UFC WMMA: The way to watch

Give me:

• Whole Fight Nights of just WMMA. No WMMA on the other cards.

• What we have now. A few WMMA fights on a card.

• None. I don’t like WMMA.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, you seem to have confused your opinion for a fact.

I simply used the most recent example that proves that opinion to be wrong.
The most recent example being an exception proves that the rest of it isn't terrible? Got it. Keep pretending wmma is good for whatever reason. It obviously helps you in some way

UFC 290 has 1 wmma fight on the prelims

UFC 291 has 1 wmma fight on the prelims

i hope the UFC is trending in that direction and then just move them all on their own league and give room for talent to shine for both genders
But even then they have a wmma fight with 2 girls that have 1 UFC fight between them, after Crute vs Menifield. That's ridiculous. Not Lawler being on the prelims like everyone was complaining about. That's not even weird

I know everyone hates the analogies but WNBA has been around for a very long time. Girls have been playing basketball for a very long time. Their skill level is maxed out and still the sport struggles. WMMA will exist because men's MMA exists. Take away men's MMA and you get Invicta, if Invicta qualifies as a successful endeavor in any meaningful sense well then great. Doesn't mean from time to time a female fighter or three won't capture the public's attention en masse. Athletic ability isn't incredible enough across the landscape of WMMA for it ever to gain widespread appeal. Women's tennis is on the opposite end of that spectrum, but you know who plays tennis in addition to men? Women, in largish numbers, so they have a legit world wide fan base consisting of men and large numbers of women. Most women aren't looking to get punched in the face or grapple. Most women hate, strongly dislike, or never give a thought to MMA.

Last edited:
If the take is - "I don't watch WMMA because, on average, it's not as high level as other UFC fights" - I disagree, but I do think that's a fair take.

But what I don't understand is people wanting to include more men's filler fights from guys outside of the UFC, considering that, on average, they would not be UFC-caliber fighters.

Ya I agree completely. I guess my point was, the best of WMMA today is easily above the skill level of UFC early days. When UFC was born, people stood up and paid attention. We couldn't get enough of it. It was about martial arts and fighting. No one turned their nose up at the "low skill level". I just find it odd that people criticize the female side of the sport as trash when they were clearly enjoying trash for years if they followed early pro MMA. I'm enjoying WMMA as it evolves and improves just like I did watching fighters of yesterday all the way to today.

I have said this in other threads, and agree completely

Ya I agree completely. I guess my point was, the best of WMMA today is easily above the skill level of UFC early days. When UFC was born, people stood up and paid attention. We couldn't get enough of it. It was about martial arts and fighting. No one turned their nose up at the "low skill level". I just find it odd that people criticize the female side of the sport as trash when they were clearly enjoying trash for years if they followed early pro MMA. I'm enjoying WMMA as it evolves and improves just like I did watching fighters of yesterday all the way to today.
They dont like the idea of women fighting,and like to bash people who do.

I know everyone hates the analogies but WNBA has been around for a very long time. Girls have been playing basketball for a very long time. Their skill level is maxed out and still the sport struggles. WMMA will exist because men's MMA exists. Take away men's MMA and you get Invicta, if Invicta qualifies as a successful endeavor in any meaningful sense well then great. Doesn't mean from time to time a female fighter or three won't capture the public's attention en masse. Athletic ability isn't incredible enough across the landscape of WMMA for it ever to gain widespread appeal. Women's tennis is on the opposite end of that spectrum, but you know who plays tennis in addition to men? Women, in largish numbers, so they have a legit world wide fan base consisting of men and large numbers of women. Most women aren't looking to get punched in the face or grapple. Most women hate, strongly dislike, or never give a thought to MMA.
the thought that you have to be some supporter of womens anything, just because you like the main sport is stupid as well. basketball fans don't get flack for not supporting WNBA. i'm a fan of MMA at the highest levels, and that is why i do not like watching WMMA. absolute boring garbage.

Back