UFC on ESPN+ 22 Blachowicz vs Jacare

Regman does seem pretty athletic, but he's also a LW striker. Muniz is a beast of a MW. He also trains with Thiago Santos who's a much more vicious kicker. Muniz is easy to underestimate but he'll be one of the best grapplers in the MW division, lifelong grappler that's still competing and winning tournaments, holding a 2nd degree black belt.

but what about chin? 4 time KO, last one with broken jaw and the wrestling to take it to the ground?

but what about chin? 4 time KO, last one with broken jaw and the wrestling to take it to the ground?

I didn't watch the KOs from his early career a decade ago, but the most recent 50 second KO from 2016 doesn't at all lead me to believe he's chinny. It was a brutal KO, perfectly placed. Muniz seems like a durable dude to me.

Regman does seem pretty athletic, but he's also a LW striker. Muniz is a beast of a MW. He also trains with Thiago Santos who's a much more vicious kicker. Muniz is easy to underestimate but he'll be one of the best grapplers in the MW division, lifelong grappler that's still competing and winning tournaments, holding a 2nd degree black belt.
Again there isn’t all that much to take from the fight but it has to be at least equal parts opportunism from Muniz as well as Johnson fighting like a total idiot. Lol at the corner saying “patience” like 25 times to Johnson there. Haha, apparently he had a different plan.

One more comment on Arroyo-Muniz.

In their fight, the physicality that Herdem brings in there is way higher than we've seen from Muniz. Yes he gets Arroyo down - the first TD is Muniz-esque and Arroyo shows his back to get up, but does indeed get up. Herdem's second TD is sheer brute force. Herdem also has vicious gnp that Muniz simply does not have. Yes he subs him but I don't see Muniz being able to soften him up first like that, at all. And then Arroyo was way too small in there at 205.

edit: Herdem is a true 205-er. Muniz is a big 185, having fought at 205 before, but seems to be caught in the middle of the weight classes a bit.

Last edited:
You can find the full Muniz DWCS fight on youtube btw.

starts 39 mins in

Munzi lacks some technique in going for td's, more likes to push against the cage. Look at his td in round 2, ends up on bottom. His opponent also engaged in the clinching a good bit as well

Last edited:
Researched main event, more confident in Jan. Rewatched the fights with Clark and Anderson. Took both guys down which is impressive, we have seen Jacare of his back v Hermanson. Initially stuffed Andersons takedowns as well but as he got gassed had no chance. Nobody has the relentless pace of Anderson in that division, plus Jans cardio has improved.

Comes down to striking I feel, Jacare relies a lot on plodding forward and eating one to give one, eventually overwhelming the opponent. Worked on Gastelum, Waidman and even Hermanson in the later rounds depsite him being gassed. The worry here is Jans deffence is decent, he tries to get out of the big shots, he was relatively evasive against Thiago and Manuwa in the rematch, and when he counters, he throws a brutal left hook and uppercut. After seeing Jacares chin against Hermanson, dosent fill me with confidence. I think this could still be a close striking battle, but Jacare likes to eat shots so ima side with Jan.

Jan and Craig parlay 300 to win 1400 that's all I'm going near with this one

Researched main event, more confident in Jan. Rewatched the fights with Clark and Anderson. Took both guys down which is impressive, we have seen Jacare of his back v Hermanson. Initially stuffed Andersons takedowns as well but as he got gassed had no chance. Nobody has the relentless pace of Anderson in that division, plus Jans cardio has improved.

Comes down to striking I feel, Jacare relies a lot on plodding forward and eating one to give one, eventually overwhelming the opponent. Worked on Gastelum, Waidman and even Hermanson in the later rounds depsite him being gassed. The worry here is Jans deffence is decent, he tries to get out of the big shots, he was relatively evasive against Thiago and Manuwa in the rematch, and when he counters, he throws a brutal left hook and uppercut. After seeing Jacares chin against Hermanson, dosent fill me with confidence. I think this could still be a close striking battle, but Jacare likes to eat shots so ima side with Jan.
Jan looked tired after r1 with Rockhold

Getting more into Brown vs Alves.
I'll take a little stab at the "Rudeboy" Brown as a small dog.
Everyone thought Bam Bam would nuke him, I think I even tailed that one. Still he showed alot of striking skill and range control. Probably only going a unit or two on the chance he has learned to check a leg kick.
He does do a smart job using his solid boxing and size. He listened to his corner after r2 with Barberena and avoided grappling in r3. Pieced Barb. up through his guard and blasted him with a walk off liver shot, I like his striking iq at least.
Then Bisping's blind ass said "Andre Ewell everybody"
I know the man has one eye but damn it's on his shorts lol

Last edited:
Starts R3 and the over in Jacare-Jan very interesting. Both incredibly durable fighters.

Shogun has been rocked in almost all of his recent fights

no reason to think Paul cant hurt him striking

Just out of curiosity what do you see in Craig's PTV? Another sub off his back?

I see Craig taking a page out of Anthony Smiths playbook and trying to finish Shogun early by club and sub. He’s aggressive and after going 2-2 in his last 4, I don’t think he wants to leave it to the Brazilian judges to get a decision win.

Back