1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFN 105 - Lewis vs Browne - Halifax

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Jan 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

#BelieveInRicci

2. HeDucking Im so Groovy Banned

Youre like sub 30% in picks and declining. Stop making outrageous statements.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  3. Xuh Silver Belt

Yea I bet on Randa by dec for similar reasons, it reached over 5.0 which is pretty crazy and I don't see her winning by finish almost ever here. Best wrestler Carla has faced (ever?) and hometown judges. Bigger physically.
    I think Carla's credential is 'all american' but there are nearly no female collegate wrestlers so that's meaningless, Randa has canadian junior bronze which actually might be a better qualification (Canada > USA in wimminz wrestling). That + size could make Carla's wrestling dependence an issue in this one.
    Randa has terrible fight IQ and doesn't train at an MMA camp at the moment though. Not to mention a much inferior MMA track record.
    Wouldn't surprise me if Carla outpointed her on the feet either (due to speed difference).
    I don't like betting value just for the sake of it most of the time but felt like it was worth a 0.5u stab on Randa DEC.
    I liked the Carla NSC bets others made earlier, very low risk bet, was decent odds, shame UK still doesn't get them...

4. arrelione Red Belt

Don't like this card for betting, nor entertainment really.

100$ on Lombard
    100$ on Theodoru
    That's it.

5. iGnP Silver Belt

Can you sell me on Theo? Currently dont have a bet on the fight but wanted to take Cezar

6. SBJJ Steel Belt

Only bet is Cezar for me. Pretty large. I think Cezar has become a damn good fighter. And I think this is actually an easy(ish) matchup for him. Where he holds the edge in both striking and wrestling

7. arrelione Red Belt

In short I believe Ferreira has realized he can't throw caution into the wind with his glass chin as recently he has had a more "safe" approach standing with a lot more wrestling. I think that will play into Theos game and Theo is very well conditioned, it might play a factor late.

Haven't taken the time to watch time or anything. It's just a standard sized bet for me.

8. iGnP Silver Belt

I hear ya. as @SBJJ said, i kinda think stylistically it favors cezar actually. I think he's still being a bit undervalued bc of his chin, when Theo prob cant take advantage of it. prob a pass for me, though. GL!

9. SBJJ Steel Belt

Cesar doesn't need to take it to the ground. He might at times but he has a decent edge on the feet

10. HeDucking Im so Groovy Banned

If you can throw a basic 1-2, you have an advantage over Theodorou. Dude has the slowest most telegraphed kicks for standup.

11. SBJJ Steel Belt

I think if he had a good beard he'd have the potential to hit elite status

12. Agent Mulder Black Belt

For sure. It's a shame.

13. arrelione Red Belt

Technically yes. However that chin is always an x factor.

14. SBJJ Steel Belt

I doubt with him being more patient and him fighting them that it will be that huge a factor

15. Officer_Brown The Cuck of MMA betting. Look at my pretty face. Banned

[​IMG]

16. Officer_Brown The Cuck of MMA betting. Look at my pretty face. Banned

Lombards will not crack hendricks chin.... come down where ever high you are guys.

17. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

But the 2 things Carla can do are 1) hit TD's and 2) hold her opponent down. And Randa's tdd sucks. And her getups suck. So while Carla won't likely do damage from top position, she's a good positional grappler. If Randa tries to throw up sloppy sub attempts from bottom she will likely get passed and Carla might be able to finish via sub. Otherwise I'm pretty confident Carla will just dominate the grappling positionally anyway.

Is this me trying to convince myself I didn't go a bit too heavy on Carla? Yep. Is it working? Umm...maybe LOL?

18. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

Randa's wrestling really has looked like garbage though, and even though she's bigger she always seems to get overpowered against the cage and in the clinch.

Man I might end up taking it in the ass on this one if I'm wrong, but I think Carla is gonna ragdoll Randa.

19. HeDucking Im so Groovy Banned

Your gut says Carla? Play Carla, dont be too influenced by the thread, its gets a bit too hive minded sometimes on the wrong fighter.

20. Joseph Budden Banned Banned

Carla's hug only strategy is going to catch up to her and I think this could be kind of close (which fucks the -3.5 lol) but Randa has not impressed lately and not lived up to the potential she showed on TUF. Carla hugging incoming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.