UFC on ESPN+ 27 Benavidez vs Figueiredo

First minute or so the man meantioned almost every reason I bet him.
I know his price isn't the best but I think Violent Bob has every chance to paint the canvas

His footwork isn't great but unlike most guys with tall man defense he keeps that left close to the chin.

Attachments

• images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
First minute or so the man meantioned almost every reason I bet him.
I know his price isn't the best but I think Violent Bob has every chance to paint the canvas

His footwork isn't the best but unlike most guys with tall man defense he keeps that left close to the chin.

Yea I'v seen better striking every time we've seen Louis Pena. Don't see any reason to believe it won't improve again.

Ha hopefully I'll get by without an oxygen tank. Cheapest tickets I could find. Looks like I'll be in 108 to the right of the media look for the goofy mick in the green Felder shirt and paddy hat lol.
Any do's and don't you know of? So far my supply list includes pocket flask.

Bring ear plugs, I've been to 12 or 13 shows and it's always deafening. Bring a flask, tmobile in Vegas charges $18 for a 22 oz beer ( should be cheaper) and watch for fighters walking around the venue for pics. And get ready to get a chill when the play the who's babe Reilly montage

Anyone else more confident Brendan Allen can get it done versus a guy with mental health/confidence issues, an injury that forced a long layoff as well as personal issues that caused him to withdraw from a fight the day before?

Allen has a newborn and seems highly confident and motivated. Breese doesn’t impress me much either and I feel like Allen’s submission skills are a real threat for Breese here.

stylistically speaking, breese should destroy brendan allen. speaking to someone from team renegade, i'm hearing breese is in good shape both mentlally and physically.

When has Brady ever shown an effective pressure boxing game people are implying he has? He couldn't cut the cage off vs regional cans and was backed up all fight by McGee.

Anyone else more confident Brendan Allen can get it done versus a guy with mental health/confidence issues, an injury that forced a long layoff as well as personal issues that caused him to withdraw from a fight the day before?

Allen has a newborn and seems highly confident and motivated. Breese doesn’t impress me much either and I feel like Allen’s submission skills are a real threat for Breese here.

Grappling/BJJ is a wash. Breese competed in Metamoris and has also trained with Danaher/Tonon so he is savvy with leg locks. I think Breese is mainly known for boxing so people assume his grappling is weak.

I went for the cheap seats so I probably won't get a chance but I'll keep an eye out, I'll at least try to snap a few pictures.
Appreciate the heads up I'll probably stab something on her points handicap
Even the cheap seats are hella fun man. Glad to see you’re going. It’s a different experience seeing it firsthand.

Just remember to have a drink beforehand. Once you’re in you’ll have to sell a kidney if you want a beer lol

My fave bet of the card is Breese. Despite having mental issues he is a very good fighter. Skill wise he is the same or better in grappling and worlds apart in boxing.

We are getting a great price on Breese.
What are his mental issues?

Grappling/BJJ is a wash. Breese competed in Metamoris and has also trained with Danaher/Tonon so he is savvy with leg locks. I think Breese is mainly known for boxing so people assume his grappling is weak.

Breese has never attempted a takedown in the ufc. That stat kinda blew my mind. 170 pound Nakamura took him down and progressed to mount very quickly. At one point nak almost subbed him with a omoplata. Yeah Breese landed some low percentage sweeps, but against a modern top game player like allen I don't know if he can depend on those to bail him out. Allen's grappling has been much more impressive from what I have seen in actual fights, his details and positional control and takedowns. My lean is that allen will have a grappling advantage he clearly has the takedown advantage.

Breese has some accolades, but he has never shown a great ground game to my eyes, beating some Europeans and training with some dudes isn't enough for me to assume his level.

In that Nakamura fight Breeze slowed down big time, Nakamuras relentless pressure got to him towards the end of the second and he was controlled the majority of the 3rd. Allen is bigger and stronger than Nak and he has a much more modern gappling game + more power in his strikes than nak and has some nasty knees in the clinch.

Breese is the more technical striker, but I expect allen to be in his face the whole fight negating that advantage. I feel he will be the more relentless fighter with if rumors are true, a better chin.

Random notes: breese in a new camp, not with zahabi any more. He owns the camp which is a red flag for me.

James Krause has been hinting he can fill in late at 185 pounds so let's see if breese even shows up.

Breese has never attempted a takedown in the ufc. That stat kinda blew my mind. 170 pound Nakamura took him down and progressed to mount very quickly. At one point nak almost subbed him with a omoplata. Yeah Breese landed some low percentage sweeps, but against a modern top game player like allen I don't know if he can depend on those to bail him out. Allen's grappling has been much more impressive from what I have seen in actual fights, his details and positional control and takedowns. My lean is that allen will have a grappling advantage he clearly has the takedown advantage.

