UFC Orlando: Thompson vs. Holland, Saturday, December 3

He did basically get knocked out from a headbutt by Daukaus. One could argue getting booted in the head by Thompson could cause similar amounts of damage.
Maybe in 2015, Wonderboy's finishing abilities are nonexistent at this point.

Kevin's a pretty fast guy with good timing, so I do wonder if he'll be able to execute on an aging Thompson. Don't have a strong lean here yet.

He did basically get knocked out from a headbutt by Daukaus. One could argue getting booted in the head by Thompson could cause similar amounts of damage.
The human skull is more damaging than a foot, rare instance.

I do have to retract a previous comment and that is Luque and Geoff have the same reach near height as Wonderboy.

But Kevin does have a sizable reach and height advantage. This is a new type of fight for Wonderboy, tallest fighter to date.

I should stop commenting on this fight cause i haven't done any taping so im gonna come back on a later date.

I think Holland is that meme guy too, he has that danger power that carries all the way till the 5th. He wobbled Marvin, and that was marvin making Holland work with wrestling and yet he still carried his power in that 4th round. make no mistake Holland is dangerous like Pareira till the final bell.

You can make the argument tho Wb has only a decision and nothing else, who has really knockout or even Kd Holland? no one at this point.

I think his long seven years is two factors, Luque and Geoff not having the reach, and pinned against grapplers.

Agreed, no argument there. I only think the sub threat is there if Wb gets kd and then Kevin tries to darce choke him.

Yeah and to add: Burns is light years better a bjj player than Holland (world champ vs solid black belt level guy) and Burns never really got close to finishing WB despite having him down for some long stretches. Thompson's sub defense looks very solid for a guy with his background.

The human skull is more damaging than a foot, rare instance.

I do have to retract a previous comment and that is Luque and Geoff have the same reach near height as Wonderboy.

But Kevin does have a sizable reach and height advantage. This is a new type of fight for Wonderboy, tallest fighter to date.

I should stop commenting on this fight cause i haven't done any taping so im gonna come back on a later date.

I wouldn't look at reach so much when you're dealing with someone who's 80% kicks tbh.

I will be in Las Vegas for this card. Send me a private message if you want to meet up and watch it together.

It's not an amazing card, but I see some spots I like, and since the entire card is on regular ESPN, I'll be able to watch it anywhere in Las Vegas this time with no cover charge (I'm thinking about going to Circa, since it will be played for free in their massive sports book area). Also, I will place my bets for UFC 282 one week early while I'm in town for this Thompson vs. Holland card, so that's also nice.

I really like Hermansson at these odds, -150 seems like an absolute steal. I think Brunson is way out the door already and doesn't have the motivation to compete at this level. I think Hermansson takes a fairly easy 30-27 decision here.
Has he said anything about this being his final fight? Anyone know how many fights are left on his contract?

I also don't mind Diakiese at this odds, I know it's a lot of chalk but he will wrestle this one fairly comfortable. People are always saying it's 50-50 with MJ, but he has lost 5 of his last 6 fights. He can look good at periods but he is done in my book.

I really like Hermansson at these odds, -150 seems like an absolute steal. I think Brunson is way out the door already and doesn't have the motivation to compete at this level. I think Hermansson takes a fairly easy 30-27 decision here.
Has he said anything about this being his final fight? Anyone know how many fights are left on his contract?

I also don't mind Diakiese at this odds, I know it's a lot of chalk but he will wrestle this one fairly comfortable. People are always saying it's 50-50 with MJ, but he has lost 5 of his last 6 fights. He can look good at periods but he is done in my book.

Agree on both.

Hermannson was always a grappler and a pretty good one. After the Strickland fight he realized he needed to improve his striking and it was clear he put in the work because vs Curtis (who admittedly looked very pedestrian) Jack looked by far the best he ever has standing. I don't know if I agree that Brunson has mailed it in, I think he is still motivated but he's 38 and looked slower vs Cannonier than I ever remember him looking (other than maybe vs Izzy). I think Jack will simply outwork him here.

Diakiese to his credit has become a good grappler over the years when he realized he needed to. MJ has never improved that part of his game. His hands are always live for a KO but I really doubt Diakiese stands with him very long. Takedown, control, rinse, repeat.

Im taping rowe/price, i see why Price is the favorite, he was whipping Michel Parreira in a close fight, Rowe is not proven enough to be a favorite. On tape tho, Rowe has some fast hands, his long right hand can pose a problem for Price who has a weak guard, walks forward a lot and takes it on the chin. I see why him and Cerone had that kind of fight. Price is the type to bite down on the mouthpiece, and Rowe is the opposite, he follows that boxing mindset, hit and don't get hit. it's a pick em almost, both guys have questionable chins. Logically from previous history alone Price should win it, I've seen Rowe get wobbled and pushed back by questionable fighters. But Phil has that Jalyn Turner vibe, he's competing even when he isn't doing mma and is looking sharper in every fight. I can see Price losing this fight in a close decision, Phil has some decent defensive moves, he knows how to duck under punches and slip and counter better than Price. Price also has some bad stats against heavy hitters like Neal, Luque , Abdul, and was knocked down by Morono. And then the Alex Oliveira fight was kind of close, Alex touched him up a lot in that fight and he is very similar to Rowe in frame.

If im focusing on value , this is a dog or pass and Phil Rowe is the side. I think he's got a bright future beating decent names, has the body type and proper mma gym to get him there.

Daukaus over Anders -200 i assume is safe
Holtz over Guida -160? Guida has to fall off a cliff soon. Guys old and taken a fair bit of damage

Daukaus over Anders -200 i assume is safe
Holtz over Guida -160? Guida has to fall off a cliff soon. Guys old and taken a fair bit of damage

I don't know about Daukaus over Anders. This is one of the fights I'm going to look at more closely. My first reaction was that I kinda like the odds on Anders here. Not impressed by Daukaus, feel like Anders might take this. Not sure if I'll place a bet just yet though.

I don't know about Daukaus over Anders. This is one of the fights I'm going to look at more closely. My first reaction was that I kinda like the odds on Anders here. Not impressed by Daukaus, feel like Anders might take this. Not sure if I'll place a bet just yet though.
Thought the same. Not sure why anyone would pay -200 for someone like daukaus

I think Anders is the stronger guy. Only loss by sub is to Muniz and I don't think Kyle's sub game is on that level.

Might be worth watching the GM3/Anders fight as a guide.

I think Anders is the stronger guy. Only loss by sub is to Muniz and I don't think Kyle's sub game is on that level.

Might be worth watching the GM3/Anders fight as a guide.
Fight has all the makings of a Split. That being said, Eryk likes to get close to his opponent a lot, almost to a fault, so I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle took him down and controlled him enough to get the nod.

At most I'd go with a Daukaus by dec bet if the price is right. Maybe FGTD instead as well.

Fair but its also a fade on Anders who sucks

That's an oversimplification. Anders had a decent case with Park, most of the guys he's lost clearly to are towards the top end of the division.

Fair but its also a fade on Anders who sucks

do you think he wins higher than a 70% clip? I sure don’t

who is his biggest win? Jamie pickett? He was beating hawes until he gassed terribly.

not the type of guy you want to lay juice on imo

I haven’t taped ducote yet, but why is Angie hill creeping up in + numbers? Just off the top of my head Angie should probably be a slight favorite

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back