UFC 304 UK fans upset at event start times. Aspinall agrees

Is Manchester the only place that will let them do this? They did it to them last time as well.
I don't think it's a matter of "Manchester letting UFC do this". UFC will just tell them what time it's gonna be on, they have all the power unfortunately. I would like to see some kind of compromise timing on this : so it's LATER than a typical UFC PPV card in the USA but not so excruciatingly late for the fans in attendance in Manchester.

I read that the Prelims for UFC304 are due to start at 11pm local time, and so that would make the Main card start time around 2 or 3am. Main event might not start til maybe 5am!!! That's crazy.

I mean DAWN in Manchester at that time of year is 5:18am ........... so unless they change the timing the main event Aspinall fight will start (approx) just before dawn on the Sunday...... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I would like to reach out to all the people living across the pond in the UK and apologize for absolutely nothing!
Now that I've got that out of my system, I hope everyone has a great day!

I actually went to the last PPV in Manchester (204) and they did the exact same thing so this isn’t a big surprise. A large amount of people were passed out or napping in their seats before bisping fight

I don't think it's a matter of "Manchester letting UFC do this". UFC will just tell them what time it's gonna be on, they have all the power unfortunately. I would like to see some kind of compromise timing on this : so it's LATER than a typical UFC PPV card in the USA but not so excruciatingly late for the fans in attendance in Manchester.

I read that the Prelims for UFC304 are due to start at 11pm local time, and so that would make the Main card start time around 2 or 3am. Main event might not start til maybe 5am!!! That's crazy.

I mean DAWN in Manchester at that time of year is 5:18am ........... so unless they change the timing the main event Aspinall fight will start (approx) just before dawn on the Sunday...... :rolleyes:
It's not actually the UFCs call.

ESPN gets final say on when PPVs take place because they are the one that have broadcasting rights.

They allow for the UFC to put on 2 PPVs a year that arent on USA prime time. And they already allocated both for 2024. Perth and Abu Dhabi.

So in this case making UFC Manchester a numbered card and a PPV is what is causing it to take place during USA prime time. If it was a fight night they could put it on BST, but then they wouldn't have stacked the card with multiple title fights.

A lot of venues/cities wouldn't give them permits to operate at that time. At least with those times public transport should be running when people are leaving.

Hasn't it always been like this though when they have cards in Europe? UFC 75, UFC 120, UFC 122 etc.
A lot of UK events though, indeed a lot of non US events generally tend to not have as many really big fights involved so not having prime timeslots for the US is less of an issue.

This card seems like its going to have a HW title fight on it which I'd guess the UFC does not want to miss out on US PPV sales.

Generally as well I think the UFC is less interested in trying to grow foreign markets than it was a decade ago, less willing to loose US viewers to do it.

It's not actually the UFCs call.

ESPN gets final say on when PPVs take place because they are the one that have broadcasting rights.

They allow for the UFC to put on 2 PPVs a year that arent on USA prime time. And they already allocated both for 2024. Perth and Abu Dhabi.

So in this case making UFC Manchester a numbered card and a PPV is what is causing it to take place during USA prime time. If it was a fight night they could put it on BST, but then they wouldn't have stacked the card with multiple title fights.
good additional info on the ESPN thing, I appreciate it.

Wasn't the Japanese ppv with Bendo vs Edgar on at a really weird time? I can't remember
That was normal time. Japan and Australia can usually put cards on Sunday afternoon to match normal US times. Perth is a little more difficult plus this time will be in winter so I'm interested to see what they do. Main card would have to be 10am to be at the normal time.

At the very least the UFC could move the time up start like 8PM Est for the PPV portion in the USA. Those two hours would not have any effect on PPV buys what so ever.

Wouldn't be surprised if this event is cancelled or moved to another venue with the shite happening at Co-op Live... Been an absolute shambles so far with the manager leaving and all events being postponed... The first opening show has been cancelled 3 times now.. Absolute Joke.

Wouldn't be surprised if this event is cancelled or moved to another venue with the shite happening at Co-op Live... Been an absolute shambles so far with the manager leaving and all events being postponed... The first opening show has been cancelled 3 times now.. Absolute Joke.
just checked it out.
sounds bad. Typical UK inept stupid crap.

just checked it out.
sounds bad. Typical UK inept stupid crap.

It's fucko'd, being in hospitality i've rota'd staff in to account for the inevitable increase in busyness (located pretty close by).. Absolute waste of time.. Stupid place isn't even needed, plenty of large venues already, all for the sake of being the highest capacity arena in Europe by a few relative handfuls.

<JonesDXSuckIt>1714589719693.png

Attachments

• 1714589721916.png
    1714589721916.png
    456.6 KB · Views: 0
It's fucko'd, being in hospitality i've rota'd staff in to account for the inevitable increase in busyness (located pretty close by).. Absolute waste of time.. Stupid place isn't even needed, plenty of large venues already, all for the sake of being the highest capacity arena in Europe by a few relative handfuls.

<JonesDXSuckIt>View attachment 1041966
I bet you the UFC chose this venue on the basis of the largest seat capacity so that the greedy company can maximize gate receipts. The ticket prices will be astronomically high I am very sure of that. Even in USA I think the UFC300 tickets were about 800 to 1000USD for the LOWEST ticket prices. Would not surprise me to see 500 to 800quid for the cheapest seats in Manchester. Everyone always gets screwed in UK.

Chances of the UFC event going off without a technical hitch or power failure or a brawl in the crowd or internet issues or overcrowding or a crowd crush : almost zero I'd say.
As they say....never buy Version 1.0 of anything and this stadium sounds like classically Version 1.0.

Also....beer in a plastic pint, I'm gonna guess it'll be 18 to 20quid. Absolute joke. People will be smuggling in hip flasks all over the place. Hip flask and a couple of wraps, lol. That'll be standard accessories i'd imagine.

Back