Breese has some accolades, but he has never shown a great ground game to my eyes, beating some Europeans and training with some dudes isn't enough for me to assume his level.

In that Nakamura fight Breeze slowed down big time, Nakamuras relentless pressure got to him towards the end of the second and he was controlled the majority of the 3rd. Allen is bigger and stronger than Nak and he has a much more modern gappling game + more power in his strikes than nak and has some nasty knees in the clinch.

Breese is the more technical striker, but I expect allen to be in his face the whole fight negating that advantage. I feel he will be the more relentless fighter with if rumors are true, a better chin.

Random notes: breese in a new camp, not with zahabi any more. He owns the camp which is a red flag for me.

James Krause has been hinting he can fill in late at 185 pounds so let's see if breese even shows up.
Not saying Breese is amazing but Allens positional grappling is a mess, he got himself mangled against Holland attempting stupid leg locks, jumping awful guillotines, basically pulled mount at one point. Breese leg lock sweeps and his other tools should work fine on someone with such weak control, half the time Allen will put himself on his back for you with one of his low percentage sub attempts. Idk how you could have any faith in him maintaining position the guys fight IQ is terrible.

Team Renegade is also very legit with Leon Edwards and others, he's been there a long time. They also have a ton of good training partners in the area especially grappling with the Gracie Barra Birmingham.

Also the Nakamura fight was at 170 where he had a brutal weight cut and it was 4 years ago, not to mention K-taro is a decently credentialed grappler and Breese instantly swept him. Allen might be able to hit TDs but he's not a particularly good wrestler, he wades forward with no defence then tries to sloppily drag people down in the clinch. He might eventually be able to get Breese to fade but he likely takes a huge amount of punishment first and even if Breese fades good luck hoping for him to not randomly jump a guillotine, roll for a leg lock etc.

All of Holland's fights I've ever seen are a scramble fest, imo he had Holland who is a good grappler himself uncomfortable in every position on the ground. To me that's just a guy who knows hes better on the mat than his opponent. His takedown and back attacks were very very slick. Every single second Allen is attacking or improving position. You have to look at what each guy is actually doing, Allen dominated Holland on the mat. Don't worry about him jumping guillotines, breese has never even attempted a takedown. Allen has spent his entire career positionally dominating guys, I don't think that gets negated because he fell off Holland's back once. I would say that hes a young guy with some questionable fight iq, and that's a worry. But that's balanced out by his willpower and relentlessness. Breeze is historically the biggest pussy ever in the ufc, who has fought nobodies, and his only fight in 4 years is against an old man.

Well, we have very different takes on the Nak fight, you think Breeze instantly swept Nak. I would say Nak instantly passed Breese's guard and got to mount in the 1st, in the 2nd almost subbed him with a omoplata, in the third he positionally controlled him, those are real bad signs for me up a weight class against a better grappler.

stylistically speaking, breese should destroy brendan allen. speaking to someone from team renegade, i'm hearing breese is in good shape both mentlally and physically.

Appreciate the insight. I’m still more confident in Allen having heard that. We’ll find out on Saturday what version of Breese shows up. Good luck

WTF, again? I like him, but showing up without prep. @ 185 vs. not complete cans is not good for your health. He is small even for 170!

I actually liked both @Jordan3399 and @AffectEffect posts. You've both bringed out good points IMO. I agree with Affect that Beeze is a pussy who fought nobodies, but Allen takes a lot of punches standing up and Breeze has fast hands and is a good rangy boxer. But I also shall point out that pretty looking boxing without solid footwork and TDD often gets people in a messy, close fights.

I can easily see this ending in a split.

I think people are selling Allen a little short on the fight IQ. Yeah he went too high and lost position trying to take Hollands back but he corrected that position in the second round and used it to finish.
Almost immediately he got Holland down in r1 and just turned it into a gritty grappling match, I really like how he never really settles into position.
Normally I don't like the submission over position type guys but I think that's more Allen being a little raw, early Holland elbow probably didn't help either.
If Breese doesn't knock him out I hope he isnt claustrophobic because Allen will probably spend 15mins trying smother him. Small in on All in dog Allen.

29-28 isn't an easy decision. He was getting lit up 2nd half of fight when it shouldn't have even been close, it was slightly alarming.

This is another rewrite of history. On 5dimes, McGee +3.5 opened at -195 and closed at -240 with +160 to +180 on the Brady side. How was this fight not supposed to be close? He wasn't a huge favorite.

Back