17th event in Florida in UFC history, 4th time in Orlando, Florida

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/91801-ufc-fight-night
https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/68373

https://twitter.com/hashtag/UFCOrlando?src=hashtag_click&f=live
https://www.youtube.com/hashtag/ufcorlando

https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/ufc-fight-night-214-2607

FhuCRKnWAAId-Xr.jpg

Kevin Holland:

“It’s not really a stand-and-bang fight, it’s a real technical standup fight, and you have to implement certain things to get to ‘Wonderboy’ and have your way with ‘Wonderboy'. I plan on implementing those things, and I plan on showing that I can strike with the best of them. It’s just a very, very fun match up. Talk about a guy that’s fought for a world title, that’s fought some of the best out there at the top of the weight class for a long time. If you do want a number next to your name, you have to go through somebody like that. He’s lost to people who’ve decided to grapple the whole time. People who decide to strike with him usually don’t have a good night, unless you’re Anthony Pettis. I think I’m just as creative as Anthony Pettis, even though he’s shown a lot of creativity inside that octagon, that cage. But yeah, against ‘Wonderboy’ there’s only one way to go, and that’s forward.”

310201168_10160382792936276_5459132430439486548_n.jpg

Last edited:
I am going to be scarily large on wonderboy at evens or better here. Holland is shit

Wonderboy against someone who doesn't usually grapple offensively in a large cage is my kind of shit.

Only concern is that Wonderboy is now 39 and his style has always been dependent on the ability to bounce in and out of range quickly and use his reflexes to avoid getting hit.

He doesn't have a ton of mileage on him compared to most guys his age which is good. Only 22 pro fights, which also means only 22 pro camps where he's been beating up his body and cutting weight.

It's just...his style is so unique and relies so much on reflexes that any falloff with him might get magnified more than with others.

Only concern is that Wonderboy is now 39 and his style has always been dependent on the ability to bounce in and out of range quickly and use his reflexes to avoid getting hit.

He doesn't have a ton of mileage on him compared to most guys his age which is good. Only 22 pro fights, which also means only 22 pro camps where he's been beating up his body and cutting weight.

It's just...his style is so unique and relies so much on reflexes that any falloff with him might get magnified more than with others.
I agree with this, i just do not rate Holland at all. Maybe im harsh on him but to me he just does very little well. WB should win the striking and Holland cant wrestle...

In before blown ACL

I agree with this, i just do not rate Holland at all. Maybe im harsh on him but to me he just does very little well. WB should win the striking and Holland cant wrestle...

In before blown ACL

I agree, and it's a fight where I can see Holland being more interested in making gestures and acting a bit clownish while WB just bounces around and lands enough to win rounds.

also note that this is 5 rounds and Holland has overrated gas tank. think he was slowing down against Means too before finish. Wonderboy is old but there is a possibility he just schools Holland for 3-4 rounds. First round maybe competitive. Holland also has one foot out of the door, never bet money on guys talking about retirement.

also note that this is 5 rounds and Holland has overrated gas tank. think he was slowing down against Means too before finish. Wonderboy is old but there is a possibility he just schools Holland for 3-4 rounds. First round maybe competitive. Holland also has one foot out of the door, never bet money on guys talking about retirement.

I wouldn't put any worth in the retirement thing, I think he was trolling.

Dunno if anyone is interested this early but Niko Price is currently an underdog against Phil Rowe which I find a bit bizarre.

2.5 on Brunson seems generous too.

Anyone like MJ at nearly +200? D1 Diakese has hit 19 TD's in his last 2 fights but that was against a super green Borshchev that can't defend a TD and Hadzovic who also has shitty TDD and is one of the weaker LW's on the roster. Probably a coinflip as per usual with MJ, but +187 on Bet365 seems enticing.

he did make it to the 5th with Marvin and even wobbled him. I also think we might see Kevin use his bjj here, i'm willing to bet him as an underdog , younger, slightly better grappler. no taping so far but i dont think holland should be ruled out so early. Wonderboy at 39 is also kind of 1 foot out the door too.

Mr.bjj do you rate Hollands bjj as a threat to wonderboy?

he did make it to the 5th with Marvin and even wobbled him. I also think we might see Kevin use his bjj here, i'm willing to bet him as an underdog , younger, slightly better grappler. no taping so far but i dont think holland should be ruled out so early. Wonderboy at 39 is also kind of 1 foot out the door too.
Wonderboy should be able to beat holland up easily, even at 40 with diminished reaction timing.

Wonderboy should be able to beat holland up easily, even at 40 with diminished reaction timing.
i' feel like Wonderboy struggles with certain striking styles, there is an argument that Kevin and Darren Till are similar in a lot of ways and that Wonderboy might be less dominate when he faces a fellow lengthy reach and tall fighter, Geoff neal and Luque were on the smaller size. If Pettis and Till can beat wonderboy why can't Holland?

