UFC on ESPN 14: Whittaker vs. Till

I like till. Gonna be a striking battle. He looked good in his debut at mw. Gastelum is a legit opponent and he pretty much nullified him. I really think whittaker overachieved. Not hating...he's a good fighter, lot of heart. We'll see

I like till. Gonna be a striking battle. He looked good in his debut at mw. Gastelum is a legit opponent and he pretty much nullified him. I really think whittaker overachieved. Not hating...he's a good fighter, lot of heart. We'll see
Agree, leaning Till and I used to shit on the guy a lot.

Not to put too much stock in one fight, but he showed me a lot in the Gastelum fight. Good angles, didn't take dumb chances, etc.

Need to watch a little more tape but for sure initial lean is Till.

Idk dudes. KG didn't do much against Till and I think Whittaker will be the busiest dude Till has fought. Till doesn't win rounds unless he lands something big. Rob also has a clinch advantage, wrestling advantage, conditioning advantage BUT a massive MASSIVE durability disadvantage. Almost an hour of cage time with Yoel and recent brutal ko loss after getting dropped badly....my boy might be shopworn upstairs.

Should Grundy really be a +200 underdog?

Shogun retire two years ago. Dont training and live for family. Im huge fan this guy but the value is on Nogueira. Craig almost Ko Rua...
I agree. I think the odds should be a lot closer than they are. Value is definitely on Lil Nog.

Yes - Lil Nog is 44, but Shogun arguably has more fight mileage/wear and tear. He's also not some spring chicken at 38. Getting lit up by Craig in round 1 also isn't a good look. Both fights against Lil Nog were not easy wins for Shogun, and I'd argue that Lil Nog has more motivation to win this fight. Nobody wants to go 0-3 against another fighter.

70a7c806004865b88b2a94a39f1df6ac.png

I'm in 2 minds about whether or not to cash this out.

I feel like Nog at 44 is going to be moving in slow motion. Obviously Shogun is washed as well but I don't see how he loses, especially if he decides to grapple.

Any thoughts? I'm 50/50 atm, because it would genuinely hurt if Shogun lost to a 44 year old Nogueira.

I would cash it out if I were you dude.

Shogun is one of my all time favourites but the level he's fighting at nowadays I would be both very upset but very unsurprised if Nog caught him with something.

... Will it? Rob is a solid wrestler and Woodley exposed that part of Till's game
Grappling was also Rob's greatest advantage over Izzy, and he never even tried to use it. I think his grappling is a fallback, and doesn't get programmed proactively into his gameplan.

Idk dudes. KG didn't do much against Till and I think Whittaker will be the busiest dude Till has fought. Till doesn't win rounds unless he lands something big. Rob also has a clinch advantage, wrestling advantage, conditioning advantage BUT a massive MASSIVE durability disadvantage. Almost an hour of cage time with Yoel and recent brutal ko loss after getting dropped badly....my boy might be shopworn upstairs.

That's the biggest thing for me...Rob got shopworn FAST imo. It's too bad because he's one of the coolest guys in MMA. Meanwhile I think Till is kind of a dick. So my heart is with Rob for sure. But my head says Till. I think the cardio edge may not be much, Till slowed a lot in the past due to cutting an absurd amount of weight.

In a battle of fighters who have both basically retired already, do we think Gustafson or Werdum gives less of a shit about MMA?

werdum. But I like him by sub if it’s +400 or more. Not liking much here. Maybe taking Mosvar but -245 is steep.

Last edited:
Back