffee, artisan sourdough bread, salami and cheddar cheese. Enjoy the fights!
Sounds excellent purp! I am doing well. Having a nice chill day? We went out for a succulent chinese meal earlier and now I am ready for these fights to begin. I now crave violence.

Mr_2Tm.gif

new in gif for you. my mans can climb a chain link fence

@Arqueto <45> @HI SCOTT NEWMAN @Luthien 🐊

It's big. Though I went with the majority here on the main and co-main I'm only about 51% confident in both picks. They could go either way. That's what I love seeing - how they play out. How you doing this fine day? Cold and windy here with snow flurries. Settling in with chicory coffee, artisan sourdough bread, salami and cheddar cheese. Enjoy the fights!

My Purple one I feel the exact same way, did more with my heart bets on a couple of fights.

My Purple one I feel the exact same way, did more with my heart bets on a couple of fights.
It's hilarious how we go back and forth in our minds. I picked Volk because he has done so well and has crafty experience. Topuria goes straight forward, may be his most aggressive opponent and could clock him. Whittaker is a nostalgic pick for me. Always loved the guy. Yet if Rob walks into a perfectly timed jab it could be lights out. I've grown to like Costa. Topuria not so much. Whatever. Let's just enjoy the damn fights.

It's hilarious how we go back and forth in our minds. I picked Volk because he has done so well and has crafty experience. Topuria goes straight forward, may be his most aggressive opponent and could clock him. Whittaker is a nostalgic pick for me. Always loved the guy. Yet if Rob walks into a perfectly timed jab it could be lights out. I've grown to like Costa. Topuria not so much. Whatever. Let's just enjoy the damn fights.
Top isn't ready for man like Volk. He's in for a rude awakening tonight.

Top isn't ready for man like Volk. He's in for a rude awakening tonight.
Have you seen the way he's been talking? Saying if he wins he won't fight any current contenders they should all retire. I've never liked disrespect toward wise elders. War Old Man Volk!

Have you seen the way he's been talking? Saying if he wins he won't fight any current contenders they should all retire. I've never liked disrespect toward wise elders. War Old Man Volk!
Hubris will expedite his downfall and I'm ready for it.

Agreed! I really started to take to Volk about 4yrs ago and now I'm a fully straight-up fan. More for him for just being a man, husband, father, and just a guys guy. Topuria has youth hunger brashness it's appealing but when he started biting and going full Conor I stepped back, crossing my fingers he gets humbled by the old man.

I still think Costa much like Luke Rockhold is more an underwear model than fighter, but he's just so affable. I'm still not sold on him as A or B+ fighter I say take and save them good looks and body and go cash in. Save all the ugliness and scars for the Whittaker's grinders and those who truly need this, I hope that didn't sound disparaging to Robert I have nothing but big respect for him that's why I picked him.

Haven't been able to watch a whole card live in a long time. I'm stoked that I finally can! Cheers everyone!
I love that feeling when everything is cleared from the schedule and you just chill and watch the fights. Enjoy the card. Cheers!

Back