UFN 101 - Whittaker vs Brunson - Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is claiming that Hooker possesses big knockout power but he is a more polished striker and can land flush.

You don't get a cut like this by being great at keeping distance. Alers is a decent grappler with next to no stand up. Knight is a brawler with some decent leg kicks, not much more.

jason-knight-ufc-on-fox-20-post-video.jpg

Rob Whittaker is a better grappler than Brunson. He should be a -300 favorite ffs. Keep betting brunson. Free money.

Knight doesn't have an excellent jab but it's certainly better than Hooker's.

Knight was chasing Alers down because he didn't give him any respect. He clowned him.

Nobody is claiming that Hooker possesses big knockout power but he is a more polished striker and can land flush.

You don't get a cut like this by being great at keeping distance. Alers is a decent grappler with next to no stand up. Knight is a brawler with some decent leg kicks, not much more.

Knight is honestly the best fighter on the card. I have no doubt he would give Conor a harder fight than most of these suckers.

Sorry i never said he had an excellent jab.

I meant generally if you have an excellent jab, you can keep a low guard.

Yes but you said you can keep a low guard if you have an excellent jab.

Knight does not have an excellent jab so he cannot afford to keep a low guard.

I'm going off all of Hooker's UFC fights whereas you're going off one Alers fight where he was hesitant because of Knight's constant pressure and volume.

Watch the tape on Hooker and tell me he's not really inactive in most of his fights.

Well thats cute you try to defend your horrible point by telling me what i'm basing my opinion on. But you're just wrong. There is not a drastic difference in activity, and if anything Hooker is easily the one more willing to throw offense.

What is Hooker? I watched all of his UFC fights today. I'd like to know.

Well thats cute you try to defend your horrible point by telling me what i'm basing my opinion on. But you're just wrong. There is not a drastic difference in activity, and if anything Hooker is easily the one more willing to throw offense.
Watch the tape on Hooker then we can have a conversation.

Trained with Johnny Case, he's been a massive help, his wrestling, BJJ is better than Holbrook and he's southpaw, I want to prove as a pure Australian fighter, stay and train here, I haven't lost in Melbourne, speed, I'm bigger, stronger, first round KO

What is Hooker? I watched all of his UFC fights today. I'd like to know.

He's a decent kickboxer (with a kickboxing background) who also has good defensive grappling.

Knight is from a Jiu Jitsu background, has good Jiu Jitsu but not a great wrestling game.

Trained with Johnny Case, he's been a massive help, his wrestling, BJJ is better than Holbrook and he's southpaw, I want to prove as a pure Australian fighter, stay and train here, I haven't lost in Melbourne, speed, I'm bigger, stronger, first round KO

Who the fook is that guy?

He's a decent kickboxer (with a kickboxing background) who also has good defensive grappling.

Knight is from a Jiu Jitsu background, has good Jiu Jitsu but not a great wrestling game.

Hooker lost to Yair who has terrible striking and boxing defence. Knight will be too much and too GOATLY for him.

I got the Whittaker fight offer 10 mins after the Hall fight, I don't care it's in his home town, the travel is nasty, 21 hours flight, I've never done it before, I got here 9 days early, so I feel good, I've never not been at home for thanksgiving, but you have to make sacrifices, I dont have a gameplan, I feel for where it goes, I want the romero rematch

Headliner in my own country, it's a big deal, I'm blessed for the opportunity, it was brutal trying to get to 170, I should have moved up a few fights earlier, All my fans, friends and family is here, Asia is close, it's going to be war, my hand are dangerous, it's about time I get respect, I hit hard, he will quit

From watching tape, Hooker has poor striking. No jab or anything, just the occasional laboured straight. Hioki was actually outstriking him before the finish. He has decent kicks but he hardly throws them, especially when pressured. He'll just use footwork and measure distance without actually doing anything for most of the fight. I guess you can say he has good top control for beating down Entwistle after one of his failed leg locks but jeez, I wouldn't put that much stock into that.

Knight is obviously no world beater. He has no wrestling, not much power, but he has really nice oblique kicks and leg kicks, a good jab, a nice 1-2 and he stays really active with both head and body strikes which IMO is more than enough to beat Hooker. If Hooker was a good counter-puncher with power or a good wrestler I'd pick him all day, but he's not.

BTW, if you're saying it'll be a close split decision, why aren't you advocating a play on Knight yourself?

Watch the tape on Hooker then we can have a conversation.
There really isn't a convo to have. Alers is not A LOT more active, as you put it. You would struggle to argue hes more active period. Hooker is more willing to create offense rather than wait for it. Did you skip the Blanco fight where he threw more strikes in one fight than Alers has in his entire career?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back