UFN 106 - Belfort vs Gastelum - Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and if you think Brazil judges are biased I suggest you contact Lyoto Machida and Demian Maia explain to them how the hell they lost to Phil Davis and Jake Shields respectively in their own backyard. Especially Machida.

While you're at it you might want to contact a couple other Brazilian fighters who — if the judges were biased — should have got the nod over the American but didn't. A couple of prominent examples that come to mind include: C.B. Dolloway > Daniel Sararaffian and Rivera over Munhoz (Correct decision but close fight but I've seen go the other way)

There are of course those weird splits that have gone the other way towards the Brazilian guy like Shogun > Corey Anderson. Though I believe that was a very close fight to score myself. Then there ant some LOL moments such as Tim Means getting a lulzy split decision victory over Marcio Alexandre when it was obviously unanimous or Carlos Eduardo Rocha somehow getting a judge to score the fight for him over Jake Ellenberger. But on the whole it seems to balance itself out. All told, it doesn't appear to be anything worse than what we see stateside or anywhere else in the world.

Regarding the judges who awarded the Brazilian fighter the fight were mostly judges from the states. i.e. In the following sample size:

• Sararaffian = U.S judge (Derek Cleary)
  • Alexandre = a U.S judge (Tony weeks)
  • Rocha = U.S. judge (Adelaide Byrd)
  • Munhoz = U.S judge (Howard Hughes) The two Brazilian judges actually scored it for Rivera

Finally, the UFC almost exclusively uses two out of three U.S judges for every Brazilian card. Just saying, I wouldn't where the fact that this event is being held in Brazil change your fighter preference.

Can I see where you got your stats from? Brazil seems to always have 2 judges from Brazil and maybe 1 American, thats why there are so many split decisions. For example Shogun/Anderson, the American scored for Anderson whilst the two Brazilians scored it for Shogun, majority of media and people gave it to Anderson.

Last edited:
Have a little bit of Tirimasu. Fails to make weight.

Have a little bit of French Toast. Gonna fail to make weight, mark my words. He came in a full 5 pounds heavier last time. {<jordan}

First time fighting outside of US, long flight, that sucked, got here a day early to adjust, only 23, this is a very big fight, it's a great win for me, he's boring BJJ, not dangerous on the feet, I look to exploit his holes

No one knows how the first fight will affect means OR olivera. Feels like hype and jumping to conclusions to me.

I still remember means being grapplefucked by castillo and magny. Does means even have a win in the UFC over a opponent that's still in the ufc? Glancing at the list off the top of my head doesn't look like it.

That's enough for me to take this inflated line, I'm personally hoping it gets above +250 again.

Have a little bit of Tirimasu. Fails to make weight.

Have a little bit of French Toast. Gonna fail to make weight, mark my words. He came in a full 5 pounds heavier last time. {<jordan}
Why its called "French Toast"? All I simply see are Eggs, bread and small amount of strawberrys. I think thats legit food right before weight cutting imo...
Tiramisu is ofc different thing. Full of carbs.

Why its called "French Toast"? All I simply see are Eggs, bread and small amount of strawberrys. I think thats legit food right before weight cutting imo...

Sugar, salt + Carbs, he already has a rough cut, this will make it harder.

First time fighting outside of US, long flight, that sucked, got here a day early to adjust, only 23, this is a very big fight, it's a great win for me, he's boring BJJ, not dangerous on the feet, I look to exploit his holes

Boring bjj, haha. This coming from the guy out grappled by scoggins, and cheated vs smolka and still got put in a lot of bad positions.

"I've been grappling against guys like formiga my whole life" No you havent, you have no grappling credentials and are going against a 4x world champion.

you dont see all the butter or whatever that greese is under the toast? its not just breed

you dont see all the butter or whatever that greese is under the toast? its not just breed

Lol. Yea, it's covered in syrup. My grandfather got fukin diabetes from to much syrup

Boring bjj, haha. This coming from the guy out grappled by scoggins, and cheated vs smolka and still got put in a lot of bad positions.

"I've been grappling against guys like formiga my whole life" No you havent, you have no grappling credentials and are going against a 4x world champion.

I'm patiently holding off til weigh ins for a larger bet. Would hate to bet too much only to have Borg come in at like 135 looking all swole

I'm patiently holding off til weigh ins for a larger bet. Would hate to bet too much only to have Borg come in at like 135 looking all swole

Yes, I want to snap bet more, but it's going up and we are dealing with a cheater.

I didn't see Formiga striking when on the ground, and it seems that he prefers position first. The risk is that the ref may stand them up.

Yeah that's one of the things that worries me, I wish formiga did more damage on the ground.

Hope Borg cuts zero weight so Jussier Hugmiga has a harder time getting his hump on

GTFO you know nothing about French Toast - claims GOAT bettor status yet doesn't know about French Toast...Pommy find the door...

by weigh ins i could predict Saint Preux losing cuz he smiled at Manuwa and Manuwa was dead serious.
There is a 60% chance that a fighter will lose if he smiles at his opponent during weigh ins.
And that's not me only.

https://digest.bps.org.uk/2013/03/11/smiling-fighters-are-more-likely-to-lose/

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/humor-sapiens/201305/ufc-fighters-who-smile-fight-lose-more

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/6/1...tudy-shows-that-mma-fighters-who-smile-before
sources
Also there some great articles in german but you guys wouldn't understand it

9914200.jpg

Prazeres/Means/Formiga/Shogun/Gastelum $300 to win $2400 stiff!

Another addition: Rony Jason/Rani Yahya/Bitch Correia $300 to win $1900. I'm in parlay mood right now but thats enough for today.

That's everything i'v done so far. Maybe i'll add one parlay more where overs are included. Vitor/Gast o1,5 sounds nice.
@Basek , i'd be happy to change your bum life.

@Officer_Brown

srsly man, waiting for your parlays. Wanna change my 2017 bum life .

The goat has blessed our bum lives with these 2 parlays so far:

Rony Jason + Rani Yahya + Bethe Correia
Praz + Means + Formiga + Mauricio Rua + Gastelum

*edit
just noticed Officer Brown beat me to it^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back