UFC Fight Night 81 - Dillashaw vs Cruz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mens College Basketball

Texas Tech vs Iowa State; taking the points +10 for Texas Tech

Thoughts on Travis/Meathead

Its a hw clash, both guys prefer to strike, are athletic and powerful so I have to go with the guy who has a tested chin, heart to go on and with the better overall mma game. I don't feel meathead has improved much in ground game and travis is still improving and has wrestling, take downs and submission attempts, something lacking somewhat from meathead. I feel travis times a powerful shot, floors meathead followed up with gnp. Maybe itd or the under's are safer here, or travis ko or under 1.5.

When did the drug testing kick in? Trinaldo has fought all his UFC fights in Brazil except fights against Chisea and Laprise. A LW improving at 37 from Brazil alarms bells for me.

When did the drug testing kick in? Trinaldo has fought all his UFC fights in Brazil except fights against Chisea and Laprise. A LW improving at 37 from Brazil alarms bells for me.
His fight vs Laprise was after USADA went into effect.

As someone who has followed Trinaldo since s1 of TUF Brazil, his improvements aren't that crazy. On the show, it was fairly obvious age aside he was a monster athlete who was very raw still. I'm not sure if he trains with the same team as back then or what, but its good to see him developing the technical skills, hes come a long way since just blitzkrieging fools.

Does anyone know if Sanders was prepping for another fight before he got the call?

So which fighters is worth spending money on except Cruz/Pettis ?

I honestly dont see how Cruz uses TJ's flaws against him without hurting him. And Cruz is not a power puncher at all. We dont know if he can "dance" like he used to. Dillashaw has also shown pretty phenomenal wrestling before turning into the relaxed movement stand-up guy he is now. I would love if the odds were closer so that I could add some extra on TJ. But thats just my opinnion.

I honestly dont see how Cruz uses TJ's flaws against him without hurting him. And Cruz is not a power puncher at all. We dont know if he can "dance" like he used to. Dillashaw has also shown pretty phenomenal wrestling before turning into the relaxed movement stand-up guy he is now. I would love if the odds were closer so that I could add some extra on TJ. But thats just my opinnion.

I need to check some footage of Cruz past fights but will check those bjj scout vids , while I do think tj is more athletic, powerful and connects more so by taking a bit more risk getting inside the pocket, tj did mention cruz is going to attempt his usual take downs to steal rounds but it won't work. Tj is a former NCAA Div 1 wrestler but I think cruz has the better set ups of take downs and perhaps uses mma wrestling better due to his experience and footwork.

Both are continuing there bantering, I was surprised cruz discussed his entire game plan with tj coming in, his confidence level is through the roof or he plays mind games very well.

Checked the lines, was hoping Mairbek line would be better, saunder's is the fav but close lines.
Tim, latifi high as well, think the trinaldo line is off, looks to be one of the closest fights on the card.

Given how close several fights are we could see some underdogs pulling through imo, and after last week anything can happen.

Checked the lines, was hoping Mairbek line would be better, saunder's is the fav but close lines.
Tim, latifi high as well, think the trinaldo line is off, looks to be one of the closest fights on the card.

Given how close several fights are we could see some underdogs pulling through imo, and after last week anything can happen.
I agree, could do without another hammering and topping up bankroll lol, fingers crossed we all do well

Fml, always looking forward to Pinnacle open line. Now the line is no better than other site ...lol.
Pinncle open
Charles Rosa -176
Jimy Hettes +155,

both 5dimes & Betonline have it
Charles Rosa -175
Jimy Hettes +155, pretty pathetic Pinnacle! reduce juice will make Pinnacle even more pathetic!

Just last card you see Pinnacle open line have lots of activity, now times have passes, not a single line move...lol. Good job Pinnacle!

Last edited:
There's been a lot of action the past hour or so on many books across BFO.

I was able to grab Cote +120 on BOL

There's been a lot of action the past hour or so on many books across BFO.

I was able to grab Cote +120 on BOL
Strange, we must bet at the same time, I grab him at +120 too at max $250 base. Action take place at Bol & 5dimes, not Pinnacle, not yet anyway. I hope no one give Pinnacle any action until their odd is better than Bol

Off the top of my head, Rosa and Felder (Rosa being from Massachusetts with the nickname "Boston Strong" and Felder with the "Irish Dragon" nickname) should be crowd favorites, and the crowd could potentially sway the judges on their side if it comes down to a close decision

Just some food for thought

College BBall
+9000 on Rutgers to beat Maryland tonight. I know it's unlikely but these odds are insane. They win far more than 1 in 90 times played.. To be honest they win 1 in like 20 IMO. I give them a realistic shot here even though it is on the road and Maryland is usually good at home.

logic: Maryland has a tendency to play close games and Rutgers was awful last year as well and still managed to knock off #4 Wisconsin at the time. (that was at home)

I put like $45 on it, and then a little on the +24 just to limit loss if they do keep it close.

Also on Ohio State +2 over Northwestern. Reason (it's Northwestern)

NBA

Spurs + Cavs + Clips + Raptors

$10 to win $21

P George over 24 points

$10 to win $8

Grizzlies over Thunder

$4 to win $11

Pettis by sub +405. Think this line has some value. wish it was like +600. but playable at this. After Alvarez's Cerrone fight, I doubt he will want to stay standing to long with Pettis. So he may be going for takedown and end up likely to get subbed or Pettis can rock him standing and then finish with a sub as well.

Hey guys,

Cruz as an underdog=free money? I think I'm going to put a sizable wager on D-Cruz. You guys are the "Experts" so tell me why I'm wrong. Or right. Very excited for this card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back