PBP UFC Fight Night 227 - Grasso vs. Shevchenko 2 PBP Discussion: Sat 9/16 at 7PM ET/4PM PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They should announce no contest by ref incompetence

lmfaoooo this is just bad any which way. You either rob Chairez with an NC, you rob Lacerda with an L, and it's not even really Chris Tognoni's fault with how that arm went limp

The arm drop is very unintuitive of a defending fighter but if he's just relaxing and waiting it out then yeah... Hard situation but the ref could have checked more.
Herb has been known to grab and shake the arm

giphy.gif
I don't know what the fuck that mean Ben. Just speak your mind

This fucked my Draftkings lineup but I'm pleased with the outcome since the ref botched things so bad.

While I don’t necessarily agree with the call, you can’t let your arm drop like that. It’s not like he just put his arm at his side. He dropped it like it was limp.

Muchhhhh worse to be honest, that was more understandable .

Only difference that stands out to me is these guys were on their feet and Lawler/Askren were down when it got stopped.

Both Lawler and this Brazilian had dramatic-looking arm flops that triggered the stoppage and both guys immediately looked at the ref to ask what the fuck. Herb Dean even started cursing himself right away.

It's very puzzling to me that this was overturned on the spot and that one stood.

Last edited:
Back