UFC Kid Gloves: What's the Longest Winning Streak for an Undefeated Unranked UFC Fighter?

This is irrelevant to your original post but lol at your Sherdog belt title.

Do you like Dumas’s chances against Nursulton this weekend? I think it’s a solid fight.

Maybe.

I think this is a good test for Ruziboev, facing a guy that can potentially score an early finish but also out-point an opponent.

But I have real reservations about whether Dumas is a high enough quality to capitalize on the fact Ruzi will lose fights sooner rather than later.

I think it might be another exhibition for Ruziboev, but there's definitely an edge to this fight, especially if Ruzi can't get Sedriques out of there early.

I like the fight, to be honest with you.

Fitch had 8 fights before fighting St Pierre, fairly certain St Pierre was his first ranked opponent.

The guy has 24 pro fights under his belt, he made his pro debut 12 years ago and he's looking about the same as he did prior to his UFC run meaning he's not really going to get a whole lot better no matter how many unranked guys you get him. This is it.
as long as he doesn’t get a title shot, i don’t really care if he fights cans. it becomes a problem when they use a win streak over unranked fighters to justify a title shot. as a corollary, beating paddy pimblett shouldn’t warrant a title shot,

as long as he doesn’t get a title shot, i don’t really care if he fights cans. it becomes a problem when they use a win streak over unranked fighters to justify a title shot. as a corollary, beating paddy pimblett shouldn’t warrant a title shot,

Alright well I want to see interesting fights not Paddy vs lay-ups. That's what I want to see out of anybody. If you win you fight someone better until you lose.

Alright well I want to see interesting fights not Paddy vs lay-ups. That's what I want to see out of anybody. If you win you fight someone better until you lose.
i actually was not so sure paddy would beat tony ferguson. at that point, tony had only lost to fighters who were decidedly better than paddy, so it was an appropriate test for him. i don’t think any of paddy’s opponents were “layups,” per se. imo the point of matchmaking should be to make competitive fights. if you know it’s going to be a squash, you don’t make the fight in the first place. do you think paddy can beat any ranked fighters? if not, he shouldn’t be fighting them.

imo, an appropriate test for paddy would be someone in the lower top 15 (i.e., ranked #11-15). and from what i hear, that will probably happen—he is rumored to be fighting moicano.

btw, i think the ufc does have some sort of internal ranking/seeding criteria for assigning hierarchy to unranked fighters. in other words, they probably have some idea of who paddy would be competitive with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back