UFC on ESPN+: Edgar v Munhoz

Anyone else considering a unit or two on Agapova Dobson under 1.5 @-150?

Agapova has 3 consecutive first round finishes and Dobson was finished with an uppercut in round 1 in her last fight LoL.

feel like this might be a great bet here, am I off?

Do that shit

It's crazy to me that Edgar is an underdog here. If he's not depleted at 135 he should win this. Edgar only loses to the best and Munhoz hasn't proven to be of that elite caliber. I think the people betting on Munhoz are just betting on Edgar being washed up and I just think that hasn't been proven yet. Losing against Holloway and KZ isn't anything to be ashamed of

Agapova has 3 consecutive first round finishes and Dobson was finished with an uppercut in round 1 in her last fight LoL.

I've only seen people on Agapova and in the 1st round. Go back through thread Mkess and a few others had some even stronger thoughts on it

It's crazy to me that Edgar is an underdog here. If he's not depleted at 135 he should win this. Edgar only loses to the best and Munhoz hasn't proven to be of that elite caliber. I think the people betting on Munhoz are just betting on Edgar being washed up and I just think that hasn't been proven yet. Losing against Holloway and KZ isn't anything to be ashamed of
how do you see him winning?

how do you see him winning?

Decision most likely. Not saying Edgar will definitely win but this is a lot more even than people think. This is basically the fight that'll show us if Edgar is still the guy to outclass journeymen and gatekeepers or not

How confident are Lemos backers? Just looking at the last fight between her and Inoue, are y'all that confident Inoue doesn't just outpoint Lemos for 3 rounds?

I was in on Lemos +150 as I saw an even fight. Lines reflect that now. Im still on Lemos but not confident at all... really think MENIFIELD is the easy $ this week. Should destroy OSP

Yes, and I wish I'd have only played this instead of Agapova Rd 1 at -130. The u1.5 has more value for sure.

Shit, Menifield was one of my bigger bets on this card, now I'm going to have to chase some true degen shit

Decision most likely. Not saying Edgar will definitely win but this is a lot more even than people think. This is basically the fight that'll show us if Edgar is still the guy to outclass journeymen and gatekeepers or not

Also he's cutting to a lower weight than he ever has. Calling Munhoz a gatekeeper or journeyman...hmm. He blasted a former champ that's now fighting for another belt fight before last. I think you're underselling Pedro a bit here.

Damn, this card is almost as bad regarding the cancellations and covids as that shit show a little while back.

tenor.gif

Also he's cutting to a lower weight than he ever has. Calling Munhoz a gatekeeper or journeyman...hmm. He blasted a former champ that's now fighting for another belt fight before last. I think you're underselling Pedro a bit here.

Yes he beat Cody in a wild brawl and came out as the lucky one. I don't think you can point to that victory when trying to make an argument for him being elite. There was nothing technical or brilliant about that KO. Cody fought like an idiot that fight. I think everyone will agree with that. I wouldn't say he's a journeyman but I also wouldn't say he's someone who has a real chance of ever winning the belt.

Yes he beat Cody in a wild brawl and came out as the lucky one. I don't think you can point at that victory when trying to make an argument for him being elite. There was nothing technical or brilliant about that KO. Cody fought like an idiot that fight. I think everyone will agree with that. I wouldn't say he's a journeyman but I also wouldn't say he's someone who has a real chance of ever winning the belt.

Cody got reckless sure. But did you notice that Munhoz ate the shots that Cody did land easily and wasn't fazed at all? Cody puts guys away and Munhoz walked through those punches. In fact I don't think he's ever been hurt or wobbled. He has a granite chin and he hits like a truck. His cardio seems damn good too, watch the fight vs Brett Johns. Pedro never slowed down at all despite throwing a ton of power shots. Only the fact that Johns is tough as nails made that fight go the distance.

I do agree that Pedro's footwork isn't amazing. He plods a bit and doesn't set up his punches as well as he could. But his grappling is legit as hell too, his guillotine is scary. Even Sterling didn't want to mess around with trying TD's, and Aljo is obviously a top tier grappler.

Not sure if Munhoz could ever win a belt, but it wouldn't shock me if he got himself into contention for one. He has a skill set that gives most guys big problems.

he got KO’d by Ortega (LOL) and Zombie at 145. You think his chin gets stronger dropping to 135 for the first time in his life? Terrible idea.

he got KO’d by Ortega (LOL) and Zombie at 145. You think his chin gets stronger dropping to 135 for the first time in his life? Terrible idea.

We'll see tonight. So far Ortega's only loss is to Holloway so I don't know where this notion that Ortega sucks comes from and KZ is at that top level even though he did get caught by Yair with an elbow out of nowhere.

We'll see tonight. So far Ortega's only loss is to Holloway so I don't know where this notion that Ortega sucks comes from and KZ is at that top level even though he did get caught by Yair with an elbow out of nowhere.

It's not losing to T City. It's being KO'd like that by him. Ortega has never been known as a guy who's putting guys away with his striking.

Edit: I just realized that I'm coming across as shitting on Frankie, which I don't want to do. The guy is a legend and I probably respect him as much as any fighter ever. But...father Time is undefeated.

It's not losing to T City. It's being KO'd like that by him. Ortega has never been known as a guy who's putting guys away with his striking.

That's true. That was one hell of an uppercut though. Torpedoed him into the air as if it was a SpaceX Rocket Launch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back