• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC FN 227 PBP/Discussion

Looked like Mann tapped quick, but the fight clock had barely ran out.

She was hurting her with strikes but then chose to clinch up every time. It's just dumb, this was a softball.

But shes not a natural finisher. It's more natural for her to watch that gas tank then go all in. I understand the frustration for us but seems funny how announcer puts pressure on someone with whooping 1 finish in her career.

Idk maybe Im being too easy on her.

But shes not a natural finisher. It's more natural for her to watch that gas tank then go all in. I understand the frustration for us but seems funny how announcer puts pressure on someone with whooping 1 finish in her career.

Idk maybe Im being too easy on her.
Eh, it is what it is, I guess. Had a small $50 on the finish so I guess that adds to me being grumpy about it.

Is this line so crazy wide because of a skill gap, or just the huge layoff?

She was hurting her with strikes but then chose to clinch up every time. It's just dumb, this was a softball for a break out performance.

I thought that sexy knee in the first round would be the end of it. I just love those shots where the victim on the receiving end gets hit so hard they made sounds.

Alex Reyes has a better chin than his brother, be he's just as easy or easier to hit to the face than his brother. Pretty wild how he doesn't move his head.

Eh, it is what it is, I guess. Had a small $50 on the finish so I guess that adds to me being grumpy about it.

Yeah but you have every right to be grumpy. The skill level was too much - she should have changed her approach. I was kinda surprised she didnt push it more in the third after the end of second. If she had more seconds on the clock the ref would have stepped in.
But for some the pace is everything. And maybe she was scared to step away from comfort zone since she got the contract anyway.

My problem is more with DC being too much Dana guy but I just gotta get used to it I guess.

Yeah but you have every right to be grumpy. The skill level was too much - she should have changed her approach. I was kinda surprised she didnt push it more in the third after the end of second. If she had more seconds on the clock the ref would have stepped in.
But for some the pace is everything. And maybe she was scared to step away from comfort zone since she got the contract anyway.

My problem is more with DC being too much Dana guy but I just gotta get used to it I guess.

Also, some fighters are just more risk averse than others. They're more worried about being hit, etc.

I saw a lot of people online were on Campbell rd 1 KO at +105 or +125

Interesting fight coming up. I think the judges would favor Cortez in close fight but .. I wouldnt be that surprised if Jas took it in convincing fashion. I'm kinda leaning that way tbh.

I'm gonna throw some on Cortez.
Not overly confident though.
That's fair. She hasn't looked good recently and pulled out of her last fight. It's a coin flip regardless

Cortez over 50.5 sig strikes. For a fight that's massively favored to go the distance, this # is low. Even if there's a solid amount of grappling involved.

Back