UFC on FOX 20: Holly Holm vs. Valentina Shevchenko PBP (Discussion)

anyone find it strange how holly is horrible at using her range?

even tho she is tall she fights small.

how can you be so much taller and not throw a jab?

That tripped me out during this fight to watch the one with the reach/height/size disadvantage to be the one who was able to find her range and land, while Holly was finding nothing but air and honestly got outclassed. Valentina is a much better striker by a lot ... but I knew this.

Holm could have won this fight with a different gameplan...

She chose to be the aggressor in this fight, despite having a good reach advantage and a good long kicking game.

She could have made it a more boring fight, refusing to go forwards, forcing Val to try and work to get inside, meanwhile hitting oblique kicks and side kicks to the body for 5 rds.

That tripped me out during this fight to watch the one with the reach/height/size disadvantage to be the one who was able to find her range and land, while Holly was finding nothing but air and honestly got outclassed. Valentina is a much better striker by a lot ... but I knew this.
It was surprising, but not too surprising. Most MMA fighters sucks at utilizing height and reach advantages. This was also a HUGE difference in this fight. I just thought Holly would do better at it than she did.

The loss motivated her. Her next opponent is getting hurt.

Unless Holm's next opponent is Ronda, that's not happening. She looked one way VS Ronda, and another way against everyone else. Plus she's in her late 30s now. I know women in their late 30s are actually younger than men the same age, but reflexes slow down over time regardless of gender.

My thinking was 2,3,4 for Valentina and I gave Holly round 5....probably out of sympathy because I think she's awesome. The numbers don't really back me up on it.
yeah valentina was just getting the better of most exchanges. I don't think round 5 was close, either. would have to rewatch anyway cause I got into a nice in-play bet on Valentina and kept cheering hard for her after that, so maybe I got a little biased too.

UFC has a new star.
valentina-shevchenko-soho-5-938x525.jpg
Christ I would berry my

The fact that she can really fight make it super sexy for me
Occasionally that works, but not in her case. She looks like what really shows up when you ordered a mail order bride, and were expecting a tall model type.

Anyone know how she ended up in Peru? She seems really fluent in Spanish.....not like Cains Spanish which is slightly better than mine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back