PBP UFC on ESPN 48 - Strickland vs. Magomedov: Official PBP Discussion: Sat. 7/1 at 4pm ET

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Morales looked strong throughout. Good prospect.

This card is improbably good apart from the wmma match … such strong matchmaking, better than most ppvs recently.

Poor Max

GDKy4jg.gif

Good fight way to pass a test. Really took over in rounds 2 and 3. He's only 24 big upside. Should probably hang around fighting people at this level for the next 2-3 fights or so regardless of wins and losses so he can continue to improve

Pretty clear the production crew got the note to push Morales. I'm not mad about it. But maybe be a little less obvious, lol.

I want to see Michel Pereira vs Morales

Eh not really , he's relatively young and got skill and extreme athleticism
Don't confuse athleticism for skill, his offense is really basic. No where to go in the stacked WW division. He'll be humbled soon.

He’s one to keep an eye on. I don’t think he’s a contender yet but you have to remember this kid just turned 24.

Can someone send Morales to Connecticut to train striking with Pereira. This kid with some leg kicks and jabs, using that range and athleticism would be fucking absurd. Great performance by the kid against a well traveled, seasoned veteran who could scheme his way to a win and isn't a bad athlete himself.

2-1 Morales.
Imagining him working with Alex and Glover makes him sound like a really scary prospect

Let's get right to Strickland getting flatlined please. No need for promo

Morales' speed is freaky. You can really see it when he tries jump shit.

Pretty clear the production crew got the note to push Morales. I'm not mad about it. But maybe be a little less obvious, lol.

Well this was 100% a star making setup with a gatekeeper, zero doubt. Enough to push his development and his exposure but not derail him.

Lots of people shitting on a 24 year old undefeated fighter for being cocky?

Really? Isn't everybody cocky at 24? And the vast majority of 24 y/o aren't super athletic undefeated cage fighters...

Back