UFC on Fox 31 Iaquinta vs Lee II

That was a painful 13 page read, even skimming over most of the awful analysis. Appreciate the shout-out @DevilsPt2 , but yeah you nailed it with a lot of the regular guys talking offline instead of trying to sort through the nonsense. I have three max bets this card, which I don't beleive I have ever done:

Font around -160. This is a horrid matchup for Pettis. I am of the belief he is only moving up since he wants to keep his job and they are getting rid of 125. He is going to be undersized here, that's a fact. He is a flat-footed counter striker who likes to operate just outside of his oppenents range and use his timing and combinations to pour on volume. Problem here is he won't have his usual reach advantage, is facing a extremely talented boxer and has no power. Font's accuracy, power, and shot selection are thoroughly impressive and his wrestling is underrated. I like Font to end this ITD.

KGB at -250. Think she is better everywhere, more athletic, more volume, better grappler, way better in the clinch. JRC also slows and KGB puts on a pace. Clear 30-27 or late finish IMO.

Cummings at -260. Not a ton to say here, smith is just not very good. He will have to grind out 2/3 rounds against a talented wrestler with way better fundamentals and crisp boxing. Cummings has shown great hips, a good sprawl and the ability to dig an underhook and circle out of the clinch which is really all he needs here. Should look similar to Andrew Sanchez vs Smith. I also think the move to 185 is a good one for Cummings as he lacked speed at 170 and was cutting a shit ton of weight, doubt he will be too undersized.

I like Green as well, think odds are well wide, only put .66u on at +245, but will look to hit his decision line as well. Klose calf kicks are the main concern, but green is the better boxer and has underrated wrestling and grappling. Dudes pretty slippery on the mat.

Threw .5u on Griffin +155, seems like a toss-up.

Hit Juan's opener of -265, which I could get like .85u on, think he rolls DLR.

Hoping Silva NSC is decent, will try to max that a few times. Gordon Dec or Silva KO seem like only real likely outcomes. Would've thrown a bit on Silva ML around +200, but his volume is a serious issue.

Going to look into Rodriguez today and then wait for props.

Anyone want to vouch for submission wizard Charles Oliveira? I haven't been betting MMA for too long but I was under the impression he was a once in a generational kind of submission talent/threat, with some question marks around his own durability... He's a moderate favorite here, but should he be?

Anyone want to take a stab at what Andrea Lee ITD will be, and if it's worth playing here?

Anyone want to vouch for submission wizard Charles Oliveira? I haven't been betting MMA for too long but I was under the impression he was a once in a generational kind of submission talent/threat, with some question marks around his own durability... He's a moderate favorite here, but should he be?

I think the fight ends ITD line is safer than Oliveira straight. It's the same price too.

Forgot to mention in my above novel that I am also on Barboza for 1u at +120

Anyone at all concerned with how Lee is mentally after all the shit that happened with her husband?

That was a painful 13 page read, even skimming over most of the awful analysis. Appreciate the shout-out @DevilsPt2 , but yeah you nailed it with a lot of the regular guys talking offline instead of trying to sort through the nonsense. I have three max bets this card, which I don't beleive I have ever done:

Font around -160. This is a horrid matchup for Pettis. I am of the belief he is only moving up since he wants to keep his job and they are getting rid of 125. He is going to be undersized here, that's a fact. He is a flat-footed counter striker who likes to operate just outside of his oppenents range and use his timing and combinations to pour on volume. Problem here is he won't have his usual reach advantage, is facing a extremely talented boxer and has no power. Font's accuracy, power, and shot selection are thoroughly impressive and his wrestling is underrated. I like Font to end this ITD.

KGB at -250. Think she is better everywhere, more athletic, more volume, better grappler, way better in the clinch. JRC also slows and KGB puts on a pace. Clear 30-27 or late finish IMO.

Cummings at -260. Not a ton to say here, smith is just not very good. He will have to grind out 2/3 rounds against a talented wrestler with way better fundamentals and crisp boxing. Cummings has shown great hips, a good sprawl and the ability to dig an underhook and circle out of the clinch which is really all he needs here. Should look similar to Andrew Sanchez vs Smith. I also think the move to 185 is a good one for Cummings as he lacked speed at 170 and was cutting a shit ton of weight, doubt he will be too undersized.

