UFC Fight Night: Allen vs. Curtis 2

Big surprise, Calvillo weighs in at 119lbs, and the fight is off.

"It's her last chance to save her job, she will be hyper focused and locked in!"

Orrrrrrr....

She will miss weight badly and get cut forever from the roster.

"It's her last chance to save her job, she will be hyper focused and locked in!"

Orrrrrrr....

She will miss weight badly and get cut forever from the roster.
She'll have her career renaissance in Combate.

185 lbs.: Brendan Allen (186) vs. Chris Curtis (186)
145 lbs.: Alexander Hernandez (150*) vs. Damon Jackson (146)
145 lbs.: Morgan Charriere (145) vs. Chepe Mariscal (145.5)
155 lbs.: Ignacio Bahamondes (156) vs. Christos Giagos (156)
265 lbs.: Valter Walker (264) vs. Lukasz Brzeski (236)
155 lbs.: Trevor Peek (155.5) vs. Charlie Campbell (155)
170 lbs.: Court McGee (170.5) vs. Alex Morono (171)
135 lbs.: Norma Dumont (136) vs. Germaine de Randamie (135)
135 lbs.: Pedro Falcao (136) vs. Victor Hugo (135.5)
115 lbs.: Piera Rodriguez (116) vs. Cynthia Calvillo (119*)
135 lbs.: Dan Argueta (136) vs. Jean Matsumoto (136)
185 lbs.: Dylan Budka (185.5) vs. Cesar Almeida (185.5)
135 lbs.: Nora Cornolle (138.5*) vs. Melissa Mullins (138*)

Seeing how Hernandez missed weight but such a huge amount, I'm definitely liking the under more. He'll probably go for broke early and give up if it doesn't work out.

Seeing how Hernandez missed weight but such a huge amount, I'm definitely liking the under more. He'll probably go for broke early and give up if it doesn't work out.

Or he realized he'd never make it and stopped trying to cut so didn't really deplete himself at all...?

Sad to see GDR's odds getting tighter. Regardless of that, I just have to bet her. She's on a mission for the belt. She knows UFC will most likely give her the title shot, if she wins here, because there's nobody else worthy at the moment. There is a good chance for Norma to get tired after the 1st. She's not subtle fighter with her striking or wrestling. Likely Germaine will get taken down at some point, but the crude attempts of Norma will get her gassed. Norma can't fight for sh1t when she's outta gas. I think the moment she gets tired a little bit she's getting knocked out or even maybe submitted. I don't have thoughts on any other bout from this card, I just watched these girs' fights all week.

Norma has better conditioning than GDR. GDR's conditioning also looked terrible, career worst, in her last fight and I cant imagine the four years off and nearly turning 40 has helped matters.

Or he realized he'd never make it and stopped trying to cut so didn't really deplete himself at all...?
If it were someone who didn't constantly wilt even at LW, I could see it.

If it were someone who didn't constantly wilt even at LW, I could see it.

Yeah that's fair, although I don't know if a weight cut means much on that front. Outside it showing in another way him crumbling to adversity.

Norma has better conditioning than GDR. GDR's conditioning also looked terrible, career worst, in her last fight and I cant imagine the four years off and nearly turning 40 has helped matters.

With USADA gone it seems to be a crapshoot now and age becomes less relevant. Fading aging fighters used to be a no-brainer in most spots but now...?

Yeah that's fair, although I don't know if a weight cut means much on that front. Outside it showing in another way him crumbling to adversity.
I kept an eye on it because he mentioned after the Quarantillo fight that the weight cut really messed with his body, said it made his dick not work (serious). That's why I ended up fading him after he went back down to fight Algeo, won't fade him here since Jackson isn't a very durable guy but it does make me think the fight is not going the distance at all.

GDR was +165 last week. Thought the line was insane. She's +105 now. 4 years ago she would have been -200. Looks about right now.

With USADA gone it seems to be a crapshoot now and age becomes less relevant. Fading aging fighters used to be a no-brainer in most spots but now...?

GDR would have had to reenter the USADA testing pool in at least October to make this fight date. Also, NSAC testing seems to be quite thorough, look at all the PFL fighters from last year who got popped by them. I cant imagine GDR was willing to risk her comeback (likely the rest of whatever is left of her career).

to be clear I am not advocating for anyone to play Dumont and I certainly will not be. I just think the love for GDR after four years off, pregnancy, and nearly turning 40 is misguided. Dumont does not do anything flashy but she knows how to win fights which is why she is 6-2 in the UFC.

Dumont does not do anything flashy but she knows how to win fights which is why she is 6-2 in the UFC.
She's also 6-2 in the UFC because she fought terrible opponents, except for Karol Rosa, but even then, Rosa moved up from 135 to fight Dumont at 145 and Rosa didn't wake up until R3 where she had her best round and also knocked Dumont down with a 1-2 combo.

4 of Dumont's wins are against opponents who aren't in the UFC anymore. One of her other wins is against a person who moved up in weight to fight her, and her most recent win was against Chelsea Chandler, and we already know how good Chandler is at MMA.

In regard to other people saying Dumont will hold GDR against the cage and/or go for take downs, Dumont isn't the person who usually takes the fight near the cage, it's her opponents who attempt to clinch with her and she always reverses them against the cage. I noticed this when I re-watched her last fights against Chandler, Rosa, and Chiasson. If GDR doesn't attempt to clinch and instead uses her long range striking like she used to, then Dumont will likely oblige her and keep it in the center of the cage.

She's also 6-2 in the UFC because she fought terrible opponents, except for Karol Rosa, but even then, Rosa moved up from 135 to fight Dumont at 145 and Rosa didn't wake up until R3 where she had her best round and also knocked Dumont down with a 1-2 combo.

4 of Dumont's wins are against opponents who aren't in the UFC anymore. One of her other wins is against a person who moved up in weight to fight her, and her most recent win was against Chelsea Chandler, and we already know how good Chandler is at MMA.

In regard to other people saying Dumont will hold GDR against the cage and/or go for take downs, Dumont isn't the person who usually takes the fight near the cage, it's her opponents who attempt to clinch with her and she always reverses them against the cage. I noticed this when I re-watched her last fights against Chandler, Rosa, and Chiasson. If GDR doesn't attempt to clinch and instead uses her long range striking like she used to, then Dumont will likely oblige her and keep it in the center of the cage.

Dumont can hit takedowns in the middle of the canvas and imo looks significantly physically stronger than GDR. GDR has been wall-and-stalled by several opponents so if Dumont wants to wall-and-stall I don't see GDR stopping it.

GDR was on her way to losing her last fight against Pena until she hit a miracle guillotine late in R3 and that was four years ago, pre child birth, and turning 40......

Theres no actual value on GDR given all of these factors but I wish anyone playing her the best of luck.

In the fight where she got a third round sub with a one armed guillotine?

You have to really, really, really love MMA and betting to not just watch a Dumont fight but rewatch!

Jean is worlds apart better on the feet. he has suspect grappling defense but he’s gone this long without losing so its hard to believe he would not have been exposed by now. i think jean will look like a heavy favorite.
For sure Arguera has no hands and a glass jaw. Hes weak to the body as well. The ufc are setting Argueta up for concussive damage

I mean I agree with you. Hernandez is the better fighter here and it should be a pretty straightforward bet. I just feel that Hernandez is so untrustworthy and at -200 I think I just rather pass.
How is he untrustworthy? His chin and cardio is good. If anything Jackson is the untrustworthy one

Back