UFC gloves vs Rizin gloves....It's time for a change.

lebron-james.gif

#PowerSlap rules fam, fouls automatic point deduction no warning mandem shuld kno better 💯🥋 maybe even let mans get a free hit on ting like nut shots or back udda head like Power Slap do for flinchin. Man foul twice in a tree rd he's DQ, tree in a fi rd 2️⃣🌳↔️🌳5️⃣ 🟰🙅‍♂️ ting ain't a game fam is mandem/gyaldem/demdem health we playin wid

Not our fault he never fights

He's had 8 fights - two and a half hours of octagon time - since then. Plenty of fighters don't even have two and a half hours of octagon time total.

I wonder what the UFC will do when their contract with century is complete. Anyone have an idea of how much time is left on their contract ?

In the end, it’s the fighters responsibility. First offense is a a percentage of their purse lost to the other fighters, second is a dq

Fighters will train that shit out of them

Hell no, you can literally win fights with eyepokes now, it's part of the brand, 4 eye pokes and no point deduction, 5 may be the limit before a point is taken, who knows.

Pokes to the eye have been officially greenlit after Saturday, changing the gloves would severly impact the efficiency of the eyepoke move.

#PowerSlap rules fam, fouls automatic point deduction no warning mandem shuld kno better 💯🥋 maybe even let mans get a free hit on ting like nut shots or back udda head like Power Slap do for flinchin. Man foul twice in a tree rd he's DQ, tree in a fi rd 2️⃣🌳↔️🌳5️⃣ 🟰🙅‍♂️ ting ain't a game fam is mandem/gyaldem/demdem health we playin wid
T-Ferg! What up homie! Good to see you here at the 'dog.

A change of glove is well overdue, those fingers continue to find sockets and it's horrible to watch, one of the Tafa brothers got it real nasty a few months back ending the fight.

What went down with Weidman walking away with a win after a double eyepoke is a whole other level of messed up.

A better, safer glove can't be far away, or do we have to witness a fighter receiving a life changing injury, before they make the change.

They got simple reason to keep those pos gloves: money. They dont care about fair fights.

- more highlights.
- some fighters know they can eye poke as much as they want. One dm from shady middleman to ufc favourite cover boy and they are good.

Its same bullshit with peds and scales. They know what they are doing.

Or you could just enforce the rules and not show bias toward certain fighters and allow them to cheat.

I've always wondered if he tells commentators to not bring up the better designs of other organizations. You hear Joe talk about Thai cups or Diamond cups, yet I can't remember him bringing up the gloves.

He does on his podcast. He's talked about Pride gloves and in the last few years (though not recently I think) Trevor Wittman's gloves

He does on his podcast. He's talked about Pride gloves and in the last few years (though not recently I think) Trevor Wittman's gloves
I've heard it as well, but I meant specifically when he's commentating. I don't recall.

New gloves and 165 will both happen after Dana is gone. So ten years probably.

Or better assholes fighters can just not extend their fingers?

I've heard it as well, but I meant specifically when he's commentating. I don't recall.

I'm sure he's mentioned that there's a problem with eyepokes. Definitely no chance he's going to be bring up a different organisation or a product they're not using. People can hate all they want, but there's a difference between doing it on his podcast and doing it while he's pretty much in uniform, getting paid by the organisation. Anyone saying they would do otherwise is lying to us and themselves.

I'm sure he's mentioned that there's a problem with eyepokes. Definitely no chance he's going to be bring up a different organisation or a product they're not using. People can hate all they want, but there's a difference between doing it on his podcast and doing it while he's pretty much in uniform, getting paid by the organisation. Anyone saying they would do otherwise is lying to us and themselves.
It does suck that he'd rather play shill then help try to fix a problem. Not sure how much Joe's opinion is to Dana, but I'd be surprised if it didn't carry more weight than a fighter's.

Pride figured it out a long time ago. Rizin upgraded it. Imo, Rizin has the best MMA gloves that is currently being used by a organization. UFC gloves has always been one of the main reasons I don't buy PPV, or attend a fight. Imagine paying ALL that money only for the main event to end due to a eye poke. There are too many freak accidents as it is in MMA to add on top of. At least when you pay for a boxing card, you dont have to worry about all the bs that can heppen. Enough is enough. Change the gloves.

View attachment 1037417

The greatest orginzation ladies and gents. How the hell do you still have them piss poor gloves 20 somethings years later?