I like Green as well, think odds are well wide, only put .66u on at +245, but will look to hit his decision line as well. Klose calf kicks are the main concern, but green is the better boxer and has underrated wrestling and grappling. Dudes pretty slippery on the mat.

Threw .5u on Griffin +155, seems like a toss-up.

Hit Juan's opener of -265, which I could get like .85u on, think he rolls DLR.

Hoping Silva NSC is decent, will try to max that a few times. Gordon Dec or Silva KO seem like only real likely outcomes. Would've thrown a bit on Silva ML around +200, but his volume is a serious issue.

Going to look into Rodriguez today and then wait for props.

Great post. Like a breath of fresh air. Agree on Font and KGB. They close out a nice parlay for me.

I'm on Cummings here because I think he can keep it standing and beat up Smith standing, but I will say that Cummings is not good off his back. That's my only concern. I know he's a black belt, but he's looked pretty bad anytime that I've seen him on his back.
Even at these odds? Cummings should take it, but not worth the juice imho. Smith could make it an ugly, close fight

Last edited:
Font now with good odds. Im on him. Imo this easy for Font, better striker, wrestling, bigger.
Font ML 1u

After taking a closer look at Gordon vs Silva I'm way more confident in Silva. There is such a big gap in athleticism and physicality here. Gordon is a former 145er, Silva is a massive 155er. Gordon's only UFC wins are over a complete bum in Quinones and the ghost of Hacran Dias, both those guys are 145ers too.

Silva is another one of these counter punchers who can lack volume but I don't think this will be such an issue vs Gordon. A pressure fighter with a high output like Gordon is going to give Silva plenty of opportunities to counter and Silva won't have much choice. Against Pichel it was different because both guys wanted to counter until Silva abandoned the gameplan and decided to just make it a fight in the 3rd round, as soon as he did that he took over the fight easily.

Silva has good TDD and good get ups, he's very athletic and I don't think a guy like Gordon is going to have much success trying to get him down. Gordon is going to pressure like he always does and force Silva to fight him, Silva is a much better striker and he can punch. Gordon's chin got exposed last time, didn't take much to drop him.

Silva also looks like he could be on roids, the guy is a tank.

Now you are acting like a dickhead. You are better than that, Oblivian ;)
(talked about my Kyle man a lot less than you're impling. it's good that my underdog didn't actually won, so you can use it against me ;) )

-Are you handicapped in any way?

After taking a closer look at Gordon vs Silva I'm way more confident in Silva. There is such a big gap in athleticism and physicality here. Gordon is a former 145er, Silva is a massive 155er. Gordon's only UFC wins are over a complete bum in Quinones and the ghost of Hacran Dias, both those guys are 145ers too.

Silva is another one of these counter punchers who can lack volume but I don't think this will be such an issue vs Gordon. A pressure fighter with a high output like Gordon is going to give Silva plenty of opportunities to counter and Silva won't have much choice. Against Pichel it was different because both guys wanted to counter until Silva abandoned the gameplan and decided to just make it a fight in the 3rd round, as soon as he did that he took over the fight easily.

Silva has good TDD and good get ups, he's very athletic and I don't think a guy like Gordon is going to have much success trying to get him down. Gordon is going to pressure like he always does and force Silva to fight him, Silva is a much better striker and he can punch. Gordon's chin got exposed last time, didn't take much to drop him.

Silva also looks like he could be on roids, the guy is a tank.

Wish I taped earlier to play his ML, but holding out hope for a good NSC line. We got Anders NSC around -130 multiple times leading up to the fight. A similar situation would be nice as I would like to get as much down on that as possible.

Watched Milstead/Rodriguez tape. Probably some value on Rodriguez since Milstead doesn't seem to have much interest in using his wrestling, but its a pass for me.

Wish I taped earlier to play his ML, but holding out hope for a good NSC line. We got Anders NSC around -130 multiple times leading up to the fight. A similar situation would be nice as I would like to get as much down on that as possible.

Just a stupid question, NSC means? My book is in a different lenguage

Yeah I came in late on Silva at +145, I should have looked into it earlier.

Silva and Gordon are on different ends of the athletic spectrum, I'll be surprised if Gordon doesn't get KO'd or badly beaten

Back