I should do a lot of taping first . im not locked on either side.

i' feel like Wonderboy struggles with certain striking styles, there is an argument that Kevin and Darren Till are similar in a lot of ways and that Wonderboy might be less dominate when he faces a fellow lengthy reach and tall fighter, Geoff neal and Luque were on the smaller size. If Pettis and Till can beat wonderboy why can't Holland?

From what I remember Pettis was getting beat up before he memed him.

The till fight could’ve arguably went either way and he had to stay disciplined

I just don’t think holland is skilled enough to give him problems

Is he going to outpoint wonderboy over 5 rounds? Unlikely. Ko? I guess he could catch him over 5 rounds but I don’t give it a high percentage of hitting. Submission? I doubt holland can get him down. Maybe a club and sub. Very unlikely

wonderboy could outpoint or knockout holland, and I think both of these scenarios hit at a higher rate than holland winning. Maybe ko not so much

but then again wonderboy is pushing 40 and that’s really the only reason I can think of to not bet him.

it’s been almost 7 years since he’s gotten a finish
He turns 40 in February. He’s probably thinking about retirement

he’s sitting at -105. Wonderboy in his prime i think gives him fits

Mr.bjj do you rate Hollands bjj as a threat to wonderboy?

Maybe, if he actually got the fight to the mat. Holland's entries for TD's aren't good, and Wonderboy rarely overcommits on punches to allow guys to get to his hips. A caught kick I guess is one way Holland could get WB down, but WB has shown good balance overall when throwing kicks and disguises them better than almost anyone (a lifetime of making himself into an elite kickboxer will do that). Add to that the fact that Holland rarely has ever tried to force grappling on anyone (even in the cases where he might have a clear edge on the mat) and my feeling is that it's unlikely we see much (if any) grappling in this one at all.

From what I remember Pettis was getting beat up before he memed him.

The till fight could’ve arguably went either way and he had to stay disciplined

I just don’t think holland is skilled enough to give him problems

Is he going to outpoint wonderboy over 5 rounds? Unlikely. Ko? I guess he could catch him over 5 rounds but I don’t give it a high percentage of hitting. Submission? I doubt holland can get him down. Maybe a club and sub. Very unlikely

wonderboy could outpoint or knockout holland, and I think both of these scenarios hit at a higher rate than holland winning. Maybe ko not so much

but then again wonderboy is pushing 40 and that’s really the only reason I can think of to not bet him.

it’s been almost 7 years since he’s gotten a finish
He turns 40 in February. He’s probably thinking about retirement

he’s sitting at -105. Wonderboy in his prime i think gives him fits
I think Holland is that meme guy too, he has that danger power that carries all the way till the 5th. He wobbled Marvin, and that was marvin making Holland work with wrestling and yet he still carried his power in that 4th round. make no mistake Holland is dangerous like Pareira till the final bell.

You can make the argument tho Wb has only a decision and nothing else, who has really knockout or even Kd Holland? no one at this point.

I think his long seven years is two factors, Luque and Geoff not having the reach, and pinned against grapplers.

Maybe, if he actually got the fight to the mat. Holland's entries for TD's aren't good, and Wonderboy rarely overcommits on punches to allow guys to get to his hips. A caught kick I guess is one way Holland could get WB down, but WB has shown good balance overall when throwing kicks and disguises them better than almost anyone (a lifetime of making himself into an elite kickboxer will do that). Add to that the fact that Holland rarely has ever tried to force grappling on anyone (even in the cases where he might have a clear edge on the mat) and my feeling is that it's unlikely we see much (if any) grappling in this one at all.

Agreed, no argument there. I only think the sub threat is there if Wb gets kd and then Kevin tries to darce choke him.

Dunno if anyone is interested this early but Niko Price is currently an underdog against Phil Rowe which I find a bit bizarre.

2.5 on Brunson seems generous too.
I put a large bet on rowe but I might cash out. I still think rowe wins but risky. Supposedly niko had major knee surgery about a year ago but he looks sharp in training on instagram. I've been betting against people with injuries recently and they've been beating me for what that's worth... Rowe got strong bjj and can get back to his feet if taken down, a pretty good chin and gas tank, and he's been using his reach and has some power in his hands and mixes in some wild kicks. Nico looks pretty shopworn but dangerous. Who knows

Because Pettis was getting beaten pillar to post before he landed a one in a million shot.

I think Holland is that meme guy too, he has that danger power that carries all the way till the 5th. He wobbled Marvin, and that was marvin making Holland work with wrestling and yet he still carried his power in that 4th round. make no mistake Holland is dangerous like Pareira till the final bell.

You can make the argument tho Wb has only a decision and nothing else, who has really knockout or even Kd Holland? no one at this point.

I think his long seven years is two factors, Luque and Geoff not having the reach, and pinned against grapplers.

Agreed, no argument there. I only think the sub threat is there if Wb gets kd and then Kevin tries to darce choke him.

He did basically get knocked out from a headbutt by Daukaus. One could argue getting booted in the head by Thompson could cause similar amounts of damage.

Back