News UFC Picks 17 Year Old to Fight on Dana White's Contender Series.

DWCS pick Rosa versus Gutierrez

• Total voters
Yeah I'm wondering about that too.
Rory was able to get some pro MMA bouts in at 16, but it might be different in the US depending on what state this fight takes place in(I'm guessing Nevada).
If you fight on the reservation you can get past a lot of athletic commissions and safety regulations.

I wanna see the removal of weight classes and I wanna see 6 year olds fighting 29 year olds. Let women fight men too.

Lots of fighters started young. Shogun was fighting at parties as a teen.

Rory MacDonald was already a pro fighter at 16 years old.

Rory is comparable. He was a similar age when he fought the much more experienced Kajan Johnson.

Well.. One FC is using that 16 year old Victoria Lee, so why not?

This is also true but lets be honest the potential for taking massive amounts of damage is very different at women's atomweight.

Roberto Duran was fighting pro at 16
I believe Canelo was 15 and Margarito with other Mexicans also pro at very young age

My issue isn't so much someone fighting pro at that age, it's who he's fighting. If he's fighting people with poor records or fighters of a similar experience level then no problem.

Rory MacDonald was already a pro fighter at 16 years old.

Jordan Mein too, so this kid can look forward to being completely shot before his 30th birthday.

Boggles my mind why you'd want to rush to the UFC before you're even legally allowed to drink. I thought guys like Dan Lauzon and Sage served as lessons that sometimes it's better to accrue more experience before heading into the biggest org.

UFC is a private company they can do whatever they want. They dont force anyone to work there.

I mean why not throw a 17 year old in there with a 25 year old 7-1 fighter?

What could go wrong?

Bro its DWCS lol...its not like hes going in there with izzy or Kamaru...

Also since when is 25 not young...its ok if this 17 fucks that guys life up but not the other way around...

This is fighting...someone has to win someone has to lose... I say there must be something about this kid for him to get the spot at 17 .. perhap hes worth watching ...just saying could be a legend in the making

So it would magically be ok in a few months when he turns 18?

No I tend to think 18 is too young to be fighting at this level too. The current youngest fighter on the roster is 20.

Bro its DWCS lol...its not like hes going in there with izzy or Kamaru...

Also since when is 25 not young...its ok if this 17 fucks that guys life up but not the other way around...

This is fighting...someone has to win someone has to lose... I say there must be something about this kid for him to get the spot at 17 .. perhap hes worth watching ...just saying could be a legend in the making

I hope he is, I just think if a young kid gets badly hurt by an experienced fighter and it looks like a mismatch then it could be bad press.

He will be 18 by the time he actually fights in DWCS but it is a little weird. I thought Dana said after signing Chase Hooper he won't be looking for anyone that young ever again.

Is this kid the next GOATzat GOATmaev?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Víctor Hugo Teco
Back