UFC Fight Night: Volkov vs. Aspinall

Good thing about Cory is that she seems to do better than everyone expects in her past two. Though she really did lose to Kay for real.

I don't think McKenna is that good (I thought Hansen beat her), and her main strength is her physicality and top control. Reed did well against Jasudavicius in CFFC for 5 rounds who I think is bigger and stringer than McKenna.
i dont agree, she got put on her back several times and had her guard passed to mount twice.

Guard passed 1.JPG

guard pass 2.JPG

Getting your guard passed like that is a bad sign when your facing a bjj tournament winner who isn't going to just hold you but try and snap your arm.
This is not counting the two other times she got taken down and put on half guard and full. Jasmine may have been a national wrestling champ but wrestlers are not finishers on the ground, wrestlers job is to just tire fighters from takedowns and then drain cardio while the striker gets tired scrambling for position, jasmine also made the mistake of opting to strike with her and not play to her strength more, a rookie mistake. I think the fact that it is a three round fight favors Cory as she only has to keep her down for the last two minutes of each round . Even so i see Reed giving up her arm and getting caught in an armbar like she almost did in her last fight before the ufc. Can i see an upset for Reed here? Sure. But im going to place cory in my category of second tier leans. Just like i did with Kevin Holland two weeks ago. I think Cory styles well here against reed who is primarily a kick boxer with a little mma generalist.

The stuff McKenna’s admitted to in regards to her propensity for overtraining and the issues she’s had with headaches already in her young career would give me serious pause before ever betting on her.

I'm liking Hooker at evens. He's obviously quite a bit bigger with a more varied striking game than Allen. I think Allen is gonna have difficulties playing his outside rangey game against Hooker because of the size difference and the low kicks potentially hampering his movement. Hooker will have the optics and volume upside as well.

Also, I feel like Hooker has all the grappling upside. Thought he was pretty impressive mixing that in against Nasrat and Allen has shown some vulnerability in that aspect before (against Burnell and Amirkhani).
The only questionmark for me is Hooker's durability at FW, but then again Allen is not that big of a hitter.

I'm in on Hooker already, but not a big play til I see how weigh ins go. If he looks good on scales and no red flags it's a huge bet on Hooker for me.

Been trying to talk myself out of a huge Luana Carolina bet. Is she that bad on the ground or with takedown defense that McCann should be able to keep her on mat or up against cage? I think Carolina improving at a faster rate and is already the better fighter. Her length and reach is huge problem for McCann standing and think she's athletic and physical enough to evade alot of what McCann will bring. I've always looked at McCann as fade material, it's tough going against the hometown fighter. Anybody really confident in meatball?

I'm in on Hooker already, but not a big play til I see how weigh ins go. If he looks good on scales and no red flags it's a huge bet on Hooker for me.

That's what I was thinking. How is he making FW when I thought he was a big LW. Hooker never bothered to move his head off the centre line before and with this cut Im concerned his chin may not be what he thinks it still is. Allen can crack those straights.

Paddy is the biggest favorite on DK for the MMA slate this weekend.

Been trying to talk myself out of a huge Luana Carolina bet. Is she that bad on the ground or with takedown defense that McCann should be able to keep her on mat or up against cage? I think Carolina improving at a faster rate and is already the better fighter. Her length and reach is huge problem for McCann standing and think she's athletic and physical enough to evade alot of what McCann will bring. I've always looked at McCann as fade material, it's tough going against the hometown fighter. Anybody really confident in meatball?

I think your take is reasonable. Personally, I generally dislike betting on fighters whose pathway to victory revolves around keeping a fight standing when they have shown propensity to being unable to do so in the recent past. I liked the TDD that Luana showed in the fight against Lupita even though she was clearly bullying Luputa with size, and Mccan's wrestling and grappling are the weakest part of her game but yeah I'd keep it light. I think Mccan will probably keep it somewhat competitive on the feet too though I would definitely give an edge to Luana.

Is this the first non ppv event with fans outside the Apex? As for the fights I was surprised to see Shore as an underdog. I think Grundy rolls, Makwan 1st rd sub hedge. What's up with Gunnar's long layoff, injury? He's never seemed to be a super active fighter anyway, Sato possible upset

Is this the first non ppv event with fans outside the Apex? As for the fights I was surprised to see Shore as an underdog. I think Grundy rolls, Makwan 1st rd sub hedge. What's up with Gunnar's long layoff, injury? He's never seemed to be a super active fighter anyway, Sato possible upset
Sato's too slow to catch Gunnar imo, and he's been subbed by lesser grapplers.

He's also taking the fight on short-notice, clear spot for Gunnar via sub I think.

I think Reed will get the better of Mckenna and the DEC looks tasty…

Thoughts about O1.5 Pimblet x Vargas...
Vargas is bjj brown belt and luta livre Black belt (martial arts here, Brazil), grappling.

Back