PBP UFC Fight Night 198: Vieira vs. Tate: Official PBP Discussion - 3:00 p.m. ET/12:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Meh

597254-22216489.png

A moral victory perhaps for Chiesa. Brady is strong as on ox and has the grappling acumen to back it up, but I can't help but feel that the division's elite are strong enough wrestlers to hang, and then outperform his comparatively under-developed striking. Could be wrong!

Chiesa needed 30 seconds. Even if Brady knew there were only 30 seconds, it wouldn't have mattered once Chiesa passed his hips. Nevertheless, that was a huge win for Brady.

Chiesa should have never taken this fight, there's no upside to it.

Now any momentum he had is gone. Stupid stupid stupid.

chiesa needed to go in there and try to go for takedowns. i bet he could have gassed out brady with him having to defend takedowns.

It needs somw improvement, but i guarantee you it'll look much better against orthodox fighters.

Many fighters striking looks off against southpaws.

I think against the likes of Usman, Colby, Khamzat and Burns he's going to be in trouble.

Chiesa's stock fell, and I'm not sure Brady's rose much. Nice ending sequence, but lackluster fight overall.

How did he win the first or second while being grapple fucked for a whole two rounds?
because brady didn’t do anything with the grappling. he got in a great position and did absolutely no damage and threatened with no close submissions whatsoever.

to be fair, Chiesa is a really good grappler and was constantly looking (in the right way) to escape. Brady had to address that or Chiesa was going to end up on top
Sure but it just felt like even when Brady had his back, Chiesa was doing more damage. You gotta do something with that position.

Back