UFC FOX 28 PBP/discussion

I really don't understand the talk of the elbows to the back of the head. Even DC completely changed his tune on those. They are to the ear, or at bare minimum thrown with the intention of hitting the ear with Emmett exposing the back of his head. The knee is really the only thing that should be debated.

I’m a bit sad Torres lost, cause I really wanna live in a universe where she is strawweight champ and Pennington at Bantamweight. But then I would get sad that the ufc would market that.

I really don't understand the talk of the elbows to the back of the head. Even DC completely changed his tune on those. They are to the ear, or at bare minimum thrown with the intention of hitting the ear with Emmett exposing the back of his head. The knee is really the only thing that should be debated.

I was on Stephens really big, (pretty obvious from my posts all week) and I think there was one elbow that was maybe borderline. BUT, like you said, that was due to Josh turning his head as the strike was being thrown. I realize the responsibility is on the guy throwing the strike, but he can't alter the laws of physics. If a guy throws a spinning heel kick and his opponent turns as he's throwing it and it lands to the back of the head, it's NOT an illegal strike.

The knee was clearly imo thrown with the intention of hitting Josh's head. BUT, it didn't land. Maybe, MAYBE it grazed him ever so slightly. But even that is impossible to see because Josh's head doesn't move at all. At least when the knee is thrown forward. As Jeremy's leg retracts it does graze the side of Josh's head, but the impact is so negligible that there's no way it affected anything at all.

In the end, the right guy won. None of what happened looked to have any affect on the outcome of the fight from what I saw. The strikes that actually did the damage were all legal.

Back