UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Garbrandt

Is it really that wild of me to think Font is the better overall striker than Cody? The only time I ever really see Font struggle is against wrestling gameplans. Cody might try it but I don't see him holding him down much. I expect this to be a 95% standup war.

Is it really that wild of me to think Font is the better overall striker than Cody? The only time I ever really see Font struggle is against wrestling gameplans. Cody might try it but I don't see him holding him down much. I expect this to be a 95% standup war.
Feel like font's big reach advantage + his jab spam is going to frustrate cody into making mistakes.

Yeah it feels like it could be a trap, but I think Silva feels like a steal at pickem odds here. What Court has going for him is TDD, volume, and zombie toughness+cardio. Those are all positives in the matchup, but I don't see it working out here.

Court's pretty much relied on the toughness for most of his career. He doesn't hit very hard and hasn't finished someone in 11 years. But he's 36 now and has taken a lot of damage. He got dropped multiple times in his last 2 fights. Silva's far from a technical striker, but he uses a lot of forward pressure and swings hard while not being afraid to take punches to give them. And beyond that, he's probably one of the better bjj artists in the division with good adaptation and transitions. Silva has a lot of avenues to victory. Court pretty much only wins by hard-fought, not-very-technical pointfighting.

Yeah, I think this Claudio's fight to lose. Mcgee is a pressure fighter and pressing Silva is not the way to beat him, given his bjj and the way he swings hard. Having said that I can see him gassing in R3, so have played Silva ML and Mcgee R3.

Not weird at all. Font has an excellent jab, good combo's and sets up his shots well. Cody doesn't do any of those things is very reliant on his powerful counter hooks. We did see a new wrinkle in Cody's game with the leg kicks which could be effective against Font's boxing stance.

He lost to Assuncao who used no wrestling and just used a carful methodical approach and successfully out struck and out countered him.

He lost to Assuncao who used no wrestling and just used a carful methodical approach and successfully out struck and out countered him.
what you mean, he deffs mixed in takedowns and kept him down on the ground for long periods

chris-barnett-poses-for-a-portrait-during-a-ufc-photo-session-on-may-picture-id1319138210

She's also a thicc natural 145'r whereas dumont has fought at 135 and been doing catchweights at 140 range I think. Also her 100% tdd rate is BS. She's only defended 3 takedowns in ufc, 1 to megan who she got ko'd from in first round, and 2 from dog shit wmma alumini ashlee evans smith. Spencer stats are also misleading because she couldn't takedown cyborg or nunes, but the lesser competition she was able to takedown and control the girls then subsequently sub them which is around somewhere dumont should be categorized as.

I feel like AES actually was somewhat successful in getting the fight to the ground against Dumont in the second round, she just wasn't credited with the takedown because as soon as it went to the ground Dumont hopped her back. It looked to be fairly low resistance from Dumont in my opinion. Both Dumont and Spencer both look to be heavy chicks who just will bully someone on the ground who doesn't really want to be there (makes me question why AES even went for a throw in the first place anyways). Kind of feeling like Spencer by submission is a good play anyway. I'm not seeing how this lasts 3 rounds and she pulls out a decision.

David Dvorak (126) vs. Juancamilo Ronderos (128.5)*
* Ronderos was fined 20 percent of his purse, but the bout will go on as scheduled

rob-font-and-cody-garbrandt-face-off-during-the-ufc-fight-night-at-picture-id1319287149

yan-xiaonan-and-carla-esparza-face-off-during-the-ufc-fight-night-at-picture-id1319285774

opponents-justin-tafa-of-new-zealand-and-jared-vanderaa-face-off-the-picture-id1319287464

felicia-spencer-and-norma-dumont-face-off-during-the-ufc-fight-night-picture-id1319285916

opponents-ricardo-ramos-and-bill-algeo-face-off-during-the-ufc-fight-picture-id1319287493

jack-hermansson-and-edmen-shahbazyan-face-off-during-the-ufc-fight-picture-id1319284765

ben-rothwell-and-chris-barnett-face-off-during-the-ufc-fight-night-picture-id1319284693

opponents-court-mcgee-and-claudio-silva-face-off-during-the-ufc-fight-picture-id1319284472

opponents-bruno-silva-of-brazil-and-victor-rodriguez-face-off-during-picture-id1319284270

opponents-josh-culibao-of-australia-and-shayilan-nuerdanbieke-of-picture-id1319284080

opponents-david-dvorak-of-czech-republic-and-juancamilo-ronderos-of-picture-id1319283984

opponents-yancy-medeiros-and-damir-hadzovic-face-off-during-the-ufc-picture-id1319283273

opponents-rafael-alves-and-damir-ismagulov-face-off-during-the-ufc-picture-id1319283211

Last edited:

IIRC, Munhoz was beating up his leg with kicks (albeit while taking a bunch of damage himself) before rocking him with a left hook. Font shot a panic td into the guillotine.

I think this is a one-sided fight, with Cody Garbrandt being KO or bust.

I already confidently placed my bet awhile ago on Rob Font +111, and again at -120. If I want to add more to Font, I can always hedge with Garbrandt KO +230 or so, since he won't win any other way.

Back