News UFC to stop working with USADA from 2024

Good decision?

• Total voters
Crazy for sure, so much breaking UFC news recently about shit not going right. Next up WADA and VADA and Jim's Discount Drug Testing will be in USADA's place.

Last edited:
USADA is throwing a tantrum about losing their cash cow, the UFC, since they've been kicked to the curb and are using Conor as the scapegoat. Yet, this thread is brimming to the gills with idiotic takes and conspiracy theories. Suredawg gonna Suredawg.

Crazy for sure, so much breaking UFC news recently about shit not going right. Next up WADA and VADA and Jim's Discount Drug Testing will be in USADA's place.
If wada comes there would be no ufc.see what pogba is going through 4 year ban just imagine jj

The UFC has jumped the shark how many times in the last few days?

I don’t even know what to say, anymore.

There is ZERO legitimacy in the UFC now.

Not a threat. Not hyperbole. Just facts.. I’m pretty sure I won’t be watching the org within one year.

Same. Im one year UFC went from respectable sport to trash joke sport. You thought Slapfest was bad?? Get ready for a mob controlled fixed fight frenzy league. Ultimate Fixed Championship.

USADA is throwing a tantrum about losing their cash cow, the UFC, since they've been kicked to the curb and are using Conor as the scapegoat. Yet, this thread is brimming to the gills with idiotic takes and conspiracy theories. Suredawg gonna Suredawg.
I think it's silly to take either side at face value. USADA is surely upset about this deal but that doesn't negate their claims either. UFCs practices are questionable at times and money is the bottom line. Strict testing equals less fights. Less fights equals less money.

I think it's reasonable to say that yes USADA is pissed and yes UFC is doing sketchy shit. This Conor situation is very clearly suspect.

Only test they're doing is the eye test

dana-white-ufc-president.gif

I mean if they were complete bullshit we wouldn't have seen fighters like Jones and Silva get banned. I think towards the end when they stopped releasing the news of positive tests it became a lot more shady.
I didnt say it was complete bulkshit. I said it was an IQ test. Whoever advised Silva that he could mask what he was using in order to heal his leg, they were behind on the most recent practices. Jones...I don't think we need to think too hard on explanations as to how he might fail a test that some fairly obvious baked chicken and rice eaters are passing.

To your point, it got shader once they stopped releasing results. People lost their careers over USADA, and as we can see, it was something that the UFC largely just used for cover, while it was convenient

I think it's silly to take either side at face value. USADA is surely upset about this deal but that doesn't negate their claims either. UFCs practices are questionable at times and money is the bottom line. Strict testing equals less fights. Less fights equals less money.

I think it's reasonable to say that yes USADA is pissed and yes UFC is doing sketchy shit. This Conor situation is very clearly suspect.

If the UFC really was trying to pull a fast one, they would have just had Conor stay out of the pool entirely and booked him right away once USADA wasn't working with them at the beginning of 2024. What did they do? They instead had Conor enter the testing pool. There is no conspiracy going on here. If the UFC wanted to do something underhanded they would. You may have forgotten that this is the same company that moved the Jones/Gus II fight to another state in under a week due to test problems in Nevada. They'll do what they want. What this is, is nothing more than Endeavor/TKO looking to save money.

Dana finally realized they made the sport look boring af.

More power and intensity = more viewers and less criticism.

Slow, sluggish and fatties = less viewers and more criticism.

So a third party and independent anti-doping agency is worse than their "own solution" ?

Conor is already the most privileged athlete in the UFC, what do you think will happen with their own anti-doping solution ?

But it's Sherdog after all : always nonsense everywhere <seedat>
Except I didn't say that...

I didnt say it was complete bulkshit. I said it was an IQ test. Whoever advised Silva that he could mask what he was using in order to heal his leg, they were behind on the most recent practices. Jones...I don't think we need to think too hard on explanations as to how he might fail a test that some fairly obvious baked chicken and rice eaters are passing.

To your point, it got shader once they stopped releasing results. People lost their careers over USADA, and as we can see, it was something that the UFC largely just used for cover, while it was convenient
That's the point. Or you do your work right for every single fighter and be transparent AT ALL TIMES, or don't do it at all. That's pretty simple. No one wants pretenders, we want the real thing as it must be.

One fighter gets tested 3 times, another 30 times... We don't have the results anymore. When we know the fighter was tested, we don't know which substances, which kind of tests... Poor fighters get caught to make a case on TV while some others can grow titties and stuff. I mean, come on lol.

When a person doesn't like transparency or overlooks that, we can see in which side they really are.

Yes! Down with USADA! Down with drug testing at all!

It's just going to go back to state testing or delegate the testing to another cheaper entity. It's required by the athletic commissions. They can get away with the bare minimum now. Most likely randomized testing will end. Stuff like TRT or IV will make a comeback. Yay we can have mid 40s Bork back in the UFC.

Not announcing suspensions until the investigation is officially over is not shady. It's good practice.

Back