PBP UFC Fight Night 218 - Lewis vs. Spivak: Official PBP Discussion - Sat. Feb. 4, 10 pm ET/7 pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Tgnoni is one of the worst refs working consistently today. He shouldn't have this job.

Pretty sure he didn't get used for quite a while after some in-cage shennanagin that Dana got pissed off about.

Ref stole the win from Choi. And earlier in the night, ref stood up Yi after he got illegally kicked in the face and forfeited his dominant position…

Isolated like this, the point deduction was quite a strong punishment, so it seems unfair as it comes out of nowhere. However, I would like this kind of severity to be the norm. People just extending their fingers straight into eyes should get points deducted right away. People headbutting when they have all the control should get points deducted. It's like that in other sports: in Hockey you get a penalty if you high stick, even if you didn't purposefully stuffed your stick in the other's face ("you should always be in control of your stick" is the mantra).

Pretty sure he didn't get used for quite a while after some in-cage shennanagin that Dana got pissed off about.

Mark Smith isn't good either but Tognoni makes him look like the best ref of all time.

MisguidedFoolhardyKestrel-size_restricted.gif

I don't know why people are hating on the ref. The headbutt was clear as day. We can't know for sure if it was intentional but it was blatant. Don't count on warnings
dude he isnt even a dirty fighter

he was trying to shoulder charge him tha headbutt was accidental and misinterpreted

Yeah he's fucking awful
Mark Smith
Herb dean
Dan mirgisijfjomfu
They're all atrocious
Lol at Mark Smith being awful

All the others, yes, but Smith is literally the only ref I've never seen make a bad call. Marc Goddard is probably right behind him. All the others tend to be inconsistent

JORDAN WRIGHT CO-MAIN EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We had a 50 year old get brutalized in the main event in Bellator, it’s a joke anyone thought that matchup was more competitive than Lewis/Spivac

Lol at Mark Smith being awful

All the others, yes, but Smith is literally the only ref I've never seen make a bad call. Marc Goddard is probably right behind him. All the others tend to be inconsistent
He took away position from a fighter that got illegally up kicked just a few fights earlier

Seeing Ivanov's chest scar made me remember this guy was literally stabbed in the heart and on life support a decade ago, and I remember reading about it right here.

Back