UFC on ESPN+ 22 Blachowicz vs Jacare

How would you know? You don't know that, maybe it does, maybe it doesn't but you have no proof of research to say either way so pipe down.
I have played football all my life and at a pretty high level when I was younger, I can also kick a ball pretty far, however i am pretty sure i dont have hard leg kicks lol, it is more technique than anything.

Lol playing football doesnt give you hard leg kicks.
Not automatically no. Don't think it is reaching to assume that football(soccer for me but w/e) a sport that depends heavily on coordinated footwork and kicking could translate to brazilian mma especially given the sports popularity in the region.
Who knows might just give Brazilian mma a "leg up"........ alright I'll see myself out on that one.

I like Arroyo too here, but I'm concern about the kicking game, it is the strong part of Arroyo game, but also a weakness agains Muniz, because is a easy way to take him down and go for the grappling the strong part of Muniz game and I have no seen enough of arroyo groundgame, will he survive? go back to the feets?

I like Arroyo too here, but I'm concern about the kicking game, it is the strong part of Arroyo game, but also a weakness agains Muniz, because is a easy way to take him down and go for the grappling the strong part of Muniz game and I have no seen enough of arroyo groundgame, will he survive? go back to the feets?
He could catch a kick, but arroyo is quick with them and throws them hard. I may have to watch again to see if they’re telegraphed at all

catching kicks into tds, especially kicks like arroyo is throwing is pretty difficult on a 185er.

I also don’t think the fight is over if it goes to the ground. Muniz went to decision with Bruno on the Brazil contender series. They were on the ground multiple times during the fight

but they also trained together and fight pass only had highlights of the fight

I have played football all my life and at a pretty high level when I was younger, I can also kick a ball pretty far, however i am pretty sure i dont have hard leg kicks lol, it is more technique than anything.
How many concussions have u taken

I really cannot stand Paul Craig, but +225 is nuts against the shadow of Rua.

Anybody have any strong feelings about Cortez, or Turman? Turman is one of my favorites so far lose or not he showed alot of experience for his age against Karl Roberson, I really think he dictates the pace here.
From the commentary in Cortez's last fight I heard something something dead brother and that she is a long time training partner of Henry Cejudo.
The King of cringe maybe annoying but there are worse training partners to have.

Also, need to watch tape, but I like Trinaldos chances against Bobby Green.

Found a few picks I like so far.
Cortez, Ramos, Turman, and Muniz, still working on a few more but I'll likely have something on them all.
Strangers from around the world feel free to tell me how bad my my calls are. Or if we are talking sitcoms I'm was more of a 3's company guy, Jack Tripper you dirty dog you.

Nice I like all four plays, though I'm passing on Turman.

Yo anyone got a line on Barao coming in fat? 138 against Sanders and 141 against Ewell, looks like his Sterling bout was a catch weight at 140 too.
I have to think he has trouble cutting to BW might wait to see how he looks on the scale before I go big against the beefy Barao.

This is at 145

This is at 145
Thanks man, what makes you want to pass on Turman? Feeling better about him than I am Cortez (probably just the location and weight class jump though)
Perez doesn't seem like the high volume type. All the trouble he had with Sanchez really makes me think Turman can set the pace and get it with grappling pressure and cardio.

Didn't realize the Barao bout was a FW appreciate that, Google still had it showing at 135.

Thanks man, what makes you want to pass on Turman? Feeling better about him than I am Cortez (probably just the location and weight class jump though)
Perez doesn't seem like the high volume type. All the trouble he had with Sanchez really makes me think Turman can set the pace and get it with grappling pressure and cardio.

Didn't realize the Barao bout was a FW appreciate that, Google still had it showing at 135.

I don't usually like betting fights with wild cards like Perez, he's also been at ATT for a couple camps now.

What do you like about Muniz?

I'm seeing a guy who got blasted by a southpaw (Arroyo stance switches a lot). And a guy who subs low level fighters. Or meme's around with a terrible-looking Assis recently.
If Muniz can catch kicks and keep him down, he might get somewhere here but his actual TDs look low level though. Cage pushing won't/shouldn't score for Muniz.

Thinking Arroyo out-volumes him in the neighbourhood of 3-1 and kicks his legs and body to hell. Actually wouldn't surprise me if Arroyo is the one who finds more top control time.

I see a levels fight where Muniz presents a sub threat, but not much more.

What do you like about Muniz?

I'm seeing a guy who got blasted by a southpaw (Arroyo stance switches a lot). And a guy who subs low level fighters. Or meme's around with a terrible-looking Assis recently.
If Muniz can catch kicks and keep him down, he might get somewhere here but his actual TDs look low level though. Cage pushing won't/shouldn't score for Muniz.

Thinking Arroyo out-volumes him in the neighbourhood of 3-1 and kicks his legs and body to hell. Actually wouldn't surprise me if Arroyo is the one who finds more top control time.

