UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Sakai

To the Romanov backers, you guys dont find it odd this fight has been hammered so much on the other side? Romanov opened at -330 it appears on BFO. That doesn't concern y'all?

I see how it looks as if Romanov can win but doesnt it look like he's been bullying less than stellar competition?

I just realized Imadaev is fighting tonight. Hes a max bet. Will beat Pereira.

To the Romanov backers, you guys dont find it odd this fight has been hammered so much on the other side? Romanov opened at -330 it appears on BFO. That doesn't concern y'all?

I see how it looks as if Romanov can win but doesnt it look like he's been bullying less than stellar competition?
Romanov at least will fight more than 1-2 minutes for your $$. Lima has no issue quitting. Romanov is also the larger guy with better wrestling. Pretty much a quicker lefty Roy Nelson that actually goes for takedowns plus sum kicks(overhand isn't as deadly). Lima pretty much can mostly only win a firefight within a few minutes. Fight isn't going to the scorecards either way it's just Romanov has more time to end the fight. At some point he might just bellyflop onto Lima and that'll be it. Lima isn't getting Romanov off him more than once.

Romanov at least will fight more than 1-2 minutes for your $$. Lima has no issue quitting. Romanov is also the larger guy with better wrestling. Pretty much a quicker lefty Roy Nelson that actually goes for takedowns plus sum kicks(overhand isn't as deadly). Lima pretty much can mostly only win a firefight within a few minutes. Fight isn't going to the scorecards either way it's just Romanov has more time to end the fight. At some point he might just bellyflop onto Lima and that'll be it. Lima isn't getting Romanov off him more than once.

There are certainly many things to like about Romanov, and no shortage of reasons to doubt Lima, but write-ups like this only serve to confuse and lead to poor decision-making.

No, Romanov is not a "quicker left Roy Nelson". That's an absurd and asinine comparison. Romanov has almost zero boxing, he has very little BJJ (nevermind the excellent jits Nelson had in his prime), and his top game in general is primitive and based on his insane physical strength. Nevermind that Nelson had decent cardio, while Romanov's looks to be awful at present.

As for Lima, his second-to-last victory was literally a decision win where he fought hard and well for all 15 minutes, sweeping every round. So while he might be at his deadliest in the first stanza, no, he is not drawing dead after a few minutes.

honestly i hate when everyone says roy nelson was some god level HW bjj guy. He has 4 subs in 15 years, and all 4 were against cans over a decade ago.

He might have been decent in a pure BJJ competition in 2005 but he hasn't used it in mma pretty much ever.

honestly i hate when everyone says roy nelson was some god level HW bjj guy. He has 4 subs in 15 years, and all 4 were against cans over a decade ago.

He might have been decent in a pure BJJ competition in 2005 but he hasn't used it in mma pretty much ever.

If you think that the number of submission victories a fighter has is the sole measure of BJJ skill, then you really don't know anything about BJJ.

Lima and moises tested positive, down to 8 fights now

This fight card is going to end up starting at 10:45pm with only the Montana de la rosa fight... maybe make periera fight everyone who lost an opponent in the same night for lols

This is going to be shortest fight card of the year. With just short few fights its not worth betting it. I will say it i miss fight island.

I wouldnt be mad if they cancel the whole event at this point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back