UFC On ESPN 12: Poirier vs. Hooker

He looked amazing against Max, but, as you said, Max agreed to box in close. I still favor him because of the small cage. I also bet 2 units on him, don't think I'm gonna even this out by betting on Hooker too.
We have to keep in mind that Hooker hasn't fought Poirier-type of fighters, his best wins that far are Iaquinta and Felder (besides of Burns of course, but I don't know what happened that night, Burns wins this 99 times of 100 IMO) , he also lost to Barboza and Yair, two very competent fighters but not on the level of Poirier.
Max has no ko power but he is a feather Tony Ferguson with his pressure and volume. It was a good match up for Dustin, Hooker has underrated ko power so he might finish Dustin like MJ

Just one noob question: can we know in advance when the opening of the odds take place, I always come late and catch the fighters at shitty odds? (I caught Poirier at -200 while he opened at -169 for instance...)
Just get on a bookie that has the odds out the fastest. Betonline is usually one of the first ones to get lines out.

Well for those who saw my message on gsp being +135 in ufc 3 simulation and I was stoked. He tried to take bj penn down and was stuffed and submitted via limits in 30 seconds lol. Prime 28 year old BJ penn. I should’ve known better hahaha. Marlon Moraes submitted Tj Dillashaw prior fight as well......

Did you see Miranda against Pearl Gonzalez. Very dominant performance and Pearl is superior to Borella, imo.

I expect Miranda to dominate her from the top and for Borella to give her neck up mid round 2.
I did, as I was writing that actually. Nothing in that fight made me think that Miranda will dominate Borella, much less finish her.

Everyone counting out Gall...have we all not learned that fight IQ matters?

When Perry drops him and dives into Mickey's guard and gets tapped by triangle choke...I hope anyone that paid -275 or whatever on Platinum realizes that they did it to themselves haha.

Gall is tough if nothing else and can take chances with his grappling because he likely doesn't care if he ends up on his back.

(For the record, I absolutely favor Perry and those who got -150, well done. But betting a flake like him at current odds...no way.)

I get your point but I don't think Perry is a flake. He beat Brazilian Cowboy and had split decisions with Vicente Luque and Felder. He isn't a top 5 fighter but he is a legit dude who has been in there with serious competition.

Gall on the other hand recently lost to a 38 year old Diego Sanchez. Grappling is supposed to be Gall's bread and butter and he got outworked in the clinch by Sanchez.

I don't want to get too deep into MMA math as it isn't that relevant but Gall doesn't have any real notable wins on his record in the UFC.

I am not looking to unload on Perry who now sits at -325 on 5d but I do think he absolutely smashes Gall. People forget how vicious Perry is since more recently he has fought better competition so he hasn't been steam rolling people as much. I think we see a resurgence of 2016/2017 Perry here with a quick finish.

Rare situation where seeing the faceoff and weigh ins will heavily play into my read on the fight.

This Daukas- Allen has potential upset material. After analyse its dog or pass, Daukas has good grappling too, undefeated and Allen lost against such a bum like Anthony Hernandez.
Take that to consideration

EDIT: I watched tape on Woodson, holy fook dude is thin like a man after divorce. He should fight at lw.
Its dog or pass imo.
Woodson is no parlay material and his ml is juiced
kyle had a good chance against woodson, erosa not so much.

I see people are betting on UFC 3 simulations. What I think would be fun is if we could bet on 2 celebrities playing video games. Like say Joe Rogan was high af and he was playing against Derrick Lewis at UFC 3 or really any video game. I would totally watch and bet on that shit. Someone needs to get on this. People would tune in.

I get your point but I don't think Perry is a flake. He beat Brazilian Cowboy and had split decisions with Vicente Luque and Felder. He isn't a top 5 fighter but he is a legit dude who has been in there with serious competition.

Gall on the other hand recently lost to a 38 year old Diego Sanchez. Grappling is supposed to be Gall's bread and butter and he got outworked in the clinch by Sanchez.

I don't want to get too deep into MMA math as it isn't that relevant but Gall doesn't have any real notable wins on his record in the UFC.

I am not looking to unload on Perry who now sits at -325 on 5d but I do think he absolutely smashes Gall. People forget how vicious Perry is since more recently he has fought better competition so he hasn't been steam rolling people as much. I think we see a resurgence of 2016/2017 Perry here with a quick finish.

Rare situation where seeing the faceoff and weigh ins will heavily play into my read on the fight.

That Sanchez fight Gall had that thing (some R word I can't remember) where his kidneys were literally shutting down leading up to the fight. He shouldn't have fought. Spent like 8 days in the hospital right after the fight due to it.

I don't think anything should be taken from that fight looking back. He was an absolute corpse about 2 minutes in.

That Sanchez fight Gall had that thing (some R word I can't remember) where his kidneys were literally shutting down leading up to the fight. He shouldn't have fought. Spent like 8 days in the hospital right after the fight due to it.

I don't think anything should be taken from that fight looking back. He was an absolute corpse about 2 minutes in.
ZdPp28l.jpg

Oh yeah I forgot about something like that going on. As my capping evolves I do try to always take grappling into account as I think it is the most important aspect as it determines where the fight takes place when implemented properly - just look at Maia and Khabib. Grapplers can often find the upset, either by sub or by grinding to a decision.

If the fight makes it to past 1.5 rounds then I think Perry could find himself in trouble if Gall starts getting his grappling game going. I think the real danger for Gall is the first 3-4 minutes of the fight. After that if Gall is still around the odds get much closer to even IMO.

Oh yeah I forgot about something like that going on. As my capping evolves I do try to always take grappling into account as I think it is the most important aspect as it determines where the fight takes place when implemented properly - just look at Maia and Khabib. Grapplers can often find the upset, either by sub or by grinding to a decision.

If the fight makes it to past 1.5 rounds then I think Perry could find himself in trouble if Gall starts getting his grappling game going. I think the real danger for Gall is the first 3-4 minutes of the fight. After that if Gall is still around the odds get much closer to even IMO.

Yeah and I don't want to make it sound like I favor Gall either. Perry should box Gall up if he's on his game and fights smart. But...there's SO many red flags with Perry. And yeah, if Gall can get the fight to the mat he has the edge for sure.

God damn, I feel like Perry should destroy Gall but this is a giant red flag.

Yep and if you've seen recent interviews he just seems way off. Even more than before.

God damn, I feel like Perry should destroy Gall but this is a giant red flag.

I feel like Perry is doing a fine troll job (even with that thumbs up thumbnail) but unfortunately it seems like he is 100% serious.

Yep and if you've seen recent interviews he just seems way off. Even more than before.
Yup. His weird ass camp with his 22 year old girlfriend as his trainer, his weird beef with Darren Till who has trolled the shit out of him and seemed to have broken his thin, damn near not existant, level of sanity plus the story of how he got the wounds that he had posted on the picture on Instagram:

Just feels like he is going to try and wing punches early to KO Gall. If that doesn't happen, I could see him getting tired and submitted with where his head has been at.

Anyone know where I can find brahimajs lfa fights, specifically his two losses?

Yup. His weird ass camp with his 22 year old girlfriend as his trainer, his weird beef with Darren Till who has trolled the shit out of him and seemed to have broken his thin, damn near not existant, level of sanity plus the story of how he got the wounds that he had posted on the picture on Instagram:

Just feels like he is going to try and wing punches early to KO Gall. If that doesn't happen, I could see him getting tired and submitted with where his head has been at.

You talking about this clip of his hand? If so apparently it's an older video.

Back