I see a levels fight where Muniz presents a sub threat, but not much more.

Everyone's judging Muniz based off that Assis fight, but he's a judo and BJJ blackbelt as well as friend/training partner. Muniz has really high level BJJ and does well to corral opponents to the cage where he has a surprisingly quick shot. His hands aren't half bad and he pressures well when needed.

Arroyo sells this illusion of having a ground game, exploiting non-grapplers on the mat but I think he gets exposed pretty quick here. He's very kick heavy with no hands to set them up, Regman caught 3 kicks, hitting TDs off 2. The one grappler he fought in Herdem instasubbed him. He backs up straight to the cage and his balance doesn't look great.

If Arroyo is dumb enough to get on top of Muniz he's getting half guard swept pretty quick. I too see a levels fight where Muniz shows Arroyo you need more than kicks at this level.

Also worth noting this is Arroyo's fourth scheduled opponent, and none were a similar style, Kevin Holland to Trevin Giles, to Allesio Di Chirico, to Muniz. The only worse style match up I can think of for Arroyo is an elite wrestler.

Everyone's judging Muniz based off that Assis fight, but he's a judo and BJJ blackbelt as well as friend/training partner. Muniz has really high level BJJ and does well to corral opponents to the cage where he has a surprisingly quick shot. His hands aren't half bad and he pressures well when needed.

Arroyo sells this illusion of having a ground game, exploiting non-grapplers on the mat but I think he gets exposed pretty quick here. He's very kick heavy with no hands to set them up, Regman caught 3 kicks, hitting TDs off 2. The one grappler he fought in Herdem instasubbed him. He backs up straight to the cage and his balance doesn't look great.

If Arroyo is dumb enough to get on top of Muniz he's getting half guard swept pretty quick. I too see a levels fight where Muniz shows Arroyo you need more than kicks at this level.

Also worth noting this is Arroyo's fourth scheduled opponent, and none were a similar style, Kevin Holland to Trevin Giles, to Allesio Di Chirico, to Muniz. The only worse style match up I can think of for Arroyo is an elite wrestler.
Regman caught those kicks but, without really having anything to back this up, I do rate him as a better athlete than Muniz. Just a visual comparison by me, nothing more, really. I know it's Herb Dean, but he does stand up Muniz a few times in his fight against Assis so it's not like he's a game-over beast on top. I'm not sure I have the technical know-how to really rate Arroyo's get-ups against Regman, but he did get up.

Henrique backing him up basically all fight, Arroyo still seemed to throw with volume and venom late so his cardio seems alright. Hard to have an opinion on Muniz' cardio. It seems similar to Arroyo's.

There might be something to the friend angle because, in a discussion elsewhere, I found out Assis went on to sub a high level fighter and we were all perplexed as to how that could happen (other than a Craig-Ankalaev scenario, because of course I had to find a way to bring Paul Craig into the conversation). I didn't take much of anything from the 0:37 armbar and 1:20 KO. Hypocritically, I took something from Muniz getting KO'd fast because buddy was a southpaw and Muniz looked clueless against it. And then a bunch of fast regional subs which are there. It's definitely his thing.

I'm being careful not to totally dismiss Muniz. He can absolutely spaz in there and cause a wobbly TD, into a scramble, and onto his back. The RNC loss for Arroyo is very concerning, yeah.

Regman caught those kicks but, without really having anything to back this up, I do rate him as a better athlete than Muniz. Just a visual comparison by me, nothing more, really. I know it's Herb Dean, but he does stand up Muniz a few times in his fight against Assis so it's not like he's a game-over beast on top. I'm not sure I have the technical know-how to really rate Arroyo's get-ups against Regman, but he did get up.

Henrique backing him up basically all fight, Arroyo still seemed to throw with volume and venom late so his cardio seems alright. Hard to have an opinion on Muniz' cardio. It seems similar to Arroyo's.

There might be something to the friend angle because, in a discussion elsewhere, I found out Assis went on to sub a high level fighter and we were all perplexed as to how that could happen (other than a Craig-Ankalaev scenario, because of course I had to find a way to bring Paul Craig into the conversation). I didn't take much of anything from the 0:37 armbar and 1:20 KO. Hypocritically, I took something from Muniz getting KO'd fast because buddy was a southpaw and Muniz looked clueless against it. And then a bunch of fast regional subs which are there. It's definitely his thing.

I'm being careful not to totally dismiss Muniz. He can absolutely spaz in there and cause a wobbly TD, into a scramble, and onto his back. The RNC loss for Arroyo is very concerning, yeah.

Regman does seem pretty athletic, but he's also a LW striker. Muniz is a beast of a MW. He also trains with Thiago Santos who's a much more vicious kicker. Muniz is easy to underestimate but he'll be one of the best grapplers in the MW division, lifelong grappler that's still competing and winning tournaments, holding a 2nd degree black belt.

Back