UFC on ABC 5 PBP/Discussion

Rough fight to get teased with a finish there, Ilia almost had him in round 4 then took 5 off. Great performance though.

Good performance from Topuria, but not great.

I'll gladly take Volkanovski over Topuria, and we'll likely get good odds since Topuria is hyped up by many people.
I think Kattar and Yair would be able to beat him as well.

I'll gladly take Volkanovski over Topuria, and we'll likely get good odds since Topuria is hyped up by many people.

I like to see Topuria with a more measured approach, definitely looks good.

But we got to remember Emmett is 39. That`s ancient for a FW.

Ilia is so young it be a small miracle if he didn't end up with the belt at some point. There are just not too many fighters who reach that level already at 26.

Ilia is so young it be a small miracle if he didn't end up with the belt at some point. There are just not too many fighters who reach that level already at 26.

Volk is the best by far at FW but I don't see him holding it for much longer. Either retires on top or father time eventually catches up.

I think Max gets it back in their 6th fight by 2030 jk

I was on the plane but actually got to watch the main card. Ilia isn't close to Volk as of now imo. I agree he looked good, but Volk is a different animal right now.

I don't think odds would be that good for Volk though despite the Ilia hype. Would still be heavy juice unless Yair shows some sort of weakness in Volk that we have yet to see.

Back