PBP UFC 298: Volkanovski vs. Topuria Preliminary Card PBP Discussion: Sat 2/17 at 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh god I picked kopylov too
GT3hVp.gif

When Lemos dropped Dern and she was visibly hurt, all Lemos had to do was back up and say come on. If Dern doesn't get up, the fight is over.

You and @Poirierfan can rewatch but I just did.

3:54 Dern gets dropped
From 3:54 to 3:50 Lemos - while standing - lands two big shots but Ref allows Dern to continue turtling (one was a body shot so perhaps that's why).
Lemos follows her down at 3:49
Lands 6-8 punches - though not the cleanest - as Dern starts to roll away.
3:45 ref says fight back MacKenzie
3:44 Dern takes a backhand swipe at Lemos who by this time has Dern in halfguard pressed up against the cage

- She didn't immediately follow her down
- She tried to land a few big shots w/out going to the ground

Upon rewatch, I can see why you think Lemos just had to step back. And I can see why Lemos thinks she had to just land 1 clean shot (and she did land 10 unanswered punches but the cleaner shots were all body).

After all that, I can be convinced Lemos made a mistake. But I can't be convinced her mistake (b/c it wasn't immediate and not her initial response) is what prolonged the fight. Dern's toughness did that. Happy to disagree if that's where we fall.

You and @Poirierfan can rewatch but I just did.

3:54 Dern gets dropped
From 3:54 to 3:50 Lemos - while standing - lands two big shots but Ref allows Dern to continue turtling (one was a body shot so perhaps that's why).
Lemos follows her down at 3:49
Lands 6-8 punches - though not the cleanest - as Dern starts to roll away.
3:45 ref says fight back MacKenzie
3:44 Dern takes a backhand swipe at Lemos who by this time has Dern in halfguard pressed up against the cage

- She didn't immediately follow her down
- She tried to land a few big shots w/out going to the ground

Upon rewatch, I can see why you think Lemos just had to step back. And I can see why Lemos thinks she had to just land 1 clean shot (and she did land 10 unanswered punches but the cleaner shots were all body).

After all that, I can be convinced Lemos made a mistake. But I can't be convinced her mistake (b/c it wasn't immediate and not her initial response) is what prolonged the fight. Dern's toughness did that. Happy to disagree if that's where we fall.

Like I said, all Lemos had to do was make her stand up.

When she dropped her after Dern was already hurt and Dern had that wince on her face with her hands at the sides of her face, I was screaming "Make her stand up!"

This should be good i got Roman but man Fluffy can grind..

Other thread people!

Easy work. the prototype of striker with good defensive wrestling was exposed once again. Once you get past their tdd, their mat grappling is shite

Back