• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PBP UFC Fight Night 227 - Grasso vs. Shevchenko 2 PBP Discussion: Sat 9/16 at 7PM ET/4PM PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do like the way referee's can look back on replays now and change their decision, as also happened lately in the Holland/Daukaus fight.

Back in the day, if a ref stopped the fight prematurely, it was over. Mac Danzig with a classic one where he wasn't out at all.

I also think fights should be restarted after a referee fuck up calling a fight prematurely due to a non tap.

Let them continue. But that's on the commissions.

Lacerda coming on yo' ass, coming for that Sam Alvey winless streak. He's speed running it too.

Thanks sherbro. I love your face the most. And @Dude Incredible thw 2nd most.
vandamme.gif

Congrats my brother. @helax knows I'm coming for that #1 spot tho.

Don’t agree with this result but goes to show enough bitching can influence anything

Oh wow
While I don’t necessarily agree with the call, you can’t let your arm drop like that. It’s not like he just put his arm at his side. He dropped it like it was limp.
I get it, cause i thought he was out too, but the fact is he wasn't and it was ultimately the wrong call by the ref.

Almost identical to Lawler-Askren. Of th

Only difference that stands out to me is these guys were on their feet and Lawler/Askren were down when it got stopped.

Both Lawler and this Brazilian had dramatic-looking arm flops that triggered the stoppage and both guys immediately looked at the ref to ask what the fuck. Herb Dean even started cursing himself right away.

It's very puzzling to me that this was overturned on the spot and that one stood.

To be fair, Askren had Lawler in a much ‘cleaner’ submission with his arm completely under the chin.

Remember in a grappling match I got caught in a mounted arm-in guillotine. I could hear his coaches yelling that I was gonna go out or tap but I could feel he didn't have it in even though he was trying real hard to finish it.

I just laid there and relaxed because it wasn't even close and waited till he stopped squeezing to sweep and get out of it.

Sometimes just relaxing is the best way to go.
100%, relaxing means your opponent wastes energy attempting a bad sub, panic often results in tapping to a sub that is not fully locked in

They built this whole card around Grasso. I like Alexa, but her losing tonight would be par for the course for the UFC, lol